My server is dead - we need transfers now, not in early summer

These servers have lower population caps than previous MMO's. The typical post WoW MMO fall off hurts twice as much.

There has not been when MMO that has grown post release since WoW. A tsunami of players come at release and tire quickly, leaving ghost towns.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have unsubbed as well as two of my family members. Whats sad is we went back to SWG because its free and what Star wars MMO should have been like, a vast world to play in and a lot of people playing it.

Since when is SWG free? I thought it was closed?

SwgEmu i think hes refering to, which will soon if not already in alpha stage.

Pre-Cu SwG, the original greatness that it was, just a few things still not all the way back yet, CH,Bio-engineer and droid maker professions are still unfinished

Also just fyi I counted right now. There are 71 servers that are standard or better. Out of those 4 are heavy and 1 is very heavy. Seems pretty healthy to me. North American servers since its primetime in the usa.

Pre-Cu SwG, the original greatness that it was, just a few things still not all the way back yet, CH,Bio-engineer and droid maker professions are still unfinished

Ya well if you are playing on a free server you get what you pay for. You think this server is unstable or the rules are applied sometimes unfairly try a server run by some 13 yr old on his home computer.

They will never have that abortion up and running in any stable and healthy manner. It will just be a shell of it's namesake.

I kind of wish they could though... so all the SWG QQers here could just go play the game they want to play and leave this one alone. ;)

Edited by Andryah

I totally agree with OP as a Trayus Academy citizen.

Transfers must come asap wishfully by the end of this month.

You won't have to wait much longer. Early summer will be beginning of June. (28 days) I can see how for a lot of people this is a long time. Mask of Nihilus is already losing players. Used to be 100+ peeps on fleet both factions, but as of last week they just disappeared. :confused:

Okay, let's say they rushed the transfers.

Oops, all your characters get deleted. We can rebuild them. We have the technology. Several weeks later after many other "accidents" suffered by other players during transfer, your characters are restored. Will you still be subscribed then?

As such BioWare wants to take all the time it needs to ensure that the transfers lead to as few problems as possible.

It's called backing up and I'm sure Bioware does it, it's not that they can't do it right now, it's just that they don't have an automated system to do it, I hardly believe i'll lose any more time with my characters with them messing up a transfer than I currently am.

They will never have that abortion up and running in any stable and healthy manner. It will just be a shell of it's namesake.

I kind of wish they could though... so all the SWG QQers here could just go play the game they want to play and leave this one alone. ;)

I don't see what your problem with SWG is, it's a good game and what do you care if people enjoy it?

Edited by Tristal

I don't see what your problem with SWG is, it's a good game and what do you care if people enjoy it?

So lucas arts licensed this? Sony approves of it? Or is this some person running a basically pirated operation? If so the guy has already proven he is willing to do things illegal. Whats to stop them from putting spyware or a keylogger on your system?

So lucas arts licensed this? Sony approves of it? Or is this some person running a basically pirated operation? If so the guy has already proven he is willing to do things illegal. Whats to stop them from putting spyware or a keylogger on your system?

Anti-virus software helps but is not fullproof, but no.

And it's not "the guy" it's a team of individuals who have been working on this project for years now (I'm not sure when they started).

And no, it's is not licensed in any way but they're using certain legal "Loopholes" if you will to avoid any sort of altercations and being slapped with a lawsuit for example:

Q. Does SWGEmu use any of Sony Online Entertainment's code?

A. The absolute and short answer is no. Every bit of code developed at the SWGEmu project has been written from scratch by freelance developer's committing their time and effort to the SWGEmu project without the benefit of financial gain.

Q. Has SWGEmu ever seen Sony Online Entertainment's code?

A. Absolutely not. In fact, Sony Online Entertainment persists that they have lost the code entirely. Not only does this make it impossible for SWGEmu to utilize the code as reference if Sony Online Entertainment was kind enough to grant permission to do so, but it makes it impossible for Sony Online Entertainment to release classic Pre-CU servers to rival what SWGEmu aims to accomplish.

