Still Holding Strong

I'll try not to sound like a fan boy too much. I think this is a great game and I don't plan on going anywhere. I chose this game in the first place because of the story line, pick and choose your role. You just don't get that in allot of MMO's and I guess that's the main reason why I'm here. Server merge, no server merge, it doesnt make a difference to me. I'm not trying to blow smoke but keep up the good work Bioware. You still have a few loyal fans left in this game.

I'll try not to sound like a fan boy too much. I think this is a great game and I don't plan on going anywhere. I chose this game in the first place because of the story line, pick and choose your role. You just don't get that in allot of MMO's and I guess that's the main reason why I'm here. Server merge, no server merge, it doesnt make a difference to me. I'm not trying to blow smoke but keep up the good work Bioware. You still have a few loyal fans left in this game.

I'm not a fan, I am a customer as are you. Keep giving them feedback good or bad

yea theres like one of you still left on every server standing at the pvp terminal alone waiting for a Q

I don't even wait for warzone or people to play with me in the game. Seems like a waste of time sometimes. I just play the quests most of the time and if see somebody, it's a +.

Edited by William_Michaels

I stopped playing in January because I had more important matters to attend to. But I returned two weeks ago and have been playing everyday since!

I never disliked the game but I noticed a LOT of players is practically gone and I don't think they are coming back. That kinda takes the fun out of the game. But when serverchange becomes available I think the game is going to be more fun with more "serious" players online playing together.

yea theres like one of you still left on every server standing at the pvp terminal alone waiting for a Q

It really isnt hard to reroll on a populated server if you don't care for low pop servers....Five 50s atm two different servers some of us are still getting our moneys worth. The Fatman FTW! Douchebag rep gank squads to deal with too on tatooine lol.

Edited by vsalcedo

I'm not rolling anymore toons and grinding anymore, I'm done with that..... really so without a main to fund my lowbie or the legacy features such as the speed boost, I'd rather just quit playing.. After all I have already quit playing because all I do is wait around with 5 other poeple waiting for a uneven warzone to pop so we can get slaughtered and then go back to waiting another hour or so for another can.... Edited by DirtyDiggler

I'm not rolling anymore toons and grinding anymore, I'm done with that..... really so without a main to fund my lowbie or the legacy features such as the speed boost, I'd rather just quit playing

To each they're own my friend this game never feels like a grind to me :-) . Done most stories liht n dark with legacy I'm maxing my companions as well as my gear dailies don't feel like dailies. Guess some of us just enjoy the game for what it is.

I'm here for the haul as well. I'm really glad I decided to re-roll to a new server back at the beginning of March. The game has been totally different ever since. I've loved Star Wars since I was 4, and this game gave it to us in droves.

I've got so much left to do even on my 50 before I start focusing on an alternate character, but I will say I'm still VERY interested to see what this secret space project team is coming up with. Can't wait!

WTG forum troll keep not knowing the difference between BW and EA! Tough guy!

I'm not understanding why people keep saying this.

Bioware works for EA. Bioware soldout to EA. Bioware developed SWTOR. Bioware hide the game from the public. Bioware didn't hire or have REAL MMO players and fans on their staff like Blizzard did. Bioware is patching the game. Bioware is making the decisions on what goes in this game.

You can say otherwise but Bioware always says EA has nothing to do with their decisions so I can only take their word for it.

End of story.

The quality of Biowares games has declined after Mass Effect ever since they joined EA.

If you want to blame anyone, blame the owners of Bioware for signing up with EA.

They sold their soul for bigger checks, better cars and bigger houses.

EA had a bad reputation for a very long time, but the owners saw the money offer and ran with it.

I'm here for the long haul - however long that is :)

Also, thinning the herd of whining filth would be grand - I truly believe some people are obsessed with being online doomsayers 24/7.. coke and a smile perhaps?

:D

I'm planning to stick around too but only diehards can't admit there weren't huge mistakes made in the development stage and that's because the designers are out of touch with what players expect from MMOs today. Everquest understood it when they took the market from Ultima and Blizzard understood it when they stole it from Everquest. If Bioware hopes to take the crown from Blizzard then they needed to be in touch with current expectations and anyone that has leveled through the content sees huge errors that should have been avoided. The fact that some of the developers have experience in Ultima, SWG, Sims Online, and DAoC means little if they didn't learn anything from their mistakes in those games.

The best example I can think of for the total disregard for their playerbase's time is what happens at the end of every chapter of the game when players are summoned to the capital city to meet with their mentor. Penny Arcade summarizes what happens better than I could:

http://penny-arcade.com/2012/02/13/swtor3

That's only one example and I even understand why the writers thought it was a good idea but in the context of an MMO that has 1 minute load times between areas it is extremely frustrating. Add to that a useless GTN, a system seemingly designed to keep players as far apart as possible, and a lack of end game tools and you have a mess. I'm willing to wait it out because I love Star Wars but it's really sad that the design team screwed this up so bad. The sad truth is the game will never be anything close to what we all hoped because most players won't give it a 2nd chance and MMOs can only add features if they have a player base to support them.