Class balance issues

Anosa

I dont care what changes are made to *Balance* classes as long as it HAS NO IMPACT ON MY PVE Flashpoints and OPS.

I get so tired of the vocal minority complaining about class balance in WZs. If there is a weakness why doesnt your teams equivalent protect your weak players? I dont do WZs anymore cause the IMPS on my server only que as Juggs and Sorcs. There almost always 8 man guild teams and usually using Ventrillo or Mumble. There is no point to queing solo post lvl 50...

I agree. 10 chars.

this has nothing to do with trolling or learn to play. i have played guardian and juggarnaut as well. when i play those i literally rip through players... on my sorc when i play healer or dps. i get hit by guardians like a friking mack truck hit me. this has nothing to do with learning to play. there is a obvious class inbalance with melee vs ranged. and to the poster who said i need to learn to react to melee geting in my face. there is no way to do such... if i snare them, they break it. if i stun them, they break it or there armor holds up so much that i cant do much. and if i do get far enough out for once, they stun, root, or force leap to me. it makes this literally impossible to do such. its not just me either im seeing a on going trend of melee>ranged in dps and K/D ratio.

I will straight out say it, on my juggarnaut i am taking out players with 10+ more skill points then me and not just having close fights, im ripping through them like there armor is paper... and this isnt not because i know how to play that class better... its because the class has such strong abilitys... high mit armor, armor break, accuracy lowering, force leap, stuns, snares, and burst dps that cant be counterattacked. pretty much.. if a melee class gets in ur face and ur skills are on cooldown.... ur done..

Edited by Anosa

If you want a game with perfect 1v1 balance, find a game with only one class.

this isnt about 1vs1 pvp balance, its the fact that im seeing teams full of melee classes obliterating others.

Maybe im the only ones, but i have noticed a huge issue in PVP with warriors/knights.

Ive seen countless times where high geared characters who are inqusitors/consulars vs a warrior/knight will get obliterated. Its not even a close match. at the end of the matches the melee characters seem to averaging 80k or so more damage. I had a sentinal hit me for 6k through static barrier repeatedly tonight with sabar throw. Now im not highly geared but i have half my stuff either recruit or Battlemaster. Is this just something im noticing or is this a known issue? Now i may not be the best tor player, but i have 10 years of mmo experience and pvp and i do notice a farily noticable inbalance.

It seems to come down alot to the issue where the melee classes are having too many abilitys and burst damage. you get a melee character with focus/rage built up and they can out dps a ranged fairly quickly. Now i know the point is to kite them or keep them off you.. but they have too many abilitys that allow them to get up in ur face before u can react.

One major factor i believe is the time for ranged classes to cast compared to melee. A knight or warriors cast time for many abilitys is instance and will do fairly large damage... where a range for example... inqusitor, they have force lightning that takes a few seconds to cast and does a little more damage... over all the melees burst damage will destroy the ranged.

Would love to see the combat log of a 6K saber throw.

if logs are saved to a local file on the pc i will gladly show you them... i was getting hit 4-6k yesterday by sabar throw from a sent

Then the smuggler is doing it wrong. I almost never loose a duel as a smuggler. Only people I loose to are healers...especially commando healers because of the heavy armor

The classes right now are more balanced then they have ever been imo.

Crazy kids drinking too much soda pops.

Welcome to Sentinel Wars- reroll to the only class worth playing or enjoy being permanently handicapped.

Frankly, against the majority of players- a decent player might need the handicap to feel any sort of challenge.... or you can just roll marauder and enjoy the free wins.

The only complaint that I have is that, while Sentinels have the ability to dish out mass amounts of damage, they lack in abilities to free themselves from an onslaught of immobilizing, incapacitating, or stunning attacks.

So far with my Sentinel, I have one ability to break me of any attacks that slow or immobilize me.

Against ONE inquisitor, I may stand a chance.

Against more than one, I'm screwed, because the inquisitors have multiple attacks that either slow, or completely immobilize you. If you add in the bounty hunter's abilities to do the same, the sentinels are nerfed in that sense.

Sure I can dish out 1600-2000 damage with master strike or with blade storm, depending on my skill tree.

But a combo of multiple inquisitors or bounty hunters can stop me dead in my tracks and completely rock me.

That's the only unbalanced part to me, honestly.

If we had the ability to have our skill that breaks immobilizing abilities recharge faster in PVP Warzones, it'd at least make it easier to survive an onslaught of Sith Inquisitors.