Also:

Q. Is SWGEmu legal?

A. This question pops up about once per month on our forums, but the never changing answer is simply, yes. Understand, there is a fine line which SWGEmu has yet to cross. Since SWGEmu doesn't distribute any of Sony Online Entertainment's copyrighted material, it does not break any copyright laws. SWGEmu works very hard to stay within it's legal right to produce it's software, and will do it's best to never include copyrighted materials, or infringe on any software patents.

Is quite an important one but this is off topic now

Edited by Tristal

Boy, little trust here. You must have been born after the mod craze.

People make stuff all the time for other people to enjoy. We do it out of the goodness of our hearts.

People make stuff all the time for other people to enjoy. We do it out of the goodness of our hearts.

Quite right.

What? Im supposed to trust someone who is ripping off lucas arts and sony? Really? Do you trust your local bank robber with your deposits also?

What? Im supposed to trust someone who is ripping off lucas arts and sony? Really? Do you trust your local bank robber with your deposits also?

Err local bank robber? Do you live in the wild west or something?

And to be fair, Sony are the only ones that really did the "ripping off" by "changing" the game... Made a horrible mistake with it, kind of admitted that mistake but chose to do little about it.

So we get the kind folks working for SWGEmu to step in and try and do something about it, like the good folks at wikipedia (who apparantly work voluntarily, which I sometimes find hard to believe with Jimmy Wales begging for Like £1,000,000 a year) to bring a free service to better our lives.

They're merely trying to recreate a game that they, and a large community once enjoyed without the intention of profit... Can you believe it?

Edited by Tristal

Err local bank robber? Do you live in the wild west or something?

And to be fair, Sony are the only ones that really did the "ripping off" by "changing" the game... Made a horrible mistake with it, kind of admitted that mistake but chose to do little about it.

When you steal someone's work thats theft. You can try and justify it but you are not paying lucas arts nor the people who created the art and 100s of other people who did the work you decided to steal. Just because you dont like how the game went doesnt give you the right to steal. Granted they prob do not even care but do not try and act like this is some noble deed. Its theft plain and simple.

When you steal someone's work thats theft. You can try and justify it but you are not paying lucas arts nor the people who created the art and 100s of other people who did the work you decided to steal. Just because you dont like how the game went doesnt give you the right to steal. Granted they prob do not even care but do not try and act like this is some noble deed. Its theft plain and simple.

SWG Doesn't run anymore, SWGEmu is making no profit from their recreation. Is it really so wrong of them to just try and recreate a game people once loved? What they're doing really doesn't hinder SOE or LucasArts in any way... Kind of like Robin Hood, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor and I'm sure you'll still sit there and say "Well it's still theft" but thats look at it in black and white, ignorantly when in reality there are many more colours to the picture... In a lot of peoples eyes.

Edited by Tristal

You probably dont agree with fanart either.

Whatever. You just dont understand. No point in arguing it.

I was then thinking something similar, like if someone painted a beautiful portrait that not everyone got to see, is it wrong to enrich those peoples lives by repainting that art? Just so others can enjoy it? And yeah life is too short to really argue about it and it's gone really off topic now hah so i'll try keep shtum rather than act like a keyboard warrior.

SWG Doesn't run anymore, SWGEmu is making no profit from their recreation. Is it really so wrong of them to just try and recreate a game people once loved? What they're doing really doesn't hinder SOE or LucasArts in any way... Kind of like Robin Hood, stealing from the rich and giving to the poor and I'm sure you'll still sit there and say "Well it's still theft" but thats look at it in black and white, ignorantly when in reality there are many more colours to the picture... In a lot of peoples eyes.

So all the sudden since SWG closed the whole star wars franchise is up for grabs? Whats next you guys going to start selling star wars toys? I mean lucas stopped making some of the original so is it so wrong to try and take what they made? It is 100% black and white. You guys do not own anything. Everything you are making was stolen from a company who decided to switch companies to Bioware.

So to answer your question yes stealing is wrong.

Look at his post history. All he really does is disagree with everyone and defend Bioware.

They do not have the resources for the potential thousands that want to transfer now. What do you want, a transfer seating chart to where they might not even get to your character for a couple of months anyway?

Why are you arguing when you clearly have no relevant knowledge about systems? Some of us here handle stuff way more complex and touchy than this for a living and we now how much of a sorry excuse "not having the technology" is.

Edited by sensiblepoast