Class balance issues

Anosa

Maybe im the only ones, but i have noticed a huge issue in PVP with warriors/knights.

Ive seen countless times where high geared characters who are inqusitors/consulars vs a warrior/knight will get obliterated. Its not even a close match. at the end of the matches the melee characters seem to averaging 80k or so more damage. I had a sentinal hit me for 6k through static barrier repeatedly tonight with sabar throw. Now im not highly geared but i have half my stuff either recruit or Battlemaster. Is this just something im noticing or is this a known issue? Now i may not be the best tor player, but i have 10 years of mmo experience and pvp and i do notice a farily noticable inbalance.

It seems to come down alot to the issue where the melee classes are having too many abilitys and burst damage. you get a melee character with focus/rage built up and they can out dps a ranged fairly quickly. Now i know the point is to kite them or keep them off you.. but they have too many abilitys that allow them to get up in ur face before u can react.

One major factor i believe is the time for ranged classes to cast compared to melee. A knight or warriors cast time for many abilitys is instance and will do fairly large damage... where a range for example... inqusitor, they have force lightning that takes a few seconds to cast and does a little more damage... over all the melees burst damage will destroy the ranged.

Edited by Anosa

Lol, light armor, no shield generator versus lightsaber... It's kinda obvious. Find a friend, don't venture out alone.

no.

classes should be balanced 1v1 and not get 2hit from mara/sents or wtv.

i.e I'm leveling a guardian with a smuggler friend, same gear same level, every duel I obliterate him.

no.

i.e I'm leveling a guardian with a smuggler friend, same gear same level, every duel I obliterate him.

Then the smuggler is doing it wrong. I almost never loose a duel as a smuggler. Only people I loose to are healers...especially commando healers because of the heavy armor

The classes right now are more balanced then they have ever been imo.

Maybe im the only ones, but i have noticed a huge issue in PVP with warriors/knights.

Ive seen countless times where high geared characters who are inqusitors/consulars vs a warrior/knight will get obliterated. Its not even a close match. at the end of the matches the melee characters seem to averaging 80k or so more damage. I had a sentinal hit me for 6k through static barrier repeatedly tonight with sabar throw. Now im not highly geared but i have half my stuff either recruit or Battlemaster. Is this just something im noticing or is this a known issue? Now i may not be the best tor player, but i have 10 years of mmo experience and pvp and i do notice a farily noticable inbalance.

It seems to come down alot to the issue where the melee classes are having too many abilitys and burst damage. you get a melee character with focus/rage built up and they can out dps a ranged fairly quickly. Now i know the point is to kite them or keep them off you.. but they have too many abilitys that allow them to get up in ur face before u can react.

One major factor i believe is the time for ranged classes to cast compared to melee. A knight or warriors cast time for many abilitys is instance and will do fairly large damage... where a range for example... inqusitor, they have force lightning that takes a few seconds to cast and does a little more damage... over all the melees burst damage will destroy the ranged.

This, you said it. If you can't react fast enough, well you shouldn't pvp.

no.

Stop trolling or post a link to where person got 2hit from mara/sent and died.

Game isn't balanced around 1v1, and definitely not for levels 1-49. Also you obliterating your friend is a learn to play issue for him.

Edited by romoragan

game is not getting balanced for 1 v 1 pvp and it shouldent be , its a group orientated game , that butt hurt damage your complaining about is pretty much essential to beat enrage timers on the harder flash points and ops ,

sorry i bet you dont want to hear that but its a mmo where grouping is being encouraged not pugging a warzone .

I dont care what changes are made to *Balance* classes as long as it HAS NO IMPACT ON MY PVE Flashpoints and OPS.

I get so tired of the vocal minority complaining about class balance in WZs. If there is a weakness why doesnt your teams equivalent protect your weak players? I dont do WZs anymore cause the IMPS on my server only que as Juggs and Sorcs. There almost always 8 man guild teams and usually using Ventrillo or Mumble. There is no point to queing solo post lvl 50...

Hey there, I'm all about bringing to light class imbalances as I PvP a lot and take it quite seriously. I also take PvE very, very seriously for that matter (but I never grief people, that's for sure).

I'm not sure what to make of the whole rauder/sent debacle at this time, because personally I still have grievances with the Powertech and Operative (hehe I know, I know). To be perfectly honest though, you may want to specify more on which classes your having issues with. Because, as it is, the Jedi Guardian is in no way, shape, or form over powered. In fact the Guardian is one of the weaker advanced classes, and has been since launch.

