Discussion Regarding April 27th, 2012 Maintenance

fushnchips

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Arguing about what might be fixed, or what should be fixed, or what definitely will be fixed in these unscheduled downtimes is pointless.

History (for this game) has shown us that it's most likely going to be something irrelevant or associated with Free-weekenders.

The point should be that if there's something serious enough to deploy that can't wait until the next scheduled maintenance window, why isn't it serious enough to deploy immediately?

I mean, if they can wait until 2AM CDT and piss off the same group of people they do this to every single time this happens, why can't it wait until the next scheduled maintenance?

It's clearly not important enough to disrupt the people playing right now, so why can't it just wait?

1. Kephes encounter no longer spawns extra bombers npc's after vehicle is defeated.

2. Several incidents where users crashed to desk top were fixed.

3. PVP Matches will once again end early if there are not enough players on opposing team.

4. Companions will now spawn proper stats based on all of their items that are currently equipped.

5. Nightmare Pilgrim can now be triggered again.

6. Sound issues where multiple sound events caused the sound driver to become ineffectual have been fixed.

7. Taunlet pets that were given away to players now have a name.

8. Denova storymode has been made easier, Previous storymode of Denova is now the Hard Mode and the Hard Mode is now labelled Nightmare Mode.

9. An activation timer which can be interrupted has been added to the 2nd boss fight in Lost Island.

1. Kephes encounter no longer spawns extra bombers npc's after vehicle is defeated.

3. PVP Matches will once again end early if there are not enough players on opposing team.

4. Companions will now spawn proper stats based on all of their items that are currently equipped.

6. Sound issues where multiple sound events caused the sound driver to become ineffectual have been fixed.

8. Denova storymode has been made easier, Previous storymode of Denova is now the Hard Mode and the Hard Mode is now labelled Nightmare Mode.

9. An activation timer which can be interrupted has been added to the 2nd boss fight in Lost Island.

Are you a wizard?

bets on the maintenance is to solve to spreading of the Rakghoul plague that for some reason they couldn't foresee it will forever spread due to one person can infect multiple players every time they blow up, and with pvp being the place where u die the most around other ppl, it cannot go away.

And who cares anyhow, makes me go to bed and get ready for 60 hours of GW2 this weekend. Redbull, pixie stix, caffeine pills and loads of Cheetos.

Good thing i took Monday off to cause i wont function after this

And I would fall off my chair if they put in Rated, but not bloody likely since the false inflation of servers due to afk farming of DNA has passed and WZ's are longer ques as it is.

I look forward to your disappointment post.

no video game offers an EULA to be signed before purchase so your argument is invalid.

And my understanding that's ALSO the reason no video game EULA has ever stood up in court.

Since the patch on 4/24, people using windows 7 64 bit have been crashing to the desktop every time they try to go through loading screens or for me just every 10 mins or so randomly. They broke the game with the latest patch, and I bet thats whats gonna get fixed.

Curious. Not to say you're lieing, but that's exactly what I'm running on, so it certainly isn't an "everybody" on that platform problem. That being said, popping over to the support forum, there's a post saying:

Hello,

We’ve received several reports about users with 32-bit Windows that are crashing to desktop more frequently with the release of Game Update 1.2. We are very aware of this issue and wanted to let you all know that we are actively addressing the problems.

You’ll see the first of these updates beginning with our 1.2.2 patch and we’ll continue to address problems as they arise.

Thank you for your patience.

So, uhm, yeah. Looks like this patch, (whitch assuming I can count right, will be 1.2.2... assuming it isn't 1.2.1b) will be helping to fix a 32 bit crash issue.

I look forward to your disappointment post.

I look forward to seeing you in Guild Wars 2 after you watch my sons stream all weekend at Redeye Gamer Live Stream (not mine cause I had to chose only enough bandwidth for one outgoing stream in HD)

Rest of the time during the week when no BWE from GW2 is going on he streams most time 6pm till 2 am MST on SWTOR PvP on Saber of Exar Kun server. (formaly bate_asotv on twitchtv)

Feel free to Subscribe for free to his channel and live stream from GW2 or SWTOR. Having game card and game code giveaway to be stated by details released tonight on his stream Bio

Edited by Xeox

And who cares anyhow, makes me go to bed and get ready for 60 hours of GW2 this weekend. Redbull, pixie stix, caffeine pills and loads of Cheetos. Good thing i took Monday off to cause i wont function after this.

This illustrates rather well why the count of concurrent players is dropping. It's not because subscriptions are dropping, it's because after the initial excitement wears off, people no longer do the above.

