PvP - What YOU should be doing in warzones

DarthMaulUK

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OP, to expand on a point you made in your post at the beginning:

Tip for EVERYBODY: Concentrate fire on enemies. Take them down as a group, and stop trying to be the "big damn hero" by soloing them. They will focus fire on you and pwn you hard.

I think the most important tip is to call out for help when you see incoming enemies and you're guarding a node. I'd just elaborate a bit further and add that they should call out for help when they first see enemies approaching. No matter how few they are, no matter how ****** you think you are call for help immediately. Calling out for help is completely useless if a defender waits until they're about to die/after they're dead. You can always tell when this happens because the node gets capped a second or two after calling for help. My friends and I call this "I got this, bro!" syndrome and it's very, very aggravating.

General strats

- fight 500 feet from any objectives

- mark enemy healers, then totally ignore them

- dont read anything about how resolve works just spam your mezzes on enemies actively taking damage

Voidstar specific for attack

- go north and kill everything

- we have no idea where they will spawn so once everythings dead just stand around and wait for someone to plant

Novarre specific

- for the initial attack split the group evenly across all three nodes and send one to fight on the hill with the red buff

- dont aoe in the capture zones, you might interrupt their capping and stall long enough for your reinforcements to arrive

- when they are holdong east and west send strike teams of two at a time to the console ten feet from their spawn

Alderaan specific

- leave the healer with 13k hp to defend alone so you can attack the third node and fail at it

- we have no idea where the side bikes will land so everyone start capping when the last defender dies

- always stick around to 6v1 the last attacker when your team has two turrets

Huttball specific

- stand on the goal ledge to shoot down when a warrior/jedi has the ball in your pit

- when its tied at 30 seconds left just continue fighting in the corner its cool

- never run ahead of your carrier, just stay on top of or behind him

- when theres an enemy carrier on your catwalks being attacked throw flashbangs at him to fill his resolve

General strats

- dont read anything about how resolve works just spam your mezzes on enemies actively taking damage

- we have no idea where they will spawn so once everythings dead just stand around and wait for someone to plant

Novarre specific

- for the initial attack split the group evenly across all three nodes and send one to fight on the hill with the red buff

- dont aoe in the capture zones, you might interrupt their capping and stall long enough for your reinforcements to arrive

- when they are holdong east and west send strike teams of two at a time to the console ten feet from their spawn

Alderaan specific

- leave the healer with 13k hp to defend alone so you can attack the third node and fail at it

- we have no idea where the side bikes will land so everyone start capping when the last defender dies

Huttball specific

- stand on the goal ledge to shoot down when a warrior/jedi has the ball in your pit

- when its tied at 30 seconds left just continue fighting in the corner its cool

- when theres an enemy carrier on your catwalks being attacked throw flashbangs at him to fill his resolve

A remarkable observation of what NOT to do, but everyone seems to do.

Not without reason it's called "Facepalm Warzones"

Huttball specific

and don`t forget to always throw the ball to a healer or someone with less than 10% hp !!

General strats

Novarre specific

Alderaan specific

Huttball specific

You forgot a couple for General Strategies:

-"Ignore the guy who has won these matches before letting you know exactly what needs to be done to win this match."

-"Never call out incoming when you're being attacked at a node. You can take them yourself."

Otherwise, you just described half the groups I manage to find myself in while in a WZ. lol

• 2 weeks later...
and don`t forget to always throw the ball to a healer or someone with less than 10% hp !!

This drives me bat **** crazy as a healer. I'm standing in front of the ball carrier with less than %50 health. I'm healing the crap to of them or about to pull them to my position and I get a pass. 4 shots later I'm dead and dumb-*** is attacking the NEW ball carried on the other team. Face-palm WZ. Even if your in the pit and I'm near the end zone DO NOT PASS IT TO ME!!!! I'm there to pull you up and heal. I'm wearing a bikini top. How long can I possibly last?

Another 1 I think is a no-brainer but still people need to be reminded of.

Healers are the last role that should be trying something alone- find a tank- if there isn't one-a dps; and stick to them. Even as the healer with the big target on my head, I can team up with a tank while guarding an objective while everyone else is attacking- and we're INVINCIBLE!

• 1 year later...
2014 bump since this has become an issue again! May help some of the new players

*cough cough* directed here from another thread ;)

I'd like to make a few suggestions but please bear in mind I am a returning play and not very good at PvP/Zones.

When waiting for the game to start and no one is talking - start talking, this will encourage others to chat and before you know it you'll have a plan. It might be wrong, it might be crap, but it WILL be a plan and if it doesnt work, then you at least know it next time.

