Marauders Offhand

Ich_Bin

Not trying to jump on the "Nerf Marauders"-bandwagon here, but I have a question:

Why is it that Marauders can actually have their offhand weapon augmented and all other classes can't? Seems like an obvious imbalance to me...

Yes, I know that they are technically equipping mainhand weapons in their offhand which is why they can be augmented. But still it is not fair and should not be allowed.

Edited by Ich_Bin

Not trying to jump on the "Nerf Marauders"-bandwagon here, but I have a question:

Why is it that Marauders can actually have their offhand weapon augmented and all other classes can't? Seems like an obvious imbalance to me...

Yes, I know that they are technically equipping mainhand weapons in their offhand which is why they can be augmented. But still it is not fair shouldn't be allowed.

so um I guess you've never seen a merc or gunslinger

This is not a pvp issue.

Its not an anything issue since all offhand items can be crafted to have an augment slot. the only ones im not 100% sure on are the vibro knives and shotguns, but im fairly certain 1.2 made it possible there as well.

This is not a pvp issue.

It is, but this issue goes beyond just pvp and is one that plagues the game in general, classes with moddable off hands have an advantage over those who do not.

Its not an anything issue since all offhand items can be crafted to have an augment slot. the only ones im not 100% sure on are the vibro knives and shotguns, but im fairly certain 1.2 made it possible there as well.

That may be, but most off hands are not modable so its a moot point, some classes can not have war hero augmented off hands.

hold on, are you saying that the War hero offhands can be crafted to make augmented slots? I am sure the OP is saying that the Dual Weild users have offhands with Expertise(mods) plus augmented slots. Meaning advantage.

The crafted offhands you speak of, have expertise on them also?

It is, but this issue goes beyond just pvp and is one that plagues the game in general, classes with moddable off hands have an advantage over those who do not.

Classes played by key-binders have an advantage over those played by mouse-clickers. Do you really think 1 augment slot that gives you +12 endurance and +18 power will explain or overcome any of the other eight reasons why someone lost a warzone?

Classes played by key-binders have an advantage over those played by mouse-clickers. Do you really think 1 augment slot that gives you +12 endurance and +18 power will explain or overcome any of the other eight reasons why someone lost a warzone?

you can customize the offhand to your liking, its not just the Augment slot.

Do not forget the extra expertise they get by having the ability to customize, its not just about the augment slot.

Do not forget the extra expertise they get by having the ability to customize, its not just about the augment slot.

how do we get extra expertise? i don't think there is any extra expertise we're gaining on our augmented offhands...

to be fair though, since expertise is always better and doesn't really ever hit a dr, being able to have some 60 odd expertise (about 5%) more than other classes is probably helping the issues right now.

They need to normalise the stats between offhand weapons and offhand holdables.

Yes, I know that they are technically equipping mainhand weapons in their offhand which is why they can be augmented. But still it is not fair and should not be allowed.

what you are talking about? im pretty sure shields, focus and generators can be augmented, hell i crit craft some for instance. You statament is born of ignorance. Now you know.

Edited by Spartanik

what you are talking about? im pretty sure shields, focus and generators can be augmented, hell i crit craft some for instance. You statament is born of ignorance. Now you know.

You can crit craft shields, focus and generators with augment slots that are also moddable (meaning you can put WH mods/enhancements in them)?

Edited by Ich_Bin

You are pretty sure? Let me ask this ONE MORE TIME, Can You Craft the Warhero or Battlemaster offhand generators/focus/shield that HAVE expertise on them, or are you talking about NO-EXPERTISE offhands.

Im not talking concerned Critting for Augment slots.

Edited by xPROOF

how do we get extra expertise? i don't think there is any extra expertise we're gaining on our augmented offhands...

You dont get EXTRA, but you do get custimozation, which others don't, I dont hate on the offhand and I dont want them to Not have the Mods/Augmented offhands, i just want other offhands to have mods and chance for augement slots.

bm weapon with expertise crystal over off hand, 141 vs 82

wh weapon over offhand, 151 vs 113

then there's the expertise augment potential (although not common, do exist)

ok for everyone who can not figure it out, the argument is that ACs that utilize an offhand weapon over an offhand slot are at an advantage because an offhand weapon can be modded and augmented.

Yes, we all know that you can crit craft a focus, generator, knife, or shotgun... however it will not be as good as an orange offhand with war hero mods in it.

So again, you can crit craft the offhands for an augment but it will still be behind because you can not use the mods in it.

continue....

Edited by tynt

ok for everyone who can not figure it out, the argument is that ACs that utilize an offhand weapon over an offhand slot are at an advantage because an offhand weapon can be modded and augmented.

Yes, we all know that you can crit craft a focus, generator, knife, or shotgun... however it will not be as good as an orange offhand with war hero mods in it.

So again, you can crit craft the offhands for an augment but it will still be behind because you can not use the mods in it.

continue....

Simply put

I forgot about the crystal options, great point

I have not seen any expertise augments... i probably wouldn't use them anyways.

And don't your offhands have the same expertise on them?

I do not really care about the augment. I care about the customization that is lacking for those who do not use a modifiable item in their offhand.

The weaponmaster off-hand lightsaber for example allows someone to swap our the +41 expertise crystal for the other +41 crystals if the want and also swap out mods and enhancements to get the stats they want if they really care about min/max.

Edited by Sladiex