Additional Character Slots

Brimmer

If Bioware offered an account option to purchase additional character slots, for like $5 each, for up to 8 additional slots; would you, and if so how many would you purchase? Edited by Brimmer

If Bioware offered an account option to purchase additional character slots, for like $5 each, for up to 8 additional slots; would you, and if so how many would you purchase?

at the moment i dont need anymore character slots, but i imagine in the future i could use a few more

heh. I'd much prever they offered them either with legacy (let's say you get one additional slot for either hitting lvl 50 or reaching legacy lvl 6, the next for legacy lvl 8, 10, 12 up to say having 16 slots when you hit legacy 20 or something... just an example) OR give us additional slots when they introduce more races/classes ... or do it like games like lotro did: with an expansion (though that goes in line with adding new classes)

I probably would buy char slots for 5 dollar, but only if they are account-wide, because anything else is just not reasonable.

heh. I'd much prever they offered them either with legacy (let's say you get one additional slot for either hitting lvl 50 or reaching legacy lvl 6, the next for legacy lvl 8, 10, 12 up to say having 16 slots when you hit legacy 20 or something... just an example) OR give us additional slots when they introduce more races/classes ... or do it like games like lotro did: with an expansion (though that goes in line with adding new classes)

I probably would buy char slots for 5 dollar, but only if they are account-wide, because anything else is just not reasonable.

What you said, is what I have been hoping for since the start; but paying for the additional slots often is the most common option.

bioware where pretty generous with the character slots , you have enough to make 4 of each class on both factions , i dont think i would like micro transactions becoming installed into the game for any reason . if you have been paying attention you will know what a mess star trek online is now with micro transactions .

bioware where pretty generous with the character slots , you have enough to make 4 of each class on both factions , i dont think i would like micro transactions becoming installed into the game for any reason . if you have been paying attention you will know what a mess star trek online is now with micro transactions .

The problem with the above math is that there 2 advanced classes for each class, and the advanced classes are very different from each other. So effectively there is 8 classes to play on each side and only 8 character slots. Some people will never use two slots let alone all 8 current slots, but others with a different gameplay mentality will already have used all 8 on a single server and then there are all those in between.

Usually this wouldn't be an issue since you would just play characters on other servers, but in TOR your legacy is bound to each individual server and so characters on a different server don't contribute.

TLDR: Because of legacy benefits extra character slots are somewhat necessary at some point in the near future.

More character slots per server are a must if I have to pay for them fine ... I will no problem. But I'd prefer to see them as high end legacy rewards not lv 1 or 10 when you're unlikely to have run out of space anyways. So more like legacy lv 30.

The problem with the above math is that there 2 advanced classes for each class, and the advanced classes are very different from each other. So effectively there is 8 classes to play on each side and only 8 character slots. Some people will never use two slots let alone all 8 current slots, but others with a different gameplay mentality will already have used all 8 on a single server and then there are all those in between.

Usually this wouldn't be an issue since you would just play characters on other servers, but in TOR your legacy is bound to each individual server and so characters on a different server don't contribute.

TLDR: Because of legacy benefits extra character slots are somewhat necessary at some point in the near future.

allthough what your saying is valid and understandable i still think bioware have been generous and honestly having micro transactions introduced would be bad ,

More character slots per server are a must if I have to pay for them fine ... I will no problem. But I'd prefer to see them as high end legacy rewards not lv 1 or 10 when you're unlikely to have run out of space anyways. So more like legacy lv 30.

heh. I'm legacy lvl 16 and all my slots are full. and you know what's funny? I play my bounty hunter and my trooper on a different server, just to see their stories. and now I realised I actually LIKE the vanguard playstyle and would love to have one around when I want to do sillyness with my guildies. but that's just not possible because i'd have to delete one of my other chars...

If Bioware offered an account option to purchase additional character slots, for like $5 each, for up to 8 additional slots; would you, and if so how many would you purchase?

I would not pay for extra character slots.

I think they should give us some for free, maybe 4, and then more if we pay, or thru legacy earnings, like someone else suggested. I just want to experience every character and every type of play with those characters. I'm one of those phreaks that doesn't mind, doing the same quests over and over. :D I'd also like to do it on the same established server I'm on, because I'm lazy, and legacy earnings cover only one server. To try something new, I'd have to start from scratch elsewhere, and that kinda sux.

No. This is akin to micro transactions and opens that pandoras box that leads to pay to win. So I don't support this. They should be given free or not at all.

And the problem with YOUR math is that while there are 2 advanced classes for each class, and the advanced classes are very different from each other, there are only 4 base classes and only 8 advanced classes total. They are not "per faction". The imperial and republic versions of a classes are the same, and play the same. Just some slight animation and name differences. You can cover all 8 advanced classes with the 8 character slots, along with all 8 storylines.

I would pay 5 bucks each, I'd buy 2 additional character slots overtime and add 2 more and add 2 more and so on so I would say I'd be paying 10 bucks every other 6 months.

8 character slots is not enough for both factions, Remember you want to play all Advanced Classes. the 8 would either be for 8 imp or 8 republic. adding more character slots/microtransaction is fine for a reason, in STO's and cryptic situation, they are greedy bastards, their game is pay to win, this microtransaction is not pay to win, its called pay for more classes. no advantages, just more classes.

allthough what your saying is valid and understandable i still think bioware have been generous and honestly having micro transactions introduced would be bad ,

I'll say it again, it depends on what micro transaction, buying more character slots is not a bad micro transaction, it would be bad if it was a combat advantage pve or pvp wise, additional character slots have no effect in combat what so ever. this thread isn't about encouraging alot of micro transactions to the game, its just adding something small, like there is already a planned micro transaction such as character transfer, is that really bad?

Edited by Jonoku

Star Trek Online had microtransactions from DAY 1 with the Cryptic store. Man, I'm super glad I bought that lifetime subscription ....

And the problem with YOUR math is that while there are 2 advanced classes for each class, and the advanced classes are very different from each other, there are only 4 base classes and only 8 advanced classes total. They are not "per faction". The imperial and republic versions of a classes are the same, and play the same. Just some slight animation and name differences. You can cover all 8 advanced classes with the 8 character slots, along with all 8 storylines.

yes you can, but you shouldn't have to. and who says that they are really 'the same' when I play my scoundrel heals specced and my operative dps? it's two completely different play styles, even if it's the exact mirror class. why should I have to respec every time, especially since the 'feeling' playing a smuggler and playing an imperial agent is just so different? (it may not be for you, but nobody is .forcing. you to play the same class twice, either)

While this is very true; if you wanted to have, say, a Merc and a Powertech you have elimiated the possibility of playing all eight stories.

Not sure what all the negative responses are about, additional character slots would harm you how, exactly?