Some good things I have found to chat about:

• If you're a healer, tell people and ask for support and ask that you are not left alone to guard a node
  • If you can guard.... ask who needs it specifically
  • If you can offer something else that others can not, then tell people

Regards Obilam

...start talking, this will encourage others to chat and before you know it you'll have a plan.

Sometimes, even better, you'll have TWO! :D

No just kidding (except, of course, sometimes that does happen - where neither planner will let go of his/her optimal-always-wins-if-you-guys-could-just-execute-it-correctly plan) - totally agree with the point of Obilam's comment. Type something constructive, see what happens.

Excellent post topic. Topic threads like this one are what make the game better for everyone, since people will know what to do instead of losing and not knowing why.

I'd also add this to the list of What You should be doing in warzones

General rule for all warzone variants: Don't rage quit.

I can't tell you enough of how many times me and my teamates have won a game after some peole rage quit to early since it didn't look like things were going their way. Rage quiting only hurts everyone else and makes winning harder for your team. Don't give up to easily. Like I said, there have been many games where things looked bad at first but we regrouped, made good decisions and worked as a team and saw that potential loss turn into a W.

Excellent post topic. Topic threads like this one are what make the game better for everyone, since people will know what to do instead of losing and not knowing why.

I'd also add this to the list of What You should be doing in warzones

I can't tell you enough of how many times me and my teamates have won a game after some peole rage quit to early since it didn't look like things were going their way. Rage quiting only hurts everyone else and makes winning harder for your team. Don't give up to easily. Like I said, there have been many games where things looked bad at first but we regrouped, made good decisions and worked as a team and saw that potential loss turn into a W.

I dunno mate, usually the ones who rage quit are one of the reasons things aren't going that great before they rage quit . They get replaced by better people that don't berate their teammates and then we win. I would rather people like that quit tbh so I don't have to suffer their complaining.

Sometimes, even better, you'll have TWO! :D

No just kidding (except, of course, sometimes that does happen - where neither planner will let go of his/her optimal-always-wins-if-you-guys-could-just-execute-it-correctly plan) - totally agree with the point of Obilam's comment. Type something constructive, see what happens.

Yeah... I've definitely seen that quite often. The "take east and west on NC" strategy definitely works sometimes, but it seems to fail more often than it succeeds as it requires complete buy-in from the group.

It's funny; it seems like there's four different types of people in warzones:

- People who know what they're doing and have a plan who will stick with that plan regardless of what everyone else does.

- People who know what they're doing and have a plan, but who will adjust to what others are doing if their plan isn't being followed.

- People who will blindly follow whoever seems to know what they're doing.

- People who don't care about the WZ who are just there to farm comms.

The first group, in my opinion, can be almost as bad as the last one. Yeah, your particular strategy may be good and may work if people buy into it or do what you want them to, but if they don't, your group is going to lose. Failing to adapt your strategy at that point becomes a certain recipe for a loss. Learning to listen and follow orders (or at least cooperate) can be a very hard lesson to learn, but it's extremely valuable.

Lets not forget the real thing you should be doing in warzones. L2P

Learn to Pick the right class

choose from the list below

Smash Marauder

Operative Healer

AP/Tank Powertech

Smash Juggernaut

Assassin

or the Republic equivalent

thank you

anyone who tells you otherwise not only plays one of the classes listed above, but just doesn't want you to play one also

Edited by NathanielStarr

Yes things can be pulled back if people rage quit but I will always exit a game if someone fails to call or if the bomb gets planted within 30 seconds of starting Voidstar, because 85% of the time, it will end up as a loss.

I'm going to throw this in here as well. Since the arrival of Arenas, I have noticed more and more players completely ignoring objectives in 8v8. There has been a huge increase in this and it needs to stop. Too many want to be carried over the line now.

quiz question: You load into Civil War and you check your team's composition:

* 1x operative healer

* 1 gunslinger, 2 focus sents and a vigilence guardian

* guardian tank

* vanguard tank

The other team has 5 stealth (3 assasins, 1 DPS op, 1 healer op)

opening, you cap mid and a side (grass). Who should guard the off node?

quiz question: You load into Civil War and you check your team's composition:

* 1x operative healer

* 1 gunslinger, 2 focus sents and a vigilence guardian

* guardian tank

* vanguard tank

The other team has 5 stealth (3 assasins, 1 DPS op, 1 healer op)

opening, you cap mid and a side (grass). Who should guard the off node?

Slinger and a tank, vanguard is better for scan.