Any chance of world pvp incentive?

colonelsiege

Was just wondering since the only source of rewarding pvp are warzones that get old after the 1000th+ time through them. It would be interesting to make Ilum or tatooine's free for all Outlaws Den actually worth fighting in.

-Receive commendations and valor for killing enemy players or securing the enemy base/field objectives on ilum.

-Maybe make an new set of armor/weapons exclusively earned through world pvp influence points by killing enemy players/securing objectives.

-Player kills on world have a chance of dropping pvp crafting materials, weapon/armor customization parts, the level of drops depending on the opponents valor rank.

-Unique titles for killing x number of people or capturing x amount of objectives.

In my opinion having played Warhammer Online, world pvp would be incredibly fun given the proper incentive to do so. Having 100+ people out on the field duking it out would be a nice change of pace from the daily *stand in fleet queue...repeat....* Just a few thoughts I came up with any of it sound interesting to anyone?

Edited by colonelsiege

Was just wondering since the only source of rewarding pvp are warzones that get old after the 1000th+ time through them. It would be interesting to make Ilum or tatooine's free for all Outlaws Den actually worth fighting in.

-Receive commendations and valor for killing enemy players or securing the enemy base/field objectives on ilum.

-Maybe make an new set of armor/weapons exclusively earned through world pvp influence points by killing enemy players/securing objectives.

-Player kills on world have a chance of dropping pvp crafting materials, weapon/armor customization parts, the level of drops depending on the opponents valor rank.

-Unique titles for killing x number of people or capturing x amount of objectives.

In my opinion having played Warhammer Online, world pvp would be incredibly fun given the proper incentive to do so. Having 100+ people out on the field duking it out would be a nice change of pace from the daily *stand in fleet queue...repeat....* Just a few thoughts I came up with any of it sound interesting to anyone?

If you require incentives to World PvP, then you don't actually care about World PvP.

Ok then say you take away valor/commendations for warzones. Then all the people that quit must not care for instanced pvp because there is no point in doing it. Or get rid of drops from dungeons, people that don't do them must not care about raiding then. You're point is more valid for a FPS than an MMORPG. People want rewards for playing the game and doing what they like. Edited by colonelsiege

I'd personally love to see objectives and reasons to have open world pvp. There are a lot of ideas and ways to have open world pvp mean something, and constant that could be implemented on Ilum. Saying "if you want incentives, you don't want pvp" is not helping a situation. You want open world PvP? GIVE people (not just PvPers) a reason to go out there. If there are no deer, the wolves starve - which is what's happening now.

Crafting nodes that are high end - would draw all the crafters and farmers out there hoping to make money. If they have a reason to go there, PvPers will go there to try to gank/kill them. Now those same crafters may need to bring "body guards" to assist them; and suddenly you have some big competition.

Objectives that matter - As an example DAoC had keeps (castles) in their pvp area that guilds could claim. This got guilds invested, and even bluebies would come out to help defend their property. SWtOR could have Outposts/Towers that guilds could claim, and would fly their guild emblem. This would help invest those guilds in the world, because they would "own" something. It would also form guild rivalries - friendly and not. Same faction guilds would hope to hold theirs the longest, defend theirs the best, etc; other realms guilds would constantly be trying to take other guilds. You get to know your opposition.

In DAoC you could only keep your keep as long as you had "Realm Points" that your guild received from it's members PvPing. Guild valor could be used the same way - you don't pvp, you run out of guild valor, and you can no longer keep your tower. Another guild will then claim it. Or, obviously if it's an enemy faction; they could just conquer it!

Graphics - Give people who PvP and defend an extra graphic, rather than letting them buy new uber gear. Like in Planet Side, they would get gold emblems on their gauntlets. Or maybe they could have a shoulder cord (like what the US Infantry wears on their class A uniform) - give it different colors and maybe a larger size. Stuff like that as they go up in valor rank. It helps get PvP away from gear as a symbol (which just makes the strong stronger, and keeps the weak down). Or maybe medals on their chest - like were frequently worn on SW uniforms.

DAoC did(and still does 10 years later) World PvP better than anyone.. I logged in last weekend on my RR 12 Eldritch, did /title and it brought up all of my characters stats from 2005-present....

overall kills, death blows, Albion players killed, Midgard players killed, towers taken, keeps taken, solo kills, relics taken, and much more.

My character current title in that game is "Master Assasin"....a title. only a handful of people have ever acheived...and it. makes you stand out amongst the crowd......so DAoC world pvp. was fun enough to play without incentives, however incentives are great when implemented correctly.

Point is World PvP does need to affect the endgame, like DAoC...if the Imps take all the Pubs bases they get x incentive etc...the one big possible problem with Swtor World PvP would be that there are only 2 factions....that 3 rd faction is the "equaliser" to a game with a population imbalance

Jalez, DAoC had incentives. ;) Some of them are/were very subtle though - others not so much.

