Accuracy for a pyrotech?

xBloodcrazed

Been wondering about this one, it seems whenever i start moving accuracy out of my gear i notice the deflect/dodges go way up at 100% range accuracy only tank specs dodge it, however when i let my accuracy drop to like 95% i start having Sages Deflect my rail shot....

im wondering if people are stacking power/surge despite the high miss rate of railshot or is it better to never miss but hit for less if anyone has mauled over this id like to hear your 2 cents

Been wondering about this one, it seems whenever i start moving accuracy out of my gear i notice the deflect/dodges go way up at 100% range accuracy only tank specs dodge it, however when i let my accuracy drop to like 95% i start having Sages Deflect my rail shot....

im wondering if people are stacking power/surge despite the high miss rate of railshot or is it better to never miss but hit for less if anyone has mauled over this id like to hear your 2 cents

Accuracy is a necessary evil for Pyro Mercs. I usually keep mine around 103% From what I gather reccomended is around 106-108%

Pyro's do a lot of white damage, and their biggest hitter (rail shot) is based off your MH weapon and is white damage. If you don't want to worry about accuracy roll an arsenal merc and stack Power/Surge/Crit to your heart's content.

a dodged railshot does suck. Im currently sitting at 101% accuracy only because our battlemaster eliminator set is chalk full of accuracy garbage.

even at 101% i get dodges, deflects etc. Not as often but they happen. Its not a useless statistic but in general terms you do not want that high of accuracy. In a perfect world my accuracy would be at the baseline 90% and my surge would be higher.

Inquisitors and consulars have 10% base def, so you need 110% special accuracy against those for rail shot not to miss. If your accuracy is lower than that, they can deflect railshots, but other classes can't, unless they're tanks. Surge meets diminishing returns so early and so hard that it's a fairly good idea to aim for that softcap.

Accuracy is a huge "?" to most players. Yes, even with 0 points into accuracy, rail shot still has 100% accruacy (90%ranged attack base + 10% for special attacks). Yes, every class has 5% base defense chance (inquisitors/consulars have 10%) which would give non-accuracy modified rail shot users a 90% chance to hit - sure this is sufficient. BUT many of the more popular classes (now) have accuracy debuffs (tankasin/shadow discharge = -5% and stacks with everything, 2 of the sniper/gunslinger specs have accuracy debuffing capability, marauder/sentinels have accuracy debuffs, etc....). Typically the longest accuracy debuff you'll have on you will come from a tankasin/shadow, and though it's only 5% per debuff, they tend to pack-hunt, so you can easily get 2 or 3 accuracy debuffs placed on you easily and the other accuracy debuffs from other classes (though shorter durations) have much more significant modifiers - usually more than it's worth bothering to stack accuracy to even attempt to counter.

You probably get the most out of not bothering with stacking accuracy and knowing when not to waste your rail shots if you have debuffs on yourself, however.