Where's the outcry coming from for Achievements?

Keeheen

I want to know where they are getting ideas for what is in demand because its obviously not here. This is the first mention of achievements I have seen. Does this get put above real space content? Because for me this is the least wanted thing I can think of in the game. Edited by Aurrelio

I think the issue would be more of how they prioritize this request over how much it is requested. Quite frankly I would imagine achievements is a very popular/high volume request. I myself would very much like to see a more robust and activity based achievement system. I have in fact also submitted requests for this via the suggestion box and I have had conversations with people in game that would also like to see this. That said, just b/c something is highly requested doesn't mean it has to be high priority as far as when it gets put in the game.

As I said, I would love to see this but I would much prefer that they fix the resolve system first. So, while I actually don't doubt achievemtns are probably highly requested, I could wait on those for them to work on some other things that I personally consider more important. So I'd say the better question is really how they determine that priority more than how many people are asking for achievements.

Edited by DiabloMuerto

There is no such thing as an achievement in a video game unless you are the one developing the game. It should be rename in all mmorpgs and games to waste of time. Edited by Knockerz

There is no such thing as an achievement in a video game unless you are the one developing the game. It should be rename in all mmorpgs and games to waste of time.

Well by that logic then why do you play games at all b/c that is essentially what all entertainment boils down to, an enjoyable way to waste your time. That's movies, theme parks, video games...for the most part it's all just about finding pleasant ways to waste time.

There is no such thing as an achievement in a video game unless you are the one developing the game. It should be rename in all mmorpgs and games to waste of time.

ROLF, that's a winning post.

Back to the topic tho, they're not putting in new achievements because the game is dying duh! But you guys must be the remaining few who will pay $15 a month for useless updates that lets you reroll a class with a new race or get that new uber awesome title for killing that easy mode boss.

Well by that logic then why do you play games at all b/c that is essentially what all entertainment boils down to, an enjoyable way to waste your time. That's movies, theme parks, video games...for the most part it's all just about finding pleasant ways to waste time.

Wait a minute, your telling me I'm paying $15 a month for a glorified time sink?

Codex already does track your achievements. Get a new title, added to the codex. Down an important boss, added to the codex. Explore some aspect of the game...

Added to the codex.

Still the codex has many bugs, hope they will fix them before adding new achievements to the game.

This isnt Xbox Live and I couldnt care less about achievements. While I've seen people suggest achievements as a fun complement I've never seen anyone list it as a reason to not play the game. Edited by MidichIorian

The only thing that worries me about the achievement comment was that they might try and make that an entirely separate feature rather than integrate it with the legacy system. Then we end up with a ton of wasted time on two poorly designed systems instead of one fairly fleshed out system just so BW can have two bullet points on the features list instead of one

This isnt Xbox Live and I couldnt care less about achievements. While I've seen people suggest achievements as a fun complement I've never seen anyone list it as a reason to not play the game.

i dont know but i can probably think of alot of things that arent achievements that would improve this game

maybe bioware should think about things to improve the game after the anouncement of how many subs were lost.and not pointless garbage like achievements

I have no problem with people wasting their time the way they see fit, but to call them achievements is an insult. The use of the word achievement in games is a company trying to cajole the player base into believing what they are doing is actually an achievement, which is not. Thus, players will be more incline to spend more time playing game and paying for their subscription if they believe it's an achievements even it's only subconsciously. It's like politicians using label words to incite a positive or negative reaction. For example, calling the Taliban freedom fighters during the soviet invasion and during the us led invasion calls them terrorist. Instead using a neutral word like insurgents, which is the correct term.

Edited by Knockerz

While achieves would be nice... There certainly has not been the demand for them on these forums that were suggested by the devs.

There are bigger fish to fry right now... Like getting the community together on less servers.

I'd love achievements in the game, helps show me where i am on at on certain things I enjoy doing. I like collecting mounts, pets, gold, etc.

I'd like to know stats about my character and other cool information.

It's about immersion and this is part of it, that sense of reward (even if the reward is just some flash on the screen, and a little emblem).

AWESOME THREAD!!!!!!!!

And you know what? I feel like im one of the only people in this forum HOLLERING ABOUT THE LACK OF ACHVS FOR THE CODEX.............ITS HORRIBLY SHALLOW......JUST FLAT OUT SUBSTANDARD.

Exactly how flippin hard is putting an indepth achievement codex in game? Warhammers was the best Ive seen, bar none. They had their collective sht together regarding that.

And people are always crying for more content, right? WHATS A QUICKER/EASIER WAY OF ADDING CONTENT THEN WORKING ON THE CODEX??!?!

The PVP CODEX is, to me, the best example of laziness in the developement process. There is approx 9 achvs in the pvp codex...........................NINE.......Thats it...........................

Cmon Bio...

I have no problem with people wasting their time the way they see fit, but to call them achievements is an insult. The use of the word achievement in games is a company trying to cajole the player base into believing what they are doing is actually an achievement, which is not. Thus, players will be more incline to spend more time playing game and paying for their subscription if they believe it's an achievements even it's only subconsciously. It's like politicians using label words to incite a positive or negative reaction. For example, calling the Taliban freedom fighters during the soviet invasion and during the us led invasion calls them terrorist. Instead using a neutral word like insurgents, which is the correct term.

Yeah I understood that to be your point on your original statement. I simply don't quite see the logic though, I don't want to get into a long type fest to explain why. I will simply say though, do you think anyone is actually subscribing to this game longer b/c they called them achievements and not wastes of time? Again, by your logic, why don't they call jobs, "Something I only do b/c I have bills to pay." There's no sinister plot behind the name achievements, that's a logical thing to call them. I'm sensing you're a very cynical person. :)