Are the servers broken?

chronykle

I was wondering if the servers were broken because when I am on a planet I might see 7 people on that planet. Now if you do the math and give say +100 for the fleet you might have 150 people on an entire server. With EA releasing the numbers and having 1.3 million subscribers something does not seem right? Cause if you figure with all the servers added up with 150 on each server lets just say that there are 5000 people total and that is being generous for all the servers? Are the servers broken up into channels? If so are the servers broken because they are putting to little people on each channel on each server? I hope it makes sense because I would hate to see that the game fall apart because they think that there are plenty of people in each channel and they dont see why there is such a problem?

I was wondering if the servers were broken because when I am on a planet I might see 7 people on that planet. Now if you do the math and give say +100 for the fleet you might have 150 people on an entire server. With EA releasing the numbers and having 1.3 million subscribers something does not seem right? Cause if you figure with all the servers added up with 150 on each server lets just say that there are 5000 people total and that is being generous for all the servers? Are the servers broken up into channels? If so are the servers broken because they are putting to little people on each channel on each server? I hope it makes sense because I would hate to see that the game fall apart because they think that there are plenty of people in each channel and they dont see why there is such a problem?

even if we follow all of the assumptions in your calculation, you still neglect the fact that the 150 people you say at any time on a server are not the same 150 you see at a different time on the same day. sure, a single best buy store might only have 30-40 customers in it at a time, and each of them might only buy 1 item, but that doesn't mean that store only sold 30 things that day.

True well lets be extremely generous and say that it all added up to 50,000 people. That is still a far cry from 1.3 million. And yes my numbers were full of assumptions but I remember in the beginning that they were seperating us into seperate channels and I was wondering if there might be a problem with that because I dont think I have ever even come close to experiencing 200 people on the fleet and that was at launch. Something doesnt seem right with their systems.........