7 unable to vote kick 8th

Cerdo_hormiguero

It's an actual psychiatric illness to think everyone else is too dumb or otherwise wrong and that it can't ever be you.

The odds of seven random people all colluding to cause you problems is so low that it's not worth designing a system around preventing. I've already mentioned why the guild issue shouldn't be an actual issue if Biofail did the logical thing and separated queues, and if there were full 8 man groups you as a solo queuer would never get onto those teams so it wouldn't be a problem for you.

At most you'll probably have 3 or 4 morons in a warzone, but if you're just a normal person and not obnoxious that will usually be balanced out by 3 or 4 others that will speak on your behalf. I know I always tell people to knock it off if they are trying to abuse a new player or someone that's just undergeared or makes a simple mistake. At least on my server, all the better players just shrug and take an attitude of "sometimes these things happen" and move on. The only thing we will do is try and show people a way to prevent the same mistake from happening again, without being condescending about it.

Now me personally, I will usually leave if I see someone that I know is a ***** on my teams. But a lot of people complain about that too. You can't complain about people leaving and then also prevent people from booting a truly obnoxious person when an entire group doesn't want to play with them. You should still have to have basic civility in this game and if you can't do that why should people be forced to play with you?

No one is being forced to play with anyone else. If you choose to stay in the group with someone, then that is your choice, not BW or anyone else forcing you to stay in the group.

As far as people speaking up to defend someone, I find that rarely happens. The vast majority of people find it easier to either remain silent, or to join in the bashing. Very few people have the fortitude to against the grain, and risk being subjected to the same bashing, or worse.

They should change the system in such a way that if you have someone on ignore you dont get grouped with him (against him is of course fine).

This would prevent situations from the OP where it's someone known for being a douche. And I personally put the PVP Heroes on my ignore. Would be more fun to pvp in a nice athmosphere.

I actually like this idea, thumbs up!

Nor is it enough in mine. It would be too easy for someone to be vote-kicked for reasons other than being an "afker." This is especially true in PvP situations where players' emotions and attitudes run high.

This is why we need 8 man q's. So tired of one or two semi afk pugs. Spam healing themselves when no one Is attacking them. Staying stealthed doing the bare minimum to make sure we lose. No one will vote to kick good players even if they aren't in your guild. Or people that even follow directions and try to help. 7 should alway be able to vote the 8th out. Stop looking for hand outs and try.

It's an actual psychiatric illness to think everyone else is too dumb or otherwise wrong and that it can't ever be you.

The odds of seven random people all colluding to cause you problems is so low that it's not worth designing a system around preventing. I've already mentioned why the guild issue shouldn't be an actual issue if Biofail did the logical thing and separated queues, and if there were full 8 man groups you as a solo queuer would never get onto those teams so it wouldn't be a problem for you.

At most you'll probably have 3 or 4 morons in a warzone, but if you're just a normal person and not obnoxious that will usually be balanced out by 3 or 4 others that will speak on your behalf. I know I always tell people to knock it off if they are trying to abuse a new player or someone that's just undergeared or makes a simple mistake. At least on my server, all the better players just shrug and take an attitude of "sometimes these things happen" and move on. The only thing we will do is try and show people a way to prevent the same mistake from happening again, without being condescending about it.

Now me personally, I will usually leave if I see someone that I know is a ***** on my teams. But a lot of people complain about that too. You can't complain about people leaving and then also prevent people from booting a truly obnoxious person when an entire group doesn't want to play with them. You should still have to have basic civility in this game and if you can't do that why should people be forced to play with you?

In an internet community made up of anonymous identities, most of whom suffer from social disorders?

No, no it isn't. In fact I'd say it's quite the opposite of the real world. There's probably a greater chance of being surrounded by idiots/jerks on the internet than there is to not be.

No one is being forced to play with anyone else. If you choose to stay in the group with someone, then that is your choice, not BW or anyone else forcing you to stay in the group.

As far as people speaking up to defend someone, I find that rarely happens. The vast majority of people find it easier to either remain silent, or to join in the bashing. Very few people have the fortitude to against the grain, and risk being subjected to the same bashing, or worse.

this. QTF

It's a silly system. If a player is refusing to pull his weight, afks, never calls out, just rushes to a defending point to get some medals (But you don't want to leave him alone because he won't call out either so you are down a player entirely).

It's a bit frustrating you can't really remove this player from the game, and get somebody who actually wants to play.

Although what if this player is just afking the warzone but is not really afk?

For example, he's standing at a node tabbed out and he just tabs in and moves around a bit so he doesn't register as afk

He's ruining the warzone, yet he's not really afk therefore you can't vote kick him out.

This is not fair either...

They should change the system in such a way that if you have someone on ignore you dont get grouped with him (against him is of course fine).

This would prevent situations from the OP where it's someone known for being a douche. And I personally put the PVP Heroes on my ignore. Would be more fun to pvp in a nice athmosphere.

This is an awesome idea.

/everyone but my guild on ignore

And now we have 8 man queuing.

So if my playstyle/participation is to guard someone long enough to get my one medal then just do nothing the rest of the match but move my toon around enough not to get AFK kicked, that's cool with you?

No, but if majority votes could kick everyone; then what is stopping people in BM / Warhero gear from kicking people because they're "undergeared"?

I was kicked the other night and I do not know how. I was not afk, was moving around, guarding objectives and defeating players. I'm a shadow so moving is what we do. I was on my way back to the field from a rez when it happened and I have no idea how.