I just hit 50, now what? Tank hybrid PvP

Noimnot

Hi all I just hit 50 and had a few questions about priority for gearing up. Im currently 16/25/0 and Ive read that the best setup for BM is to use the 2 pieces of tanking set for the bonus. But Im not sure which to pieces to buy so that I can still have max damage from my other pieces. Also in what order do i buy them? And lastly I read that this spec can still tank HM Fp's quiete well as long as I have a tanking set. Whats the best way to gear up if im just hitting 50?

Remember that you can swap mods and enhancements out of the BM shells (have to keep using the shells to get the set bonus), so don't worry so much about optimizing the choice with your other pieces. Just select your pieces to replace your current worst piece of gear, and target set bonuses. I think if you've got Stasis Mastery the best bet is 2 Vindicator (8% self-heal on Guardian Leap) and 2 War Leader (for +1sec stasis).

The best way to gear up is still running dailies... there are a lot of them now (Corellia, Ilum, Belsavis...). You'll be able to pick up mods and armorings quite quickly, and make money, which you can use to buy Recruit gear for PvP (until you've gotten enough comms to get BM). Running Story Mode Operations will also get you geared quite fast, but you obviously would need to find a group to run with.

Concur, this is pretty much what I do.

16/25 for Stasis Mastery OH-slash+F-rush/C-Awe

3 pcs Vindicator and 2 pcs War leader.

Works just fine in both PvP and PvE, I find it to be the perfect blend of damage, protection and mobility.

Concur, this is pretty much what I do.

16/25 for Stasis Mastery OH-slash+F-rush/C-Awe

3 pcs Vindicator and 2 pcs War leader.

Works just fine in both PvP and PvE, I find it to be the perfect blend of damage, protection and mobility.

Are you saying you use 2 piece war leader without switching to vindicator mods? I look forward to the long gear grind just like WoW again. ;)