Damage Numbers

Fionah

When I am damaging a mob 3 different color numbers show on the screen. Am I correct in assuming that the white number represents my base damage, the yellow represents my crit damage and the grey represents the damage from my crew?

Thanks

When I am damaging a mob 3 different color numbers show on the screen. Am I correct in assuming that the white number represents my base damage, the yellow represents my crit damage and the grey represents the damage from my crew?

Thanks

White damage is from the attack types Melee and Ranged while yellow damage is from the types Force and Tech.

Basically yellow damage means it's damaged that can't be blocked, parried, shielded or dodged. Yellow damage can however be resisted, although this doesn't happen a lot. If it helps, consider white damage as physical damage and yellow damage as spell damage (although this doesn't apply entirely of course).

It's probably best if you did some research into attack types and damage types to make it less confusing, because I know the game does a poor job of explaining these mechanics. xD

Oh and yes, grey damage is the damage from your companion. :)

Edited by Y-Yorle

Thanks

FYI

Critical damage is in a larger font of the same color, not a different color.

Small fonts are DOTs or HOTs

Gray is companion damage

Green is healing

Yellow is tech damage

White is weapon damage

Edited by Owsley

Thank you for the replies :) It gives me a better understanding of the game though I never noticed the font sizes being larger or smaller to distinguish the crits and such :rolleyes: Guess I better pay better attention :o