7 unable to vote kick 8th

Cerdo_hormiguero

In a Warzone, 7 of us were unable to vote kick the 8th teamate (a rampant, notorious afker and WZ griefer). We all issued the vote more than five times. And there were even a three minute lull in fighting where the guy was absolutely not in combat (it was Civil War and the enemies, losing badly, decided to give up and camp their 1 node; the guy stayed mid, right next to me, and did not hit a single enemy for three minutes while 7 others voted to kick him)..

Working as intended?

Has anyone ever seen a kick work?

I was under the impression it's an AFK kick, which means the person just needs to do something to prove he isn't afk in order to avoid the kick.

But I rather expect whatever said afk check is is easily faked. So quite possibly working as intended if he's simply reading a book and voting down the kick, or set up some sort of macro or holding down a button or something to auto avoid kick.

unless he was actually AFK , why would you think you could kick him ....just because you don't like the guy ? or he doesnt play to your standards / playstyle ?

I wasnt sure how the vote thing worked myself ( never seen it actually happen in-game ) but im pleased to hear its to boot afk players only! imagine how it could be abused if it was otherwise :rolleyes:

unless he was actually AFK , why would you think you could kick him ....just because you don't like the guy ? or he doesnt play to your standards / playstyle ?

I wasnt sure how the vote thing worked myself ( never seen it actually happen in-game ) but im pleased to hear its to boot afk players only! imagine how it could be abused if it was otherwise :rolleyes:

So 7/8 players wanting to kick someone for misbehavior is not enough of a majority in your opinion?

So 7/8 players wanting to kick someone for misbehavior is not enough of a majority in your opinion?
Nor is it enough in mine. It would be too easy for someone to be vote-kicked for reasons other than being an "afker." This is especially true in PvP situations where players' emotions and attitudes run high. Edited by HeavensAgent

Absolutely not. You should be reasonable and think it in 8th person's perspectives

Many people are jerks and they won't hesitate to vote kick anyone just to have their friend/ guiddie in the same wz. If you've played any FPS games with vote kick that's how it works. 4 guilddies join, they incite others to vote kick random guy using coercive language, and there are ALWAYS some idiots who follow that instruction, in the end getting himself kicked.

Current VK system is perfect. In fact, 99 ppl shouldn't be allowed to vote kick 100th guy just because they don't like his gear/playstyle as long as he is participating.

just because they don't like his gear/playstyle as long as he is participating.

So if my playstyle/participation is to guard someone long enough to get my one medal then just do nothing the rest of the match but move my toon around enough not to get AFK kicked, that's cool with you?

Edited by oPURT

So if my playstyle/participation is to guard someone long enough to get my one medal then just do nothing the rest of the match but move my toon around enough not to get AFK kicked, that's cool with you?

If you are actively trying to accomplish the goals of the WZ, and might simply be undergeared or not as skilled at PVP as the rest of your team, should those other 7 people have the right to remove you. The system may not be perfect, but that is probably the best way to prevent abusive use of kicks.

The votekick that wow is using where you can kick everyone you dont like is horrible, because misbehaivor is nothing you can judge - someone might just not know it better, might be not so good or does join without full gear due beeing a casual etc.

Why should people now be allowed to kick him? Thats just rude and if this doesnt work at Tor, then I am very happy.

Beeing the majority does not always mean you are right, lots of people claim Tor is bad - they are also wrong.

I was under the impression it's an AFK kick, which means the person just needs to do something to prove he isn't afk in order to avoid the kick.

But I rather expect whatever said afk check is is easily faked. So quite possibly working as intended if he's simply reading a book and voting down the kick, or set up some sort of macro or holding down a button or something to auto avoid kick.

autoclickers and scripts are easy to set up, its quite sad

Democracy in video games is dumb. I can't count the number of times I've been kicked for no reason or no real reason in games with votekicks like Left4Dead.

The anonymous and consequence free style of voting just leads to 90% of people being voting trolls. Often voting "yes" just because a vote pops up.

Edited by ISDEnterprise

If you are so obnoxious that the entire team wants to get rid of you, then I don't think it's them, I think it's you.

As for the guild issue, that is resolved by separating the premade and solo queues, which should be done anyway, and allowing full 8 man groups to queue.

No but sense the V/K system has no way of knowing if a person is getting kicked for doing nothing but running in a circle or that others just want their buddy in the same game with them, it has to be made to only kick AFKers or it would be abused. Sadly, they have yet to come up with a computer that can make it's own judgement calls ...

The votekick that wow is using where you can kick everyone you dont like is horrible, because misbehaivor is nothing you can judge - someone might just not know it better, might be not so good or does join without full gear due beeing a casual etc.

Why should people now be allowed to kick him? Thats just rude and if this doesnt work at Tor, then I am very happy.

Beeing the majority does not always mean you are right, lots of people claim Tor is bad - they are also wrong.

First this is not true. In a WoW LFD group there are rules implemented for vote kicks:

1. You cannot kick someone in the first 15 minutes of a group.

2. You can only kick a maximum of 2 people, then you are "stuck" with whoever you get.

3. No kicks during combat or for a while after combat ends (so you get to roll on anything that drops)

4. Majority vote.

In WoW BGs if you send AFK notices, then the person has to participate (move, fight, get hit, etc>) There is no vote kick like in LFD/LFR in WoW PvP.

No vote kick system is perfect, but the current system in SWTOR is pretty much usless. About the only type of person it will work against is someone not smart enough to push a key every three minutes, or automate a key press every three minutes (which is trivial btw).

