Post your opinion on the current PvP food chain

Ich_Bin

Top: tank spec assassins are crazy... and have tons of cc... and stealth... just tons of utility.

DPS Powertechs/Tank powertechs

ops healers... hots are dope, have the fastest cast times for the big heal, get the 2 stack buff for heals by doing heals, and are the most mobile healers (plus stealth!)

Maras can do 6k/5k sweeps easily but heals have to super crit to get that high w same gear

Juggs too much cc

mid: dps assassins/dps sorcs can do good numbers but are easy to kill without guard

mercs on both ends

dps ops... where the healer spec has tons of mobility, the dmg spec requires cover for most big hits =\

snipers... everyone knows what you're going to do.

healer sorcs have the longest casts, and the worst mobility/armor combo as healer... only perk is the nice AOE heal. the 1.2 nerf was necessary for the double pop on the big heal, but it seems like the expertise has hurting healing as a whole.

bottom: no class is absolutely horrible. buff all heals to go *** for tat with damage. if you can have a huge impact on a game as a dps with no reliance on other players for guard, aggro pulls, or heals... then logically healers shouldn't have to have help from other players for guard, aggro pulls, or supp heals.

i play a tank spec assassin and a sage seer as my mains.... my tank spec assassin is OP. i'm super tanky with good damage. my sage is fun to play but they have no utility... you HAVE to be planted to have decent heals. if you're stunned you're dead. kite + hots = you're not helping your team. kite + plant heal + kite + plant heal = you don't keep people alive. i feel like i can keep someone alive longer and help them more quickly on my assassin by guarding them (instant compared to casted heals) and killing their attacker(s) compared to healing them and letting them fight.

that's all my QQ'ing. I think if you make tanks and tank specs less dps heavy and more protection based that will help the balance with the heals. tank spec juggs shouldn't be able to 3 hit a true dps toon that has supp heals. feel me? a tank should be a tank, not a war machine.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ordering of lists inside tiers can be thought as, the ones that are above are better than the ones below:

Top:

- Marauder (every spec), Juggernaut (immortal hybrid / vengeance / rage - dps gear)

- Tank Assassin (dps)

- Powertech (dps)

Middle:

- Merc Healer

- Tank Assassin (tank), Juggernaut (Immortal w/Obliterate) --> This is TOP for Huttball

- Sniper (every spec)

- Sorc Healer --> This is TOP for Huttball

- Operative Healer

Bottom:

- Operative (dps)

- Sorcerer (dps) --> This is Middle for Huttball

- Assassin (dps)

- Mercenary (dps)

Who am I? Rank 80+, half war-hero geared, 31 point madness parasitism build sorcerer, with several alt characters.

Well, you can't really kite an Operative DPS because you lose so much HP very quickly while stunned. Any good OP dps can put out 400k+ damage easily and top the charts.

Actually they really dont like being kited.

Ordering of lists inside tiers can be thought as, the ones that are above are better than the ones below:

Top:

- Marauder (every spec), Juggernaut (immortal hybrid / vengeance / rage - dps gear)

- Tank Assassin (dps)

- Powertech (dps)

Middle:

- Merc Healer

- Tank Assassin (tank), Juggernaut (Immortal w/Obliterate) --> This is TOP for Huttball

- Sniper (every spec)

- Operative Healer

Bottom:

- Operative (dps)

- Assassin (dps)

- Mercenary (dps)

Who am I? Rank 80+, half war-hero geared, 31 point madness parasitism build sorcerer, with several alt characters.

Personally i think dps sorc is better for huttball than heals why? Well timed used of cc, and rescue, plus i kill the ball carrier. Better cc than healer as tbh.

Top:

- Tank Assassin (dps)

- Powertech (dps)

Middle:

- Merc Healer

- Sniper (every spec)

- Operative Healer

Bottom:

- Operative (dps)

- Assassin (dps)

- Mercenary (dps)

You area sorc who complain about mara/Jugg?

Sorry that is new...... becuz my sorc eats them for breakfast.

Nowhere was he complaining about anything. He only posted his own personal opinion. Please calm down and read:

• #2 of the Disclaimer in my OP

• your own signature

God Tier- Marauders- high CC, damage, survivability, defensive CDs, unable to be interrupted, mobility- easily the best class in the game cuz it can do almost anything

High Tier- Sins, Juggs

Mid Tier- Powertechs, Operatives, Snipers

Low Tier- Sorcs, Mercs

The list is practically reversed for terribads though- because a sorc spamming force lightning, or a merc spamming TM is going to do better than a marauder spamming auto attack- which is why so many marauders say they aren't OP.

Wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait, wait.

I agree Marauders/Sentinels are very strong (I'd stil put Sins above them and Ops/Powertechs on-par with them, though).

But can you clarify what you mean by "high CC" and "unable to be interrupted."

Is our "High CC" our channeled 3s stun and AOE Daze (That Juggs/Operatives also have)?

And....I'm not even sure about the unable to be interrupted. We have one skill (Ravage/Master Strike) that can't be interrupted (though it can be LoS'd, avoided by range, stunned out of). Is that what you mean? We can do almost everything, right? So I can tank and heal, too?

Also, people putting Maras/Sents in "OP" and "God Tiers" are hilarious. This just turned into another "OMGZ Maras/Sents are OP. Can't wait till they cry when they get the NERFZZZZ." (Which is funny since I rolled a Sentinel at launch, and have been doing great at PvP long before the outcries...)

Edited by Nyjin

Nowhere was he complaining about anything. He only posted his own personal opinion. Please calm down and read:

• #2 of the Disclaimer in my OP

• your own signature

Obvious troll is obvious, ty OP.

My list is yes, my opinion and eating some ppl for breakfast doesn't mean that that class is powerful. You can be a good player, the opposition can be bad or vice versa, who says I am not eating some marauders for breakfast when that player isn't really good or situations allow me to excel? Doesn't mean that they aren't a powerhouse at the moment though.

My list is there for team pvp aspects and having more than 1 dps sorcerer damages the team at the moment, thats why they are down below the list. Having even 1 mercenary dps damages the team too. Hence my list ordering.

Do a balanced (in healing/dps/tanking aspects) team, from my list, considering that every one knows what he/she is doing, the team with the higher tier members will most of times have an advantage over the team with the underpowered classes in their respective roles.

But let's not stray too far away from the forum topic focus here.

Top: Good Players

Mid: Average Players

Bottom: Poor Players

Good players will do well no matter what class they play and certain classes have advantages on some maps compared to others. In 1v1, sure, some classes may be ahead, but this isn't a 1v1 game...

Top: Good Players

Mid: Average Players

Bottom: Poor Players

Good players will do well no matter what class they play and certain classes have advantages on some maps compared to others. In 1v1, sure, some classes may be ahead, but this isn't a 1v1 game...

This pretty much. I used to wreck warzones on my Shadow, so I re-rolled a scoundrel, I wreck warzones on him too, I even can sometimes wreck warzones on my recruit geared sage IF the imps don't notice me....

Good players are good players regardless of the class they play, I know some people who re-rolled from another class and they are still good on their new class.

Top:

- Tank Assassin (dps)

- Powertech (dps)

Middle:

- Merc Healer

- Sniper (every spec)

- Operative Healer

Bottom:

- Operative (dps)

- Assassin (dps)

- Mercenary (dps)

This list is pretty accurate though Snipers move down the list on some warzones but overall very good.

Rank 90 Juggernaut.