SWTOR Is Dying

KalTorrak

Although most people knew this the fanboys are always in denial, but finally here is the solid proof.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/05/07/star-wars-the-old-republic-lost-400000-subscribers-since-february/

Lost 400,000 people since Feb, although like I said you can tell this easily by the ghost servers that are all out there, BW released this game way to early, way to buggy and just well the pvp seems to be not only bad but getting worse, release was more balanced than it is now, the game ran better also, patches seem to be wrecking the game more than they are fixing, and people are leaving or left, oh yeah also their customer service is amoung the worst I have ever experienced.

The free month was nice but was a very minor substitute for dishing out (I bought collectors) for how much money I've spent on this game and how bad (bugs, terrible performance, ability lag, fps etc etc could go on all day) it is.

Oh there was mention in another thread about AV type warzone etc, I was thinking this would probably be in at release but now I know why, the way this game is coded and designed (and the engine it uses) this will NEVER happen, the game just cannot handle it, you have to have such a high end machine to just get WARZONES running smoothly (even then some don't just this game also, no other games, JUST this one) people with these machines also were effected just as bad as others in Illum so unfortantly if you are hoping for something like this, might as well add to the number above and leave, as you are just paying money to wait and become dissapointed down the track.

Edited by KalTorrak

Although most people knew this the fanboys are always in denial, but finally here is the solid proof.

http://www.gametrailers.com/side-mission/2012/05/07/star-wars-the-old-republic-lost-400000-subscribers-since-february/

Lost 400,000 people since Feb, although like I said you can tell this easily by the ghost servers that are all out there, BW released this game way to early, way to buggy and just well the pvp seems to be not only bad but getting worse, release was more balanced than it is now, the game ran better also, patches seem to be wrecking the game more than they are fixing, and people are leaving or left, oh yeah also their customer service is amoung the worst I have ever experienced.

The free month was nice but was a very minor substitute for dishing out (I bought collectors) for how much money I've spent on this game and how bad (bugs, terrible performance, ability lag, fps etc etc could go on all day) it is.

Yeah, no. A brief explanation with no citation on the part of some 3rd party isn't proof. Even assuming it was, initial purchase to continued sub is always going to be significantly less.

Did you even read the article you linked? This surprises me, since it was only a few paragraphs long.

I'm no fanboy, I could not give less a **** which game I play if any, but you doomsayer types are just low-rent mouth breathers.

Nice analysis OP. It shows you clearly have no knowledge about this stuff. A decline in subs after the first few months happens in every MMO. Nothing to talk doom and gloom about.

You beat me to it, but you miss out sames goes to every new expansion/update set that mmo comes out with.

Nice analysis OP. It shows you clearly have no knowledge about this stuff. A decline in subs after the first few months happens in every MMO. Nothing to talk doom and gloom about.

Actually no it doesn't, only the ones that end up going free to play or dying a slow death, WoW was increasing for years and years. There was also another site showing no MMO has lost so many customers on such a fast rate over such a short time, go figure eh?

Yeah, no. A brief explanation with no citation on the part of some 3rd party isn't proof. Even assuming it was, initial purchase to continued sub is always going to be significantly less.

Did you even read the article you linked? This surprises me, since it was only a few paragraphs long.

I'm no fanboy, I could not give less a **** which game I play if any, but you doomsayer types are just low-rent mouth breathers.

You must be blind, I did read the article, do you even play the game? I've been in 3 guilds till March and they have all quit the game, I'm on to my 4th guild and it is slowly dying also! You don't even have to read the article (or the many other there saying the same thing) al you have to do is play the game to see this for yourself.

Edited by KalTorrak

Swtor is 300-400k above what they predicted they'd have at this point. The 400k sub loss is misleading, because EA was misleading about its 'subscriptions' it had during a conference call in March. They claimed the 1.7 million as active subscribers, when it was including people that hadn't paid a month yet. So though they generated good press at the time, it's now biting them in the *** in terms of making the losses appear more dramatic than they are. Edited by KyoMamoru

Rerolled.

270+ people on fleet.Sometimes two instances.

Often 100+ on planets.

I am fine for now.

Losing all the effort and time i invested in my old chars hurts tho.

Wont hurt so much with transfers. Glad I moved to fatman. Had legacy 32 but blah getting to 50 is nothig and not grindy.

You must be blind, I did read the article, do you even play the game? I've been in 3 guilds till March and they have all quit the game, I'm on to my 4th guild and it is slowly dying also! You don't even have to read the article (or the many other there saying the same thing) al you have to do is play the game to see this for yourself.

So your ******** subjective anecdotes are now your proof?

Spend less time sniffing your own stank and more time thinking about the world around you and what words mean.

Swtor is 300-400k above what they predicted they'd have at this point. The 400k sub loss is misleading, because EA was misleading about its 'subscriptions' it had during a conference call in March. They claimed the 1.7 million as active subscribers, when it was including people that hadn't paid a month yet. So though they generated good press at the time, it's now biting them in the *** in terms of making the losses appear more dramatic than they are.