80,000 damage is quite low for level 50 warzones, even for melee classes. I typically do 100k or more each warzone with my Guardian who doesn't even have full BM gear. If you aren't accumulating as much damage as 80k per warzone as an SI, you really need to rethink either your strategy or your build. 80k as a SI at level 50 is, with all due respect, very poor. The Sith inquisitor has the advantage on most classes. Especially when you're geared out that shield he can throw up can soak up an *** ton of damage. I've had at least 5k be nullified by it time and again. I've seen Inquisitors score 300,000 damage and 250,000 healing done in a single warzone. Your lightning can crit for 2.5-3.0k each tick! Dang! As far as I'm aware, Sith Warriors/Jedi Knights only have one offensive gap closer: Force Leap. At level 50 they can learn a defensive leap which is only useable on allies. Though, this gap closer can be done twice in succession, but only as long as their force push isn't on cooldown (Force Push resets cooldown on Force Leap. and then goes onto a 60 sec cooldown if not specced out).

Edited by Maurdiib

Since all forms of pvp, except for the odd duel, in this game is based around 8v8, I can safely say that 1v1 balancing won't happen. If you are looking for 1v1 go play StarCraft or something, you are in the wrong genre let alone game.

no.

Well you're the more experienced duelist. Smugglers generally have no issue taking down Guardians.

I thought the same way when i started playing about Sith Sorcerers but then i learned how to play the game and today I always have a fighting chance against any opponent.

There's one Guardian in my Warzones that hits like an absolute truck. If I stand in a Master Strike (which I know I shouldn't be doing, but still!), I lose half my health as a Sniper.

They do seem a little strong and could use a little dial downwards.

I thought the same way when i started playing about Sith Sorcerers but then i learned how to play the game and today I always have a fighting chance against any opponent.

L2P, the best advice ever, no sarcasm. If a lot of whiners and QQers will just read/watch guides online and spend time learning how to play, they will have the same fighting chance against any opponent.

Roll a sentinel for PvP seriously. It's not about L2Play. It's about using the class that Bioware has buffed to ridiculous proportions. Sentinels will own anything in PvP, even in the hands of a mediocre player. I gave up on my scoundrel and rolled a sentinel. Much more fun-at least until they nerf it.

There's one Guardian in my Warzones that hits like an absolute truck. If I stand in a Master Strike (which I know I shouldn't be doing, but still!), I lose half my health as a Sniper.

They do seem a little strong and could use a little dial downwards.

That's because your a sniper. He's probably geared-out, but other than that, it should be like 100% obvious to you why you take so much damage from a Jedi Guardian.

The Jedi Guardian is one of the weaker (if not the weakest) classes in the game. They do not need any sort of a "little dial dowwards." In fact, they were already indirectly nerfed by the fact that the CD on sundering strike was increased to 5 seconds.

Would you like to know the story of a Sentinel/Marauder in huttball?

Force Leap -> Knockback -> Alt+tab down and browse the forums for 20 seconds

Force Leap -> Knockback -> Alt+tab down and browse the forums for 20 seconds

Force Leap -> Knockback into fire trap -> Respawn -> Alt+tab down and browse the forums for 20 seconds

Yeah, huttball blows for a Sentinel/Marauder.

Roll a sentinel for PvP seriously. It's not about L2Play. It's about using the class that Bioware has buffed to ridiculous proportions. Sentinels will own anything in PvP, even in the hands of a mediocre player. I gave up on my scoundrel and rolled a sentinel. Much more fun-at least until they nerf it.

Tell me what sentinel tree are you playing?

Stop trolling or post a link to where person got 2hit from mara/sent and died.

Game isn't balanced around 1v1, and definitely not for levels 1-49. Also you obliterating your friend is a learn to play issue for him.

Hes not trolling, the pvp in this game is horriblly imbalanced and will never be corrected. This is the sad truth.

Hes not trolling, the pvp in this game is horriblly imbalanced and will never be corrected. This is the sad truth.

Imbalanced and saying sent/mara 2hit someone w/out proof, are two different things.

Edited by romoragan

The only problem in wz are premade groups as mentioned before. I'm so sick of that. Remove group queuing for wz and markers or give us in-game voip. The current state is a disgrace there's no point in being heal skilled you get focused the crap out of you.

The only problem in wz are premade groups as mentioned before. I'm so sick of that. Remove group queuing for wz and markers or give us in-game voip. The current state is a disgrace there's no point in being heal skilled you get focused the crap out of you.

Ugh, this happens in every single MMO and it happens in pug groups too. Kill the healers, it's what smart players do.

To me you are just unable at pvping. Dedicate yourself to PvE.