Dear BioWare; FIX the Raid Frame in WZ's

Pistols

Seriously, this has been an issue for way too long. All party members should show in the raid frame, just like they do in PvE raids. Nearly 5 months into the game, and not a single competent coder can fix this? How embarrassing for your team.

UPDATED.

Patch notes from 6-13 via PTS:

PvP

Warzones

• Players no longer receive Warzone invitations while they already have a Warzone invitation pending.

An issue that could prevent a team member from properly appearing as a member of the Warzone group has been corrected.

• The tooltip on the Queue Group Ranked button now more clearly indicates that you must queue with a full 8-player group.

• The column for Ranked Rating no longer appears in normal Warzones if they player is queued for a Ranked Warzone while participating in a normal Warzone.

Edited by Pistols

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh no! TOR is broke because of this! Fix it NOW! Forget everything else, I expect EVERY team member (even the custodians!) to drop everything they are doing and work on this NOW!

It is indeed game breaking and I'm sure if this issue were present in PvE raids, many would be asking for a fix as well. With rated WZ's around the corner, I don't find this request absurd, let alone a "whine QQ" thread. Regardless of rateds or not, this is a broken mechanic that should be addressed ASAP.

Thank you for your dolt'ish reply however.

Edited by Pistols

The frames work right? Is this directly preventing you from playing the game? No?

Right.

Really, kid? If a Tank/healer doesn't show up in the raid frames then it's seriously detrimental to a team.

You may not PVP but not all of us are carebear Roleplayers.

The frames work right? Is this directly preventing you from playing the game? No?

Right.

No need to insult. Not my problem if you cant see the obvious sarcasm.

The raid frame is not working as intended. Is this preventing me from playing the game? Not at all. But if I am unable to fire off my specials, but am still able to load into the game, does this mean I shouldn't request a fix? Stop with your terrible replies, I can wreck you all day long if you wish.

Edited by Pistols

I realize the bug is not Healer specific, but it certainly makes a case for the notion that Bioware needs some more of their Devs and Testers to be Dedicated Healers. 5 months in, this should not still be broken.

I realize the bug is not Healer specific, but it certainly makes a case for the notion that Bioware needs some more of their Devs and Testers to be Dedicated Healers. 5 months in, this should not still be broken.

Agreed, hope a fix comes soon.

I received a PM from Amber Green, "Live Community Coordinator", and was glad someone took the time to get some information on the issue. I will copy/paste her questions below, so others can perhaps give some more details on the situation. Sadly, it's just random for me, maybe others can chime in...

We understand thoroughly what you're reporting. However this does not happen to every Warzone. Nor does it seem to be exclusively tied to any one thing (such as Species, Class, Advanced Class, etc).

That's why we're reaching out to players who are actively reporting the issue - so that we can gain additional information as we work on resolution.

Can you please give the information originally requested? I've clarified the questions a bit more below:

Can you please provide some more information with regards to when you see this? (Does this happen with every Warzone? How often? Does it happen to only your characters or does it happen to others?)

Are there any instances that you know for sure where you can get it to happen or prevent it from happening?

If you're able to respond with details, it would be helpful. Thanks again!

A trigger for the problem is when we are grouped up before the match and when someone enters the match later on in the timer they seem to be left out of the group. It is like the system has a spot reserved for the late joiner (by late I mean not clicking join match right away) but another player enters the war zone taking the late persons spot on the raid frame. This consistently happens when we are in the war zone as the first group. We had a voidstar that I got in as soon as the timer popped up but my guild mate that was grouped with me joined the warzone when the timer was at 1:37 and the first group that we where supposed to join got filed and my guild mate was not on the window.

tl;dr When grouped, not joining the war zone right when it pops up is a trigger.

This is going to come across as a snarky barb, but it has to be said:

The first step towards information gathering on this particular issue is establishing that there are actually 8 people in the Warzone. My first reaction is to assume they just aren't showing up on the Operations Frames, but since the Warzone Shutdown sequence no longer exists for matches that start with only 5 or 6 players (or fewer, sadly) the first thing one HAS to check is the bar at the top that lists how many players are even in the Warzone.

Once that's been established it then becomes a matter of figuring out WHO isn't showing on the Ops frames. It's fairly frustrating.

• 2 weeks later...
I received a PM from Amber Green, "Live Community Coordinator", and was glad someone took the time to get some information on the issue. I will copy/paste her questions below, so others can perhaps give some more details on the situation. Sadly, it's just random for me, maybe others can chime in...

I have noticed that the emply frame occurs to the last player who enters a wz. It's ususally when a player enters much later than the team, but before the battle begins.

I have noticed that the emply frame occurs to the last player who enters a wz. It's ususally when a player enters much later than the team, but before the battle begins.

This.

Especially if it's a 4 man premade.

Quote: Originally Posted by pogmahone

I love being the invisible guy in the raid frame and not getting healed.

Yeah, it pretty much sux. .

Nothing is worse being a healer and wondering where the hell this team mate came from and why is he at 1/4 health!!! Then try to run around and click on the person while that person is trying to run away and save his 1/4 health...

Seriously, this has been an issue for way too long. All party members should show in the raid frame, just like they do in PvE raids. Nearly 5 months into the game, and not a single competent coder and fix this? How embarrassing for your team.

:rolleyes:

Not a single competent coder and fix this!

Seriously though, I have a feeling this bug will be around for a while. For now, I use focus target on the missing individual. However, this bug is the reason that people often feel that they're outnumbered as well, when it's even. It has an impact, because people are unaware of it. I would love for this to be fixed, and I can't imagine it's that complicated.

I've noticed when people leave a warzone, the person who was not showing up in the ops frame sometimes appears.

Edited by vimm