PvP training area

whatthefett

warzones! :D

invest time, see results.

This. While a training area would be interesting, it would probably be time-consuming and inaccurate. The best way to teach somebody how to PVP is to throw them in at the deep end; they'll learn how to PVP (or they'll quit).

It would also be great if there were challenge based goals, like "not allowing a force power that is interruptible to be cast for 3 minutes" and you could earn medals or valor. There could be tiered goals to advance through as the player progresss. Cosmetic rewards would be cool too.

Examples:

Kill an opposing NPC in less than x seconds.

Interrupt for x minutes.

Close the gap. Get within melee range of the NPC.

Kite an NPC.

Keep an NPC from reaching a goal.

It would also be great if there were challenge based goals, like "not allowing a force power that is interruptible to be cast for 3 minutes" and you could earn medals or valor. There could be tiered goals to advance through as the player progresss. Cosmetic rewards would be cool too.

Examples:

Kill an opposing NPC in less than x seconds.

Interrupt for x minutes.

Close the gap. Get within melee range of the NPC.

Kite an NPC.

Keep an NPC from reaching a goal.

Now you are asking for PVP rewards without actually PVPing... I don't really think that many PVPers will like this suggestion. In my opinion, what we really need is more incentive for players to PVP (and more ways for them to pvp).

Edit : Also, let's say your idea was implemented as you described it, there would be many flaws.

1. As for "Killing an opposing NPC in less than x seconds", not all classes are DPS. Many people are healers and Tanks - neither of which are designed to kill other players in a short duration. Frankly, PVP is built on teamwork and a balance between DPS/Tanks/Healers.

2. If this is as you described (E.g. Stop NPC x from casting spell b for y minutes), I believe there are a few classes which do not have interrupts (Or certain classes have more than others).

3. Closing gaps... Getting within melee range... Now, there are certain classes which have multiple gap closers - others have none. For example, my Powertech has Grapple and jet charge (as well as electro-dart to "stun and run"), but my Sniper has no real gap closers. It's also worth noting that my Sniper doesn't really need a gap closer - it's a ranged DPS.

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. What you are asking for is unbalanced. While pvp is not always balanced, what you are asking for is by definition a PVE feature with PVP rewards. They could add in enough "Goals" to satisfy each class/role, but that would require an enormous amount of time and resources to develop (While actual PVP and PVE features are ignored...).

Edited by Wegabe_Awock

Now you are asking for PVP rewards without actually PVPing... I don't really think that many PVPers will like this suggestion. In my opinion, what we really need is more incentive for players to PVP (and more ways for them to pvp).

Edit : Also, let's say your idea was implemented as you described it, there would be many flaws.

1. As for "Killing an opposing NPC in less than x seconds", not all classes are DPS. Many people are healers and Tanks - neither of which are designed to kill other players in a short duration. Frankly, PVP is built on teamwork and a balance between DPS/Tanks/Healers.

2. If this is as you described (E.g. Stop NPC x from casting spell b for y minutes), I believe there are a few classes which do not have interrupts (Or certain classes have more than others).

3. Closing gaps... Getting within melee range... Now, there are certain classes which have multiple gap closers - others have none. For example, my Powertech has Grapple and jet charge (as well as electro-dart to "stun and run"), but my Sniper has no real gap closers. It's also worth noting that my Sniper doesn't really need a gap closer - it's a ranged DPS.

I could go on, but I think I've made my point. What you are asking for is unbalanced. While pvp is not always balanced, what you are asking for is by definition a PVE feature with PVP rewards. They could add in enough "Goals" to satisfy each class/role, but that would require an enormous amount of time and resources to develop (While actual PVP and PVE features are ignored...).

Just an idea to make a fun interesting game, not adhere to pvp elitism.