I dunno I'd believe it, you see the severs? How many are near empty now? On the EU servers its like 1 pvp server and 1 pve get heavy now, all the rest are light, 1 or 2 are LUCKY to get to medium on some nights during peak hour but seriously 95% of servers are having severe issues which BW either A) Don't care about or B) Cant do anything about (since they are so backed up with other things they are TRYING to fix and either failing or appling and breaking other things)

They caved and created too many servers at launch, due to queues that were generated by everyone being off work/school for a week or two. Once they consolidate down to ~70 servers, things will be great for everyone. I just hope they aren't too proud to realize that's what is needed. Edited by KyoMamoru

So your ******** subjective anecdotes are now your proof?

Spend less time sniffing your own stank and more time thinking about the world around you and what words mean.

Subjective? Ok than answers my question which I asked, move along now :) If you cant grasp what I said why bother keep replying?

They caved and created too many servers at launch, due to queues that were generated by everyone being off work/school for a week or two. Once they consolidate down to ~70 servers, things will be great for everyone. I just hope they aren't too proud to realize that's what is needed.

I agree, at the moment its been denial and doing stuff that people are like scratching their heads at asking why, I really hope it gets fixed but tbh after waiting now 5 months I'm starting or have almost lost all hope, I only canceled my sub a few days ago and still got the rest of ths month and the free one to go, I doubt they will do anything by then or fix most of these problems but I'll keep hoping til the last day I'm playing, as I didn't buy the game obviously just to be whinging on here, I would MUCH rather be playing and enjoying the game, but if PVP balance is anything to go by they listen to whingers and logic is out the window.

Bah! I don't think it's dying, per se, but I do believe it's struggling. I'm no PvE'er but I am told there is practically no worthwhile end game PvE content.

I am a PvP'er and I can tell you first hand PvP is broken to the point that a more accurate descriptor for it would be CC vs Burst. No I'm not talking about certain classes being OP (I play a Marauder), I'm talking about CC so heavy that I've seen the game referred to as "CCWTOR". I'm talking about TTK (Time to Kill) so short that many players are dead in seconds. It's not fun.

SWTOR has a lot of hurdles to get over in a relatively short period of time. I hope they make it.

Edited by OpenSorce

Subjective? Ok than answers my question which I asked, move along now :) If you cant grasp what I said why bother keep replying?

First, "Ok than answers my questions which I asked" isn't a sentence to which I can possible respond. You are barely able to grasp the ability to communicate and you're suggesting that I can't grasp what it is you're trying to say? Do you think the two might be related? I really don't think you know what I meant by subjective anecdotes because you're dumb. That's far more likely.

The only question you've asked is "Do you even play the game?" which must be rhetorical, as I'm here and posting. Seems unlikely that I'd be doing so if I weren't a player of the game, hmm?

Bah! I don't think it's dying, per se, but I do believe it's struggling. I'm no PvE'er but I am told there is practically no worthwhile end game PvE content.

I am a PvP'er and I can tell you first hand PvP is broken to the point that a more accurate descriptor for it would be CC vs Burst. No I'm not talking about certain classes being OP (I play a Marauder), I'm talking about CC so heavy that I've seen the game referred to as "CCWTOR". I'm talking about TTK (Time to Kill) so short that many players are dead in seconds. It's not fun.

SWTOR has a lot of hurdles to get over in a relatively short period of time. I hope they make it.

Your a squishy marauder, if you want to live through focus fire you roll a tank. Don't expect to live through 8 player's damage with a single healer on you.

On the note with CC I can agree, to an extent. IMO it could be cut down a bit. At least add roots to CC immunity.

Oh there was mention in another thread about AV type warzone etc, I was thinking this would probably be in at release but now I know why, the way this game is coded and designed (and the engine it uses) this will NEVER happen, the game just cannot handle it, you have to have such a high end machine to just get WARZONES running smoothly (even then some don't just this game also, no other games, JUST this one) people with these machines also were effected just as bad as others in Illum so unfortantly if you are hoping for something like this, might as well add to the number above and leave, as you are just paying money to wait and become dissapointed down the track.

edited* was trolling thought your post didnt even deserve that.

Edited by falcon_Xtreme

Your a squishy marauder, if you want to live through focus fire you roll a tank. Don't expect to live through 8 player's damage with a single healer on you.

On the note with CC I can agree, to an extent. IMO it could be cut down a bit. At least add roots to CC immunity.

Actually, marauders and sentinels are the only ones who can actually survive focus fire of 8 people even though just briefly. ;)

Not talking about 8 players, I'm talking about whoever gets the opener usually wins. Although heals mitigate this quite a lot, focused healers who used to be able to stand their ground long enough to be moderately effective now find themselves dead as soon as 2 or more focus them.

On the note of adding roots to resolve immunity, I find it absurd that we should even have to discuss it. Roots are CC, if you have a system that grants CC immunity it should grant it to ALL CC, IMO.