Feedback on hyper-mobile PvP hybrid build

Zaodon

Hi all,

I am shooting for (pun intended) the most mobile (i.e. least dependent on Cover) PvP build. So, I am ok with less DPS if I get more mobility, but I don't want to be useless in the DPS area. Anyway, here is what I came up with:

3/13/25

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#4000cZrcMzoMZGbbkrru0M.1

Please give feedback if you PvP a lot and have experience to share.

The build you posted is very weak, tbh. You made a couple of poor utility choices and you don't have any strong single target burst skills.

The first thing you need to do though, is remove the mentality that cover is bad. Takes some getting used to, yeah. Sometimes inconvenient, yep. But cover in general is awesome. Cover means you can't be interrupted, charged, or pulled. We're the hardest dps class to disrupt in the game. Instead of trying to avoid using it, learn to love it and you'll be a better Sniper.

As for a build that's less cover dependent, try this instead.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400ZrI0boRbZGbbkrMhd.1

It picks up a lot of the talents you were looking at, plus Cull so that you have a strong single target attack. You can do most of your skills while on the move. You'll be using Corrosive Dart/Grenade while moving to set up your Culls, and your Interrogation Probe and Frag Grenades will hit -very- hard in this build (I was getting 2.5k Frag Grenade crits against light armor before WH gear).

Cull -can- be used out of cover, but you should NEVER use Cull out of cover if you can help it. Cull hits like a truck, but it's expensive and has a long set up time, so having one interrupted is a huge loss. Simply dropping into cover first guarantees that you'll get the full duration of your Cull barring a stun or knockback, and if your cover bar Cull hotkey matches your main bar (or if you don't use a cover bar) then there's no ability lag while your bars switch. Generally though, you'll just drop into cover long enough to do Cull and maybe an Explosive Probe or SoS, then start moving again.

Learn to love Cover, you'll be glad you did =p

Edited by Veala

The build you posted is very weak, tbh. You made a couple of poor utility choices and you don't have any strong single target burst skills.

The first thing you need to do though, is remove the mentality that cover is bad. Takes some getting used to, yeah. Sometimes inconvenient, yep. But cover in general is awesome. Cover means you can't be interrupted, charged, or pulled. We're the hardest dps class to disrupt in the game. Instead of trying to avoid using it, learn to love it and you'll be a better Sniper.

As for a build that's less cover dependent, try this instead.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#400ZrI0boRbZGbbkrMhd.1

It picks up a lot of the talents you were looking at, plus Cull so that you have a strong single target attack. You can do most of your skills while on the move. You'll be using Corrosive Dart/Grenade while moving to set up your Culls, and your Interrogation Probe and Frag Grenades will hit -very- hard in this build (I was getting 2.5k Frag Grenade crits against light armor before WH gear).

Cull -can- be used out of cover, but you should NEVER use Cull out of cover if you can help it. Cull hits like a truck, but it's expensive and has a long set up time, so having one interrupted is a huge loss. Simply dropping into cover first guarantees that you'll get the full duration of your Cull barring a stun or knockback, and if your cover bar Cull hotkey matches your main bar (or if you don't use a cover bar) then there's no ability lag while your bars switch. Generally though, you'll just drop into cover long enough to do Cull and maybe an Explosive Probe or SoS, then start moving again.

Learn to love Cover, you'll be glad you did =p

Isn't Cull only 10m range though? I don't see the value in that when the entire point of a sniper is 30+ meter range. Maybe you can give me tips on why Cull and other 10m range skills are still good. Are you just acquiescing to people being on top of you?

Isn't Cull only 10m range though? I don't see the value in that when the entire point of a sniper is 30+ meter range. Maybe you can give me tips on why Cull and other 10m range skills are still good. Are you just acquiescing to people being on top of you?

The calculator isn't taking into account the passive you get at level 10 for choosing the Sniper AC called Advanced Targeting.

http://www.torhead.com/ability/avApigL/advanced-targeting