PvP - What YOU should be doing in warzones

DarthMaulUK

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Does not matter what you do the games are fixed. Take two pcs slap them together and buy two accounts and que guess what the matches end at the same time you can run in there and do not a thing the match is predetermined who will win.

That you need to spell this out to players is the worst part.

Thanks for taking the time to write this guide.

Common Sense ....isn't common.

:eek: I blame bad parenting and bad teachers.

Bioware uses shadow rendering to make certain players hard to mark and even the tab key will not pick up the target and to top it all off if you see the player and point and click on them you cant kill them. I have seen players with one health last through countless blasts with no healer present. Tuesday cant come soon enough. May the force bring it sooner.

Bioware uses shadow rendering to make certain players hard to mark and even the tab key will not pick up the target and to top it all off if you see the player and point and click on them you cant kill them. I have seen players with one health last through countless blasts with no healer present. Tuesday cant come soon enough. May the force bring it sooner.

This is why Bioware will not let you see the opponents your up against before the match so you cant mark them.

i don't think i saw this yet: if you are the only person guarding a node, DO NOT LEAVE IT UNDEFENDED! your job, at the very least, is to yell when the enemy inevitably comes to cap it. if you're bored, ask a teammate to take over. you do at least get medals now for the thankless job of guarding the node.

oh, and don't dump on the guys protecting the node in Ops chat. they are doing something to help the team win, apparently you are not.

Another one for Voidstar:

When planting a bomb at the door, you DO NOT need 3 people to plant it!!!!!! The rest of the team mates need to guard that player from interuptions and stop AoE's from taking place.

You all get an attacker bonus from it, let ONE person plant the bomb while you defend him. The amount of times i see this makes my blood boil lol

l

That. Can't count the number of times we clear a door and I begin to plant, and then 3 other guys click the door as the other team drops down and interrupts unmolested. w...t....f...

Also, buffs. Keep buffing, it's free. Don't just wait until you die. Keep those buffs up as often as you can afford the click.

Use Guard, and know who to use it on

It can be easy to forget to throw up a Guard on someone, but the benefits for both you and them are very important. You should always be guarding someone, even if it's just the first person you see when you respawn--but ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS switch your Guard to a healer whenever possible, and barring that place it on a DPS. Don't Guard another tank (supertanking almost never is worthwhile in PvP), with the sole exception being if they have the ball in Huttball.

Also remember that while Guard does mitigate some damage generally, it is vastly more effective when you are close to them.

Good point, but I'd like to add something: Deactivate your Guard when your guarded target gets out of range. As long as your Guard is active - no matter if the target's in range or not - other tanks can't use their Guard on the target. So either stay in range or deactivate your Guard.

Good point, but I'd like to add something: Deactivate your Guard when your guarded target gets out of range. As long as your Guard is active - no matter if the target's in range or not - other tanks can't use their Guard on the target. So either stay in range or deactivate your Guard.

oh yeah, that's a good one. i sometimes forget to unguard when Silly Guarded Person goes and runs off.

Keeping an eye on objectives you are defending is so key. Even experienced players, every once in a while, just take their eye off of that turret or door to finish someone off.

It's really easy to stop paying attention to it for a few seconds, see someone planting a door 3 seconds in or something, then get stunned with no cc break up and be unable to act. Whenever possible, while fighting try to keep your camera view on the door/turret etc.

Edited by ShadowOfVey

Another one for Voidstar:

When planting a bomb at the door, you DO NOT need 3 people to plant it!!!!!! The rest of the team mates need to guard that player from interuptions and stop AoE's from taking place.

You all get an attacker bonus from it, let ONE person plant the bomb while you defend him. The amount of times i see this makes my blood boil lol

This is my pet peeve. It apply to Alderaan Civil War too.

To state the obvious, if someone else is planting a bomb (voidstar) or capping (civil war), you should be looking to stun, mezz, snare and knockback potential interrupters. If all of these are on cool down, you should be trying to kill interrupters.

Excellent thread. I definitely picked up some useful advice here myself. Always looking to get better.

I really wish every bad Imp PUGger on my server would read this thread. Sadly, they probably they won't, it's probably the more dedicated players who bother to read these forums that for the most part know and follow this stuff already. But hey, if this helps even one "bad" get better, then that's great. Im sure this also going to be a great help to many new players who look into this thread.

My tip: FOCUS ON THE OBJECTIVE! It's not about the stats, it's not about the kills, it's not about your individual performance. It's a team game, so always try to do what you can to help your team win the game and be successful.

Always ask: am I contributing to my team here with what Im doing?

If the answer is no, reconsider what you are doing. And no, running around killing everything in sight is not usually helping your team.

One more thing to add...

Killing healers is important.

Three people chasing the healer who is at 1/4 health and barely a sliver of force, AWAY from the node you're supposed to be defending? Not so much.

It seems that some folks to get the level of experience/smart play where they realize that they need to take out the healer....and stop there. ;)

I'll put some Shadow tank tips. I am pure Shadow tank 67 Valor with Aug Bm/WH (survivor) 24k life, with matrix shard (disappeared) and (So close to 200 daily coms, sheild relic). Rakata Fort stim/ absorb and medpack

1. Guard people getting bursted.

2. Taunt DPS

3. Use KINETIC WARD. I don't care if people try to ignore you! Absorb is sooo godly!

4. We are awsome Defenders. Always volunteer to defend a Point. one Tank shadow with bio chem can hold off an army of players long enough for the team to arrive. No other Class can say this!!

5. Dont get tunnel vision.

6. while defending, don't be baited and ninjad.

7. Spam Slow time!! Aoe Slow and Damage debuff!.

8. asassian badge is possible, even as pure tank.

9. on offense use your stuns and Force pull to slow players down from a counter- cap or interrupt bomb planter.

10. Hutt ball either play offence or defence. And switch up. Pure shadow tanks are the ultimate ball carrier and great counter-carriers. Force pull +Force stun+ fire pit= Awsomeness for your team.

I'll add more, I do so much it's crazy!

That you need to spell this out to players is the worst part.

Thanks for taking the time to write this guide.

I don't think that its too bad to have to point this out. Not everyone understands these things until they are chewed out for them during a game.

- Just as you shouldn't fight 1 on 5 but should call for help, you shouldn't fight 5 on 1. If it's 4 or 5 of you fighting one of the opponent, that means that your team is outnumbered somewhere. Enough people should stay behind to safely finish the job with the attacker at your location, but the rest need to get back to whatever location needs defending as quickly as possible.

Yes the def at the other point should call out incs, but, we all know sometimes you get surprised or don't see them coming, or don't see how many are coming. Look at your mini map, if all of a sudden there is no one at the other point/door then GO! It doesn't matter whose fault it is, you all lose.

Also, when there is a lull in the fighting mouse over the minimap and take note of who is at the other point. Keep an eye on their health. If it starts dropping maybe they just got stealthed/jumped and need some help.

In a game where you are hard pressed sometimes you have to pick the best of two bad decisions. If there are only 2-3 defenders left on a door and the last defender goes down on the other door, someone has to try go over there, even if you are outnumbered. Yes that MIGHT mean they cap the door you were defending but if you don't go they WILL cap the other door.