A little question about accuracy

Rapid shots is a basic attack.

Unload and Rail Shot are special attacks.

Tracer Missile and Heat Seeker Missile are tech attacks.

The accuracy softcap is +10% (100% basic, 110% special and tech).

Thanks for the info seems i had too much accuracy stacked up 116% for special attacks. Can gladly put some more surge instead.

Yeah arsenal spec doesnt need that much accuracy. Best to switch those enhancements out for power/surge or crit/surge.

You only need about 98% accuracy for unload. Most of your other attacks go off of tech accuracy which should be around 110% anyway.

Yeah arsenal spec doesnt need that much accuracy. Best to switch those enhancements out for power/surge or crit/surge.

You only need about 98% accuracy for unload. Most of your other attacks go off of tech accuracy which should be around 110% anyway.

Default attack, Rail Shot and Unload all need accuracy.

I use Power Shot myself which can also miss, but I'm not Arsenal.

You won't see any misses from anything other than your default attack on a dummy because they are not fully functional.

On top of misses because of accuracy, champions and bosses have about 5% dodge chance which again, affects the above attacks but you can lower their dodge with accuracy over 100%.

I have a Toth/Zorn HM log which with 98% accuracy has me missing 1% and the bosses dodging another 5.53% for a loss of 76dps.

I use far more Rail Shots, Power Shots and Rapid Shots than any Arsenal in their right mind so this affects me more but my Rail Shots were missing 3.32% of the time with 98% accuracy and Rapid Shots were missing 13.1% of the time.

Edited by Gyronamics

That could be your off hand missing though which has a considerably less accuracy chance. The off hand does only a fraction of the damage which makes me wonder if a higher crit(surge) can compensate for missing with your off hand more Edited by KerriganGR

That could be your off hand missing though which has a considerably less accuracy chance. The off hand does only a fraction of the damage which makes me wonder if a higher crit(surge) can compensate for missing with your off hand more

i've noticed this as well, but certainly Rail Shot also misses quite a bit or I just happen to notice it more.

I'll check my logs.

** after checking logs **

seems rail shot rarely misses but is dodged sometimes.

Unload and Rapid Shots definitely miss about 25% due to offhand attacks

Edited by The_Duck