Kill Spam - broadcast zone wide, who killed who. As such, you KNEW when there was an enemy in the area and you knew WHO that enemy was. The incentive to PvP - FAME

Realm Rank - The more you killed, the more RR you got, which lead to titles. People could tell by looking at you if you were a rookie or someone to be feared by your title. (SWtOR does this too). It also had another function later, they added Realm Points to it which you could use to buy abilities to your dps, crits, make you harder to CC, and allowing you to BREAK CC. The incentive - Fame and POWER

Claiming Keeps - Status symbols of your guild. The more powerful guilds that PvP'd constantly could hold them indefinitely as they generated plenty of realm points to pay for them, or at least till another guild was able to take them away. But it was always harder to take a more powerful guilds status symbol (they could keep theirs at a higher level). Incentive - ... you see where I'm going with this.

In addition, there was also more money AND xp from mobs in the frontier; so farming out there could be very advantageous; but very dangerous. Even more so if you were doing it near a keep owned by your guild or an allies guild. And don't forget relics and relic raids, those could be BIG incentives. ...

How about gear that is better than WH but that degrades with use untill it breaks and becomes grey sellable garbage and is crafted with resources from pvp areas.

This would boost the crafting economy.

This would give Pvp'ers something else to do.

This would premote world pvp in the area's where the resources drop.

This would create large open world pvp in controled area's for a purpose.

The items could be sold on the GTN to also boost interest in dailies and pve.

Edited by VoidJustice

My point was that DAoC was so much fun that you logged in to play and do PvP...you DIDNT log in to be like "oh I needx gear" so I gotta PvP like in SwtoR.

I played DAoC last weekend and in run through the New Frontiers I got more excited and adrenaline running then in 3 months of PvPing in SwtoR.

We really need a SWtoR dev to play DAoC for like 2 weeks str8............vet the basic concepts down then come an implement them in SWtoR.

Guild Wars 2 is copying ALOT of DAoC ....Swtor should too

My point was that DAoC was so much fun that you logged in to play and do PvP...you DIDNT log in to be like "oh I needx gear" so I gotta PvP like in SwtoR.

/golfclap

Have you noticed that there's like 2 other people that will pvp without an incentive?

Sure I pvp for no reason... but, no one else does.. .and it's hard to pvp by yourself.

Good luck having massive OWPVP with you and that other guy.

Otherwise, lets get some minor incentives to get people out in the field.

The Rakghoul event was a great start... lets get something more permanent like that.

Edited by VoidJustice

/golfclap

Have you noticed that there's like 2 other people that will pvp without an incentive?

Sure I pvp for no reason... but, no one else does.. .and it's hard to pvp by yourself.

Good luck having massive OWPVP with you and that other guy.

Otherwise, lets get some minor incentives to get people out in the field.

The Rakghoul event was a great start... lets get something more permanent like that.

What your missing is DAoC seem to have coped and taken Knight online one more step were you fight becase its fun and ranking instead off farming gear, have player ranking, guild ranking, class ranking, map ranking.

On ilium or map like that (pve server, pvp on all maps) you can press a key and will se top 10 rank player on Rep and on Imp side and that raking count from the player enter the map until he leave, and as he wrote spam were player got killed in chat, if you manage to get that ball rolling it will work much better then gear farming and then we will need expertise so the pve players can get new raids and gear but that gear will still not be good enugh against the pvp gear that is 3years old.

:(The rahgoul even was just that , a short event. We need a static endgame map where large and small scalle battles take place, where you and your guild log in every night and participate. Yes you get ranked just like in DAOC with Realm Ranks.

I played in the DAoC Frontiers for over 8 gears and ya know what?....it never once got boring and there was ALWAYS incentive to play. What you and your group/guild decide to do effects the endgame.....if you want to take an enemy factions relics you have to strategize...and then be ready for a Doomsday battle as Relics are fought over fiercely.

Again..the point is the World PvP HAS to affect everyone...PvE players included...in DAoC if your Realms Relics were under attack...a system realm wide ALERT would go out and everybody...even lowbies and pve players would come out to defend it...because losing them meant something

Edited by Jalez

If you require incentives to World PvP, then you don't actually care about World PvP.

Bull **edit**! I LOVE PVP! I LOVE open world PvP! But...I want to be rewarded for my time played the same as crafters and PvEers. I like to buy **edit** too. I like to mod my gear too. World PvP needs to be incentivized.

doesnt look like world pvp is going to happen any time soon.

I don't understand. It seems like the ENTIRE community is on the same page.. that something needs to be done.. added or w/e just something.. Be it DAoC or SWG type OWPVP with those types of rewards/incentives.. Whats the hold up?.. even if BioWare needs time to create it or implement it, why are they not at least interacting with the community so we can all design the best possible system to make SWTOR the MMO killer it was proclaimed and hoped to be.

Edited by prodigyqnz

I don't understand. It seems like the ENTIRE community is on the same page.. that something needs to be done.. added or w/e just something.. Be it DAoC or SWG type OWPVP with those types of rewards/incentives.. Whats the hold up?.. even if BioWare needs time to create it or implement it, why are they not at least interacting with the community so we can all design the best possible system to make SWTOR the MMO killer it was proclaimed and hoped to be.

I don't get it either. Honestly, at this point, I don't think they care. If the company you worked for did as much as they do to ignore customers, how long would you expect to be employed there?