Guss Tuno: best companion for high-level gunslinger?

Dracunculus

As a side note, it's interesting to me to see people using the word "mob" to mean "a single enemy." In the early MMO days, you used "mob" to mean the whole group that would aggro if any one enemy was attacked.

What word do you guys use for the group, if you're using "mob" for just one baddie?

Sorry, but mob has referred to a single monster since the MMO stone age (MUDs). 'Mob' is short for mobile or a single mobile monster. That is why you would fight many mobs.

Sorry, but mob has referred to a single monster since the MMO stone age (MUDs). 'Mob' is short for mobile or a single mobile monster. That is why you would fight many mobs.

Huh, Wikipedia agrees with you. Well, you learn something new every day. I admit my first MMO was not WoW but City of Heroes, and it's quite possible that the players I chatted with regularly there used the word in a non-standard way.

It does seem to me more useful to have a word for the whole crowd. "Crowd" works fine, I guess.

I used Akaavi since I got her. After I geared her in full assault trooper lvl 40 PvP gear, she wiped floor with mobs not that slower than my Scrapper. It's a lot of explosions and knockbacks for our duo, which makes killing mobs generally fun.

I. Love. Guss. Corso was my go-to guy until I got him, but now I'm nigh unstoppable. Corso is great for pulling aggro, but every class needs a healer, especially a not-so-mobile semi-squishy DPS. He's also as crazy and adorable as Corso.

I used Corso until Nar Shaddaa, then I quickly tried the Wookiee, but he seemed to die even faster, so I switched back to Corso.

But when I got Risha, I kept her all the way to the end. Sure she dies alot, sure I take some damage, but damn the damage we do!!

I never used Guss (mainly because my guildies said he was bloody annoying), and never used Akaavi either.

Now after a week of flashpoints, both Risha and Guss have near full Columi gear, so I might be tempted to use Guss once a while.

But the way I see it:

With Risha, we kill things much much faster, and I lose only a few seconds healing myself, then on to the speeder to the next mob and Risha is full health when I leave the speeder.

With Guss, it's slower kills, but I don't have to heal up.

I'll take the fun damage way every time

• 2 years later...

I fixed Gus's stats with a higher Power rating and it made all the difference in his healing abilities. I am a Gunslinger and was struggling with Akaavi Speer as my tank. (We are married now and maybe she is just not into it anymore?) :p I tested the changes I made to Gus on a boss that kept killing me and after boosting up Gus with Power stats , it was a breeze. I still had 80% health. I also added more Power stats to my Gunslinger and maybe it is making his blaster shots more powerful too. I went with "Artful" mod to get the Endurance, Cunning and Power.

Level 52 Smuggler now, and maybe I will figure this game out sometime. Thanks for the helpful posts.

Heal + DPS = Easy Mode, basically Un-lose-able.

DPS + Tank = Dunk bosses but have a hard time with Silver enemies.

DPS + DPS = Wipe out all normal encounters easily but have a hard time with Gold enemies.

That's basically the jist of it.

• 1 month later...

PS: He's also the funniest companion you can have. I love the part where he screams "I'll heal you with my jedi powers".....then throws a med pack at you. :confused:

Heheh oh man how much I like this douche. Him and Jaesa are only NPC characters that have character. Rest of em explore different ways of producing " meh?" " ehhh" and " uh whatever" in me.

Well okay. Khem is cool too.

Rest of them blow.

Heheh oh man how much I like this douche. Him and Jaesa are only NPC characters that have character. Rest of em explore different ways of producing " meh?" " ehhh" and " uh whatever" in me.

Well okay. Khem is cool too.

Rest of them blow.

Well, yesterday evening, Tharan Cedrax placed his final shot on that Tatooine kingpin (Bounty Hunt Event) me and a friend were battling - followed by an satisfied "they never expect the Scientist."