Expertise... What a PVP player thinks.

NuSeC

Ok so I see so many people gripe about expertise and it seems to be a back and forth issue.

A little background on me:

I started like many. I played some pvp during the time I was LVLing my toon and when I did reach 50 I had to grind to get Cent gear then Champ then hope I got lucky with my BM boxes and get a token for my BM set.

I am now VLAR 83 and in full BM/WH. I earned my BM gear prior to 1.2 and I must say I am a little annoyed at people qq about the grind to just get BM gear now... the same gear that took me MONTHS of dedicated PVP to get.

I did the grind and took the lumps and worked my way up. However that does not seem possible for some of you and it is still too difficult somehow.

I propose this: Take EXP out of gear... all of it and just give us the PVE tier equivalent Black Hole/Campaign gear and make it attainable in PVP like WH/BM gear is now.

EXP only exists now as something to help in PVP and keep people that have Black-hole/Campaign gear from facerolling dedicated PVP people. If you can not understand that well... I feel bad for you.

I am very confident in my skill and have plenty of PVP 1 vs 1 experience in my Columi gear so exp was not the deciding factor. When fighting equally geared people in PVE gear they would still lose because of all the PVP practice and knowing how to counter their class BECAUSE of all the PVP I do.

In short. I do not need expertise... but I also don't think this is the only reason people are losing matches. After you played as many matches as I have it goes like this. Either you are on the better team or you are not. and if you have not practiced as much at someone that plays all the time... you are expected to lose because they should know how to PVP better than you.

Edited by NuSeC
typo

OMG DOZER!

Hey bro!

:D

D they will cry no matter what system is in place.

Yes Dozer is a great Jug Tank I can totally vouch!

Personally, I wish our gear degraded over time and had to

be replaced by crafted gear that used resources from OWPVP area's

but... Im crazy that way lol...

As far as expertise is concerned, I'd rather the gear be harder to get as pretty much

once you have BM gear it gets kind of boring... the WH is nice and all but... meh...

The same 4 Wz over and over and over and over and over and over and over... /tears eyes out

Edited by VoidJustice

OMG DOZER!

Hey bro!

:D

D they will cry no matter what system is in place.

Yes Dozer is a great Jug Tank I can totally vouch!

Personally, I wish our gear degraded over time and had to

be replaced by crafted gear that used resources from OWPVP area's

but... Im crazy that way lol...

As far as expertise is concerned, I'd rather the gear be harder to get as pretty much

once you have BM gear it gets kind of boring... the WH is nice and all but... meh...

The same 4 Wz over and over and over and over and over and over and over... /tears eyes out

yeah ... only problem is people who say "bro" and "totally" just arent that credible

yeah ... only problem is people who say "bro" and "totally" just arent that credible

Trolls are not credible either.

Troll.

I mean really, is that the best you can bring to the conversation?

Yeah Expertise is a rubbish idea, they tried to quick fix those who WZ only all the without the duh 4 WZ and only 3 good ones, how long will that last.

Totally agree there is no need for pvp specific gear.. We end up gimped for PvE so PvE play between said WZ is gimped. I though somebody was barbequin' but Sweet Lord Jesus its a Fire!

If we had nothing but "gear" with no differentiation between pvp and pve, you would end up playing with a lot of guys in the WZ that just plain suck. That's great if they are on the other team, but what if you have 5 of them on your team.............

Expertise is really meant for PvE. It is designed so that top gear in PvP will not be used to skip dungeons and content in raiding.

It has nothing to do with face rolling people or owning under geared players. There is gear progression in this game, and it will always be like that. Undergeared players will get destroyed with or without expertise.

Expertise is really meant for PvE. It is designed so that top gear in PvP will not be used to skip dungeons and content in raiding.

It has nothing to do with face rolling people or owning under geared players. There is gear progression in this game, and it will always be like that. Undergeared players will get destroyed with or without expertise.

dunno about Nightmare Modes but so far me and my pals had no problem clearing any HM content in PVP gear in 1 or 2 runs. Sure it seems a bit hard but not that big deal.

That said, even when 99% of players know you need expertise in PvP you can still see people in purely PvE gear there. Funny when some "tank" with 22k+ HP jumps on me and is destroyed in few shots.

My opinion on expertise? It is fine. Not everyone has big riding guild to get uber gear from OPS. I would be sad if I couldn't compete in PvP just because I didn't do PvE stuff. On the other hand, if expertise was removed then PvP gear would have to equal PvE stuff so what would be the point of PvEing at all? BM, as many said, takes like 4-7 days to acquire tops. Doubt that full Rakata is that simple to get.

dunno about Nightmare Modes but so far me and my pals had no problem clearing any HM content in PVP gear in 1 or 2 runs. Sure it seems a bit hard but not that big deal.

That said, even when 99% of players know you need expertise in PvP you can still see people in purely PvE gear there. Funny when some "tank" with 22k+ HP jumps on me and is destroyed in few shots.

My opinion on expertise? It is fine. Not everyone has big riding guild to get uber gear from OPS. I would be sad if I couldn't compete in PvP just because I didn't do PvE stuff. On the other hand, if expertise was removed then PvP gear would have to equal PvE stuff so what would be the point of PvEing at all? BM, as many said, takes like 4-7 days to acquire tops. Doubt that full Rakata is that simple to get.

Bioware is still in the process of tweaking expertise and gear stats. When battlemaster was top tier, I think people were using it to do the hardest dungeons. Bioware doesn't want that so they are tweaking it some more. But they have their own problems like Bosses being too easy anyway pre 1.2

Wrong.

It does have to do with PVP... as gear to grind/work for. Just look at it as the answer to end game PVE gear.

Before 1.2 people rocking rakata gear would join up and was equal to EXP or better because of base stats.

Undergeared players will get destroyed with or without expertise.
<- Truth.

OK, OP, I will bite. Let's say they remove expertise? First, they need to strip you of all your gear. Let's see you get rocked by raiders for a few weeks, and then see how you feel about the idea.

Already been down that road man... I was once a fresh 50 and did the grind to top end PVP gear. It is a far cry from what it once was when I did it. And what I said was a key word that you missed "replace". As in if you take My BM/WH gear I want my tier equivalent in exchange.