P.S. Come to think of it I have seen a number of people in the "not smart enough to push a key category" so perhaps the SWTOR WZ AFK notices have some utility after all :p

P.S.S. There are iLevel gear requirements for each level of Dungeon/Raid. True, you can use PvP gear and you many not enchant/gem gear, but you must meet the minimum gear requirements to even queue for a Dungeon/Raid.

Edited by Erasimus

In a Warzone, 7 of us were unable to vote kick the 8th teamate (a rampant, notorious afker and WZ griefer). We all issued the vote more than five times. And there were even a three minute lull in fighting where the guy was absolutely not in combat (it was Civil War and the enemies, losing badly, decided to give up and camp their 1 node; the guy stayed mid, right next to me, and did not hit a single enemy for three minutes while 7 others voted to kick him)..

Working as intended?

Has anyone ever seen a kick work?

Yes, working as intended. Imagine your in a WZ with say a premade and decide even before the match starts that you suck/your gear sucks/whatever it maybe and they decide to vote kick you, do you consider that fair? Or what if they decie they just dont like your name and kick you? Is that fair. Nope. This isnt WoW.

If you are so obnoxious that the entire team wants to get rid of you, then I don't think it's them, I think it's you.

As for the guild issue, that is resolved by separating the premade and solo queues, which should be done anyway, and allowing full 8 man groups to queue.

Once again, it may not be that person number 8 is so obnoxious that the entire team wants to get rid of him. It may be that person number 8 is undergeared, lesser skilled, unfamiliar with the particular WZ or simply not doing what some others on the team want him/her to do. No, not doing what you want me to do does NOT make me obnoxious, nor does it give you and 6 others the right to remove me. If you do not wish to group with me in WZ's, you have the option to leave. Removing me against my will is not one of your options, nor should it be.

calling someone an afker doesnt really prove anything to me.

ive had people try to kick me several times while i was the only one bothering to guard the only base we had.

if you couldnt kick him then it proves he was indeed not afking.

some people lack the intelligence to know the difference between being useless and doing what youre supposed to be doing.

examples:

--just because you run around killing all game doesnt mean youre helping to win...

--just because you stand at a base all game doesnt mean you arent doing anything...

on the other hand:

--if while youre runing around killing youre also healing or taking objectives then youre helping

--if you run behind a gun turret in alderaan civil war and hide there all game doing nothing...or drop just outside the spawn area and hide... then you are indeed not helping.

Edited by Anathar

there are so many reasons this would be biased and completely untrue.

people accusee me of being obnoxious all the time..

--i try to give them strats and options and help organize an attack..they get mad and say how they dont like that im "barking orders".

--i try to guard the one base we own while everyone else keeps rushing a base thats well guarded... instead of taking the other one..i get called "afk".

--i try to keep everyone else on the team focused and in the game while they wanna troll and help their guildmates on the other faction win..i get called "obnoxious" because im "upsetting them". because "dude its just a game"...

etc etc etc etc etc...the problem in any of those situations is indeed NOT me. everyone else in the game is just too dumb and self absorbed to understand or admit why theyre wrong.

Edited by Anathar

Another reason not to group with random people.

these people being random has nothing to do with it.

these people being douches has everything to do with it.

if you cant show some character and do whats expected of you around complete strangers then theres no reason to think youd do any better in a preformed group either.

Edited by Anathar

there are so many reasons this would be biased and completely untrue.

people accusee me of being obnoxious all the time..

--i try to give them strats and options and help organize an attack..they get mad and say how they dont like that im "barking orders".

--i try to guard the one base we own while everyone else keeps rushing a base thats well guarded... instead of taking the other one..i get called "afk".

--i try to keep everyone else on the team focused and in the game while they wanna troll and help their guildmates on the other faction win..i get called "obnoxious" because im "upsetting them". because "dude its just a game"...

etc etc etc etc etc...the problem in any of those situations is indeed NOT me. everyone else in the game is just too dumb and self absorbed to understand or admit why theyre wrong.

It's an actual psychiatric illness to think everyone else is too dumb or otherwise wrong and that it can't ever be you.

The odds of seven random people all colluding to cause you problems is so low that it's not worth designing a system around preventing. I've already mentioned why the guild issue shouldn't be an actual issue if Biofail did the logical thing and separated queues, and if there were full 8 man groups you as a solo queuer would never get onto those teams so it wouldn't be a problem for you.

At most you'll probably have 3 or 4 morons in a warzone, but if you're just a normal person and not obnoxious that will usually be balanced out by 3 or 4 others that will speak on your behalf. I know I always tell people to knock it off if they are trying to abuse a new player or someone that's just undergeared or makes a simple mistake. At least on my server, all the better players just shrug and take an attitude of "sometimes these things happen" and move on. The only thing we will do is try and show people a way to prevent the same mistake from happening again, without being condescending about it.

Now me personally, I will usually leave if I see someone that I know is a ***** on my teams. But a lot of people complain about that too. You can't complain about people leaving and then also prevent people from booting a truly obnoxious person when an entire group doesn't want to play with them. You should still have to have basic civility in this game and if you can't do that why should people be forced to play with you?

They should change the system in such a way that if you have someone on ignore you dont get grouped with him (against him is of course fine).

This would prevent situations from the OP where it's someone known for being a douche. And I personally put the PVP Heroes on my ignore. Would be more fun to pvp in a nice athmosphere.