Additional Character Slots

Brimmer

I'd rather see additional slots as high lvl Legacy unlocks, but if that's not an option, then I'd pay for additional slots, sure.

I have already used all my slots long before 1.2, and now I cannot benefit from new races/customizations unlocks. Also, for some of the classes I want to try different genders (male smuggler or female bounty hunter wold be the first options). But at the same time I want to experience all stories, so I just don't have slots to create characters of the same class just in different race/gender.

And i don't want to roll a toon on a new server, because of guild and craft. I have friends on the server. My Legacy became pretty much self-sufficient, so I can gear up all my alts myself, I can send some creds to still leveling alts from my 50s, etc. Also, my server is very nice place with friendly community, so I don't want to change it.

So, yes, I will pay for new slots if that's the only option to obtain them.

Edited by PaniMauser

I would prefer one of two methods (but would accept a purchase model).

Option 1: every story to completion unlocks an addition character slot. This would establish a soft-cap of 16.

Option 2: every 10 legacy levels unlocks an additional character slot.

Having come over from LOTRO where we had the ability to 'buy' character slots with Turbine Points, I do personally feel a tad constrained since I'm one of those people that likes to play multiple characters. (I paid for a year sub on there and got steady piles of TP to use per month to buy things, so I had bought like 6 more character slots..)

Factor in the fact that I prefer to self-support with crafting, and I have even less options since that eats at least 5-6 character slots that are permanent because you can't re-roll those characters or face losing piles of schematics.

I personally have a few more character variations I'd like to try, but I'm already maxed out for slots. (Hence why I just totally cleared off my one doubled up biochem character to delete it and rebuild as something else...but now I'm having to decide between 3 more variations I'd like to try on one character.)

Would I 'buy' more character slots for real life money? Maybe. I would love to have another 8 slots to work with. I am curious if they are going to give us more character slots based on legacy level or something.

I already built 8 characters on one server when I started...then swapped to the other side on another server and built 8 more on that side, then swapped back and re-did my 8 on previous server since I had more of an idea how to play/build characters. I haven't even hit 50 on any of my characters yet because I'm just enjoying the story-lines and crafting to my heart's content. I only just recently took one character up to 32 to 'start' my legacy.

First time posting on these forums, so forgive my long-winded narrative.

TLDR : Crafting eats most of your character slots, so you have less to just play with.

• 2 months later...
The only "micro-payment" I have made in my 15 year MMO experiance is the purchase of additional character slots. I paid $10 to add slots and it was money well spent. If they add this I will buy more slots. I have had all 8 slots capped at 50 for a long time, yhen they implemented changes to Legacy that made it viable to play both factions. Adding character slots is not the same as being able to buy in game mounts or even cosmetic pets. Its an account upgrade.

I would prefer one of two methods (but would accept a purchase model).

Option 1: every story to completion unlocks an addition character slot. This would establish a soft-cap of 16.

Sounds like a verg good option to me. Would be great ;)

I wouldn't have a problem paying for what I see as out of game items such as characters slots, name changes, faction changes, character recustomizations, etc.

I don't think these should be confused with in game Pay 2 Win or Vanity items which I will not pay for.

If Bioware offered an account option to purchase additional character slots, for like $5 each, for up to 8 additional slots; would you, and if so how many would you purchase?

that would mean i have to pay € 40 just for "free" transfers

Given the forced nature of the upcoming character transfers, I feel that four additional free slots are warranted, as well as more player choice in where to move them (with perhaps the limitation of to a server you already have active 50s on).

I want more Character slots any way I can get them. I'm progressing towards my 8th level 50, and I want to try some of the other classes, cause I wanted to experience both disciplines in some of the classes...

And, I want to do it on the server I'm on, because I like it, I don't want to muck about on a strange server. Thx.