DEVS - Shows us that you hear us.

Tyraeston

TLDR; DEVs, show us that you have read the forums over the weekend and that you hear our plea about our concern for the game. Please step up and address the issues.

Over the weekend, I spent a lot of time looking for HM FP’s, (50 Vanguard, 90% Columi Gear) and while waiting I ran some PVP (had a full group of 8 a few times..woot!!), made some alts (I think it is very different on the Dark Side ) and nearly mastered two crafting crew skills and the associated gathering skills. (Where are those schematics?)

Finally on Sunday evening, I found two other lonely players (2 DPS) and ran a FP on HM with my healer companion (Finally, something to do with all those Tionese crystals). And you know what? We didn’t wipe, killed all the bosses, and got some Columi gear for the new level 50 DPS in the group but more importantly, WE HAD FUN.

And that’s all we want. To unwind, feel the rush of a challenge and to interact with others in a Star Wars setting. But you can’t do that with a population that is fleeing. But why is the population so low?

Well, while I was doing all the other stuff (dual monitor FTW) in game, I also read the forums and my jaw dropped:eek:.

Subjects like …Empty promises, server dead, can’t find a group, cancelled subscriptions, game is DEAD, lack of detail for 1.3 and beyond, bored..Most of these topics only had 10-20 replies but each of them had 100’s of views.

Wow...it just wasn’t me this weekend, others are feeling it too.

I don’t want to talk about the whys or how but I do want one thing.

DEVs – Yes, I see that you do and want to listen to your gaming community, you have weekly Q&A, free game time, developer videos but this question transcends all that.

Do you HEAR us and do you UNDERSTAND what is being said and the IMPACT it has on the community and ultimately the success of this game?

Most of us know the broad definition of “soon”, what is realistic and what is just a dream (Appearance tab…sorry had to plug that one):cool:

SWTOR doesn’t have the luxury to dream, it should be fighting for its survival.

Please take a moment and just scan the forums, get a sense of the community without a “focused” Q&A and address our concerns.

Respectfully,

Concern Galactic Citizen.

They don't need to. Things are going great at Bioware...they've seen no decline in subscriptions, just a "change" in "concurrent" players....but that's no big deal. What they're doing works according to them. Edited by TUXs

They don't need to. Things are going great at Bioware...they've seen no decline in subscriptions, just a "change" in "concurrent" players....but that's no big deal. What they're doing works according to them.

:rolleyes:

Yeah, because they haven't already said that they're making a LFG tool.... they haven't already said that they're about to roll out server transfers.... etc.

And on top of that, even with a lack of cancelled subs, they're still giving out free months, free pets, free weeks of play, etc all to get people playing again.

I swear, it's like half the board bashes their selves over the head with a hammer before posting anything here any more. People bash without any rhyme, reason or merit whatsoever....

Also....

Please take a moment and just scan the forums, get a sense of the community without a “focused” Q&A and address our concerns.

Because the less than 1% that post here and whine about EVERYTHING should be the ones dictating what changes in the game? If anything, Bioware should ignore this board completely.

Edited by Galbatorrix

Yeah, because they haven't already said that they're making a LFG tool.... they haven't already said that they're about to roll out server transfers.... etc.
I was just stating what they claimed last week.

They've said a lot of things were "coming", including the ability to use emotes while on a vehicle from Jan 4ths patch notes, ranked WZ's before 1.3, and they said they fixed the sound 2 weeks ago.

Well I guess that means they hear us! Exactly what would people like - A Bioware rep knocking on their front door with an embossed letter detailing every line of code they wrote that day? You know, the more manpower they spend looking at forums and "addressing" concerns means less time they spend actually fixing the concerns.

BJ

:rolleyes:

How much would you bet that a same server lfg tool will be almost as unused as the current lfg system? yeah even after transfers a same server lfg tool will not fix the problem that caused all of these servers to die in the first place.

So you want the developers to get no time off? You want them to browse the forums on the WEEKEND where they can actually have a couple days of rest and spend time with their families?

You would rather have devs browse the forums instead of coding?

Also, please stop blaming devs everybody. They cannot address issue X until it is approved by their superiors.

Devs do what they are told to do.

Edited by Nighthawked

So you want the developers to get no time off? You want them to browse the forums on the WEEKEND where they can actually have a couple days of rest and spend time with their families?

You would rather have devs browse the forums instead of coding?

Also, please stop blaming devs everybody. They cannot address issue X until it is approved by their superiors.

Devs do what they are told to do.

Those slave drivers over in the GW2 forums seem to be pulling it off. So are those Nazi supervisors over in the D3 forums.

DEVS - Show us that you're smart; Avoid the forums and advice given here.

Seriously, the people whining here are a tiny minority of players, and they are the ones that are the hardest to keep happy. Bioware would do better to completely ignore the whining on the forums, and silently rejoice when someone unsubs because there aren't player houses or guild vs. guild arenas or a Skyrim-esque character creator.

Ignore the e-sport players. They're fickle anyway, and cannot be satisfied to the point that they will stop complaining.

Ignore the sandbox/open world whiners. The game will never be a sandbox game. It cannot be a sandbox game. That has been clear for years leading up to release.

Ignore the world-first/race-to-50 players. They will always want more content but will race through it at a pace that would never justify its creation.

While its nice to have money from all these people, none of them are reliable customers, and all of them demand features that decrease enjoyment for more people than they please. The best thing to do is simply ignore them and provide them a forum where they can whine.

• Dev Post

Everyone - we're always reading the forums and gathering your feedback on issues that are important to you. Though we can't respond immediately to every issue (and sometimes it does take some time before we have information on a topic), we're always escalating new bugs or problems and working on getting responses to the topics that are important to you.

We strongly encourage you to keep an eye on the dev tracker and to make sure that you're always reading our community blog to keep on top of our latest communications. Don't forget to ask any question you have in our weekly Q&A as well - again, though we can't always answer every question, we're always reading your feedback and working on getting more information for you.