Dispatch crit with adrenals/artifact... I do this... especially on those PVE geared folks that refuse to buy recruit gear.

Of course the people here calling for nerfs would think it's a saber throw, they bearly know how to play thier own class, let alone have any idea bout anyone elses.

Edited by VoidJustice

My sage destroys anybody stupid enough to get within 30m. Knights/Warriors are just as easy as any other class, unless they have a hidden buddy getting ready to take me down, it's no contest vs. any class, regardless of gear level. All my sage has is the recruit suite.

That's right this game is 8 vs 8 not 1 vs 1. Just because you get destroyed 1 vs. 1 should not get your panties in a knot because the minute you have 7 more like you against 7 more like them all the uber mutipliers kick in and its a different game.

It's 8 of you vs 8 of them! Different game and nothing to do with 1 vs 1 !!

:confused:

• 2 weeks later...

I want to know why the favortism for Imperials for mirror class characters?

Like they nerfed Project of the Sage that is slow animation yet the Sorcerer retains the instant cast Lightning.

Or that Sabotage Charge is still slower and leaves a trail then the Opretive version that is instant and no trail.

Clearly since launch the favortism has been ignored.

Edited by Metalmac

this isnt about 1vs1 pvp balance, its the fact that im seeing teams full of melee classes obliterating others.

Right...

You realise that of the four most (arguably, too) powerful classes at the moment two are ranged and two are melee? Gunslingers have pretty insane damage right now, but they have weaknesses that leave them balanced. Pyrotechs are insane without the Gunslingers' weaknesses and could possible be toned down slightly (balance by improving their other trees a little). Sentinels... yeah, I won't whip that horse but they need a survivability decrease so that they have weaknesses similar to 'slingers. Then there are Tank Assassins who do too much damage for their survivability (in this case it should be damage/utility that is toned down to be on a par with other tanks.)

Guardians/Juggs are actually a little on the weak side, if you can't run away or KB when they use Master Strike then you have bigger issues than them... melee classes are all harder to play than ranged classes, it is much more challenging to keep a target within 4m and LOS than to just kite away from them while shooting. If you are a ranged class and are being beaten repeatedly by any class other than a Sentinel then you just need to learn how to fight melee instead of just spamming tracer missiles or lightning.

In a game with ow-pvp it should never be acceptable to say the game isnt focused around 1 vs 1 balance. Granted that we don't have much ow-pvp going on in this game but they're basically saying don't venture out alone if you're of this or that class.

More on topic, the problem with BW is that they're not trying to balance classes. They're trying to balance class populations, and they're doing it but making one or two classes at a time FoTM. I guess they're hoping that people will stick to those classes even when they're not as great anymore.

Just take sages/sorcs as an example. It wasnt rare that there were 12 people playing these classes in every WZ......but did anyone look at the scoreboard? You had 2-3 of them in top five while the rest filled the bottom positions. The thing is that people only noticed the decent ones, hence all the OP complaints. So what did BW do? They added a patch that in it's mechanics resulted in that sorcs/sages became useless unless you know what you're doing. That instantly weeded out those 8 that sucked in every game prior to 1.2. Did they ever consider that people played the class because they liked it and while they accepted the fact that they werent that good prior to the patch it suddenly became totally unplayable to them.

Another thing, have you noticed how people always are defending the horrible changes with "a good player of X class can beat a player of Y class". This statement apparently applies to all classes. DOES NOT COMPUTE! So what happens if a great sorc goes up against a great mara? Or how about acknowledging that 98 % of all players utterly suck and we can't be balancing based on what those 5 great players on every server might be able to pull off, those 5 players are not representing the population.

Edited by MidichIorian

The game design have a major flaw. The classes that scale well against defense will be extremely overpowered compared to the ones that do not. The more and better equipment introduced in the game will make this even worse. Everyone complain about the mara/sent. Yes they are above average, but the right specced and equipped jugg/guard and shadow/assassin will be almost invinsible against bad scaled classes.

I have no idea why any game designer allow this.

Edited by finansjapp

I love this "It's not supposed to be balanced 1 v 1" jib.

If you can't balance 2 things, show me how you balance 16 things with the make-up of those things being random selections of 8 things.

Same old BS as WoW

"It's not balanced 1v1"

Was it balanced 2v2? No

Was it balanced 3v3? No

Was it balanced 5v5? No