Biofailware hits again... New Patch "fixes" - tell them what's wrong

Urdnaxela

most of the times i am, but when i pay someone for a service and they screw it up without giving me a "we're working on it, it should be solved before tomorrow morning" kind of response then... well, let's say that the least i can do is to let some of the steam off for those money they cash in monthly... don't you agree?

as for the disgusting part... i'm more disgusted of people's hypocrisy, of people forgetting that when they pay for something they should expect something in return (and not behave like slaves), of people talking about "community" without mentioning that the community itself is most of the times driven by the state of the product (at least in the case of an mmo) a poor community - a poor product.

No. I don't agree. Pretending that your super angry on the forums and (for lack of a better term) swearing about it doesn't get your issue moved any faster.

We pay for a service and we do have an expected return, but along with that payment comes your personal risk that at times the service may not perform at 100%. YOU, take the risk by paying your sub cost. So do I. When there is something wrong I report it or add my feedback in a constructive manner. You only make yourself look like a selfish, spoiled, entitled internet brat when you add anger and "FIX THIS NOW!!!!!" to your comments.

Its ridiculous to say the least. Bioware doesn't owe you any more than they owe themselves. Their jobs, careers, and families depend on this product to be successful. They fix these things as fast as they can.

If you really get this angry about these things I suggest you go outside, play a board game, read a book or just do something else.

Now that you got that out of your system, just take a deep breath and ask yourself, "In the grand scheme of things, is this really a big deal?" You sound like you live your life with a lot of stress.

it's not really, it's just that it kind of builds up.

my server is dead so there's nothing for me to do - just keep on farming dailies.

crafting is.. well, with a dead server - the economy is dead too.

alt? maybe... or maybe not.

and on top of it all bio comes and puts some code in that's untested. because it really isn't and i don't care if you believe me or not, i 100% know it's not tested properly.

that shows me that i'm paying (and even more - i gave them some 120 bucks) for nothing. i'm the guy that really gets mad when someone steals from me - and i call this stealing. period.

p.s. interesting huh? i'd rather rant on the forums than OH YEAAAAH!!!! doing some more dailies on my dead server...

anoher p.s.: for all thsoe people concerned that i'm too stressed and in anger - i'm cool now :D

Edited by Urdnaxela

The "Terms of Service" response is tired.

Most ToS agreements are not worth a salt in a court of law. They can write whatever the hell they want and an individual can agree to those terms, whatever they might be, but if they violate consumer protection laws its all moot and most of these ToS agreements do step on the toes of consumer protection laws in many places.

it's not really, it's just that it kind of builds up.

my server is dead so there's nothing for me to do - just keep on farming dailies.

crafting is.. well, with a dead server - the economy is dead too.

alt? maybe... or maybe not.

and on top of it all bio comes and puts some code in that's untested. because it really isn't and i don't care if you believe me or not, i 100% know it's not tested properly.

that shows me that i'm paying (and even more - i gave them some 120 bucks) for nothing. i'm the guy that really gets mad when someone steals from me - and i call this stealing. period.

p.s. interesting huh? i'd rather rant on the forums than OH YEAAAAH!!!! doing some more dailies on my dead server...

anoher p.s.: for all thsoe people concerned that i'm too stressed and in anger - i'm cool now :D

They did hear you overwhelming cry for achievements though!

The "Terms of Service" response is tired.

Most ToS agreements are not worth a salt in a court of law. They can write whatever the hell they want and an individual can agree to those terms, whatever they might be, but if they violate consumer protection laws its all moot and most of these ToS agreements do step on the toes of consumer protection laws in many places.

You're seriously trying to say that a buggy patch violates consumer protection laws? Get a grip man. The game is not unplayable and never has been unplayable. Half the bugs that people like to rant about don't even impact their personal gameplay. Too many people take Bioware's faults personally.

You're seriously trying to say that a buggy patch violates consumer protection laws? Get a grip man. The game is not unplayable and never has been unplayable. Half the bugs that people like to rant about don't even impact their personal gameplay. Too many people take Bioware's faults personally.

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit.

I am just responding to the person who comes with the "You signed the ToS so you cant complain about anything" response and that the ToS gives a company license to whatever they want.

Not once did I say anything about the patch violating consumer protection laws.

Learn to be civil. This community disgusts me sometimes.

I am sure Bioware is working on the immediate issues. The best you can do is let them know in a constructive manner.

It's nice to know some people can be level headed about things like this. Kudos to you. :)

i think you got me wrong. it's not the actual bug that's pissing me off (although, whatever you might believe or not, it's far from being a minor bug. a BiS unique item disappearing from you char is not minor. a 1% from a buff not applying correctly is a minor bug. missing items - en mass - is not minor at all).

what's pissing me off is that they are practically saying that we should stop playing (ok, they're recommending us not to change area...) 'till this is solved, without any notice of when this will be solved. and other things piss me off but i'm too tired now to mention them (although, like someone else stated here, it seems they are keen on adding achievements - like that would be more important that fixing the damn population problem - a problem so many fanboys here did not even knowledge, and BW & EA do not acknowledge too - THAT too is pissing me off). yeah, i'm a pissed off (not on :p) person.

one of the most important steps is to say "we're gonna be done in 4 hours" even if it's going to be 5, or 6. that's an important thing.

The ****** community is a product of a ****** game. Garbage in, garbage out kind of thing.

How a person acts is always a choice. This thread is a prime example of how this place became labeled "TORchan".

i think you got me wrong. it's not the actual bug that's pissing me off (although, whatever you might believe or not, it's far from being a minor bug. a BiS unique item disappearing from you char is not minor. a 1% from a buff not applying correctly is a minor bug. missing items - en mass - is not minor at all).

what's pissing me off is that they are practically saying that we should stop playing (ok, they're recommending us not to change area...) 'till this is solved, without any notice of when this will be solved. and other things piss me off but i'm too tired now to mention them (although, like someone else stated here, it seems they are keen on adding achievements - like that would be more important that fixing the damn population problem - a problem so many fanboys here did not even knowledge, and BW & EA do not acknowledge too - THAT too is pissing me off). yeah, i'm a pissed off (not on :p) person.

one of the most important steps is to say "we're gonna be done in 4 hours" even if it's going to be 5, or 6. that's an important thing.

no offense to your post..but an item any item is a minor bug that yes is inconvinencing alot of people, but not major or game breaking in any case. it will get fixed, people will get them back when the bug is fixed.. no need for a soap box

And when it's not done in the time frame they tell you, there is a ton of rage and QQ. They won't know how long it takes to fix until it's fixed.

They'll probably lock this thread. Tons of threads have been locked in the last hour alone. They can't take the heat.

I agree with you, though. They just don't care.

Agreed...with the OP too. Bioware is just sloppy. Disorganized and so far out of their league running an MMO that it'd be funny if I didn't like the game.

Reading comprehension must not be your strong suit.

I am just responding to the person who comes with the "You signed the ToS so you cant complain about anything" response and that the ToS gives a company license to whatever they want.

Not once did I say anything about the patch violating consumer protection laws.

Not your strong suit either then. Re-read the ToS post.

Hello all,

We appreciate feedback, both positive and negative. However, we do ask that that feedback is constructive. This post goes into more detail about what we're looking for in feedback and how to make sure your feedback is constructive and helpful.

Feel free to continue this conversation in either of the following threads, and always remember that you can report any issue that you're having to us via the in-game Customer Service Portal or by typing /bug.

Matrix Cube GONE !!!

still cant RE all orange crafted gear!

With all that in mind, we're going to go ahead and close the thread. Thank you for understanding and helping us make sure that the forums are as constructive and helpful as possible!