Playing 6 versus Winning 3

tombargo

So now we are supposed to play six WZ matches to finish our daily. That is great, so I can run in, get my first medal and then play with my left while reading a book or make a phone call. Never mind that the team is screwed and we lose, what do I care? I got my daily requirement.

The devs keep pointing out how much they want their players to play alts but then make changes which make that almost impossible. Assuming i have only 1 alt i am supposed to play 12 matches a day just to keep up with the daily?

I understand that a lot of players feel at a disadvantage in PVP, hate coming up against pre-mades and generally dislike losing. I very much doubt that making the daily requirements more undemanding is the correct response though. It just means the good players (many of which have alts - as intended) get annoyed and the more casual players still will lose and get frustrated. Just now the unambitious can frustrate everybody else in the process because losing is OK now. Down 1:0 at huttball? Yeah, whatever. I will just hang out for the rest of the match.

To find common ground between casuals and performance players the objective should be "WIN 3 WARZONES OR COMPLETE 6 WARZONES". This at least will give some incentive to try and win.

A bad day for the game.

EDIT PLS READ: Actually a win counts for 2 Warzones played. So there is an incentive to win and what I propose has already been implemented, sort of. Now it should be made more clear in the mission description, but other than that, ISSUE RESOLVED.

Edited by tombargo
Typo and new evidence

Yes you could go in and do the least effecient and longest possible way to get PvP gear while ignoring actually doing PvP if you want, and you could get maybe one piece of gear every couple weeks from sitting in a PvP zone doing nothing .. but why on Earth would anyone do that and how would it make any sense?

Why would anyone even grind for PvP gear if they are not planning on actually doing PvP when they are in PvP?

Great day for the game.

If you do that, what you're describing, you'll get ~ 30 tokens. As opposed to winning, which will be ~ 4 times that.

This doesn't hurt the PvPers that go to PvP no matter what, because they are there anyway - no matter what. It doesn't hurt the pre-mades, because they were already going to roll people for a few hours till they got bored.

What this DOES do, is make it easier for those going up against those pre-mades, or who are undergeared to have a shot at finishing the daily. Especially so on the smaller servers where all you hit is the pre-mades over and over, and sometimes go an hour or more without a win.

It also helps the Premade and other PvPers because if people aren't getting frustrated, they are more likely to queue up for Warzones. So maybe you wont see the same people every single match.

It isn't that hard to figure this change out. People wanted to finish their dailies but when you are looking at running 10+ matches in a night to get your 3 wins there were a lot of people that couldn't finish their dailies because they just ended up on bad teams. Now the only difference is if you can't win 3 matches you only have to attempt six. That way you should be able to finish it in a couple hours on a bad night where you just can't win and PvP is slow to pop.

Well, the daily doesn't give a lot anyway (The ranked WZ commendations are nice though), we are not in pre 1.2 anymore.

Winning / Playing 1 Warzone gives you more WZ commendations than the daily.

Winning / Playing 3 Warzones gives you more WZ commendations than the daily..

I still support the option of Win 3 OR Play 6!

Edited by TheNotorius

To find common ground between casuals and performance players the objective should be "WIN 3 WARZONES OR COMPLETE 6 WARZONES". This at least will give some incentive to try and win.

That is, in fact, what you have to do. Wins count for two.