How many hours did you play during the first two weeks of SWTOR?

This illustrates rather well why the count of concurrent players is dropping. It's not because subscriptions are dropping, it's because after the initial excitement wears off, people no longer do the above.

How many hours did you play during the first two weeks of SWTOR?

He will not like GW2 either watch. :)

I don't have an issue with downtimes to fix things. I don't even have an issue (much) of it happening during my primetime (I'm Oceanic). What I do have an issue with is them doing it on a Friday night for us here in Oceania, and its starting to happen consistently.

If you're going to release a 'worldwide' service with a global client, you have to do your utmost to ensure that you try not to inconvenience your players too much. I'm currently not happy with the level of service being provided with these Friday maintenances. I expect my favourite form of entertainment to be available to play on a Friday evening at the end of a long working week and I don't think that's too much to ask.

Yes yes NA trolls, I know. If I don't like it, quit. Well I figure Bioware would prefer it if I come here and state my unhappiness with the service first rather than up and quitting straight away.

I guess all I can say is that people need to get a grip. If not being able to play one night for 4 hours is a game breaker thats really sad if you think about it. Go outside for 4 hrs. Get a date. Something you can do for 4 hours. I like taking long hot baths personally.

Every week 2 times a week at peak times we are losing 4hours of play and bioware can't even put a note what maintenance is required they are just lazy they know why the servers are going down now why can't they tell us before the work is done because we are all paying to play and when they do this on a Friday night when lots of people are off work it sucks.

i wish that you could learn how to formulate a proper sentence during your nightly downtime.

Stop dreaming, they probably try to fix one thing of that list, and will fail again.

might be fixing the crash to desktop many players are having since tuesday's patch... kind of a big deal for many so lets hope that's the reason.

We can only hope, did it to me in the middle of fighting the last boss for an area quest last night.

I don't have an issue with downtimes to fix things. I don't even have an issue (much) of it happening during my primetime (I'm Oceanic). What I do have an issue with is them doing it on a Friday night for us here in Oceania, and its starting to happen consistently.

If you're going to release a 'worldwide' service with a global client, you have to do your utmost to ensure that you try not to inconvenience your players too much. I'm currently not happy with the level of service being provided with these Friday maintenances. I expect my favourite form of entertainment to be available to play on a Friday evening at the end of a long working week and I don't think that's too much to ask.

Yes yes NA trolls, I know. If I don't like it, quit. Well I figure Bioware would prefer it if I come here and state my unhappiness with the service first rather than up and quitting straight away.

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

This and only this, the end.

I feel exactly the same as this you mate. Consistently taking servers down on Friday evening between 5pm and 10pm has never happened with any other new MMO I have played, despite what some posters in this forum will have you believe, new MMOs do not do this as a norm and nor should they.

I am a very unhappy customer at the moment.

I guess all I can say is that people need to get a grip. If not being able to play one night for 4 hours is a game breaker thats really sad if you think about it. Go outside for 4 hrs. Get a date. Something you can do for 4 hours. I like taking long hot baths personally.

It happens to us Oceanic players all the time, why bother giving us our own servers and continually shut them down during our prime time. Just doesn't make sense.

We need to move to staggered downtimes for the three major zones. These are legitimate complaints, particularly from Oceanic and West Coast US players. Midnight is when a lot of gamers, particularly those who work night jobs, get started. The servers are physically located in the zones they service. This shouldn't be that hard.

I suspect that part of what's being patched may be exploitable. If BW were to patch different servers at different times, news of the exploit would surely spread to un-patched servers. I'm sure they've given plenty of thought to the ideal time to make patches and how to minimize the adverse effects to the community at large.

So much anger by people not living in The United States of America. I get pretty upset reading how we "Americans" think we're the center of the universe, etc. How self-centered is the player who, for a small monthly fee, feels he's entitled to know all the inner workings of a massive gaming company and how it affects him personally? How about the guy who claims to understand BioWare's product better than the developers? So yeah, go ahead and unload all of your angst on us -- we've got broad shoulders and we've proved it many times over. Just don't get so full of yourselves that you think you can just spout off every passing insane thought in an attempt to feel better about yourselves without our noticing or perhaps even becoming offended.

BTW, the Americas are continents, and while I know what you buffoons mean by Self-Centered-Americans, your "superior intellect" should help you understand the difference between Americans and United States citizens, unless you're also indicting Canadians, Mexicans, and anyone else living in the Americas.