Sniper Buffs!

Lithy

• Replies 93
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd like to know what you Snipers are doing to get Bioware to buff you. Make a thread on the Sorcerer forums with your tricks so we can do them too.

These were planned and announced prior to 1.2's release. They stated they were coming, but didn't make it into the main patch.

With a quick look...

It's about a 4% total DPS increase for marksman since snipe, followthrough, ambush, takedown, and SoS make up the vast majority of their DPS. Minimal impact on Lethality and moderate impact on engineering.

Overall, the snipe change is very welcome. It was a pretty poor skill before in terms of damage/energy. This makes it more attractive.

Good start but we are still the weakest class defensively. Way to easy to lock down a sniper.
I don't have trouble defensively - we've been over this a thousand times in the forums. We may lack some across-the-board utility, but if you can use your CP, LS, FB, etc. consistently, as well a Entrench, BS, and SP, you can remain fairly solid for enough time for your team to get to you. I'm speaking PvP here of course, in PvE you should be leveraging aggro drop and managing your aggro to your tank.

I just don't think we're as weak defensively as so many say.

Good start but we are still the weakest class defensively. Way to easy to lock down a sniper.

Most classes can be locked down.Try playing a merc and then come talk to me about the weakest defensive class.Snipers have numerous ways of getting out of trouble.

Snipers aren't the strongest class but they do offer a good amount of tools in the toolbox to survive even though they do have a couple of glaring weaknesses.

I chose to be a sniper over my merc and I'm not looking back, I'm having a blast.

Useless buff is useless... Marksman is not viable for PvE-operations due to their bad energy-regen and Lethality-Snipers are still 100-150 DPS behind Sorcs in raids.

If anything they need to buff Cull, Weakening Blast and Corrosive Grenade.

I didn't read the notes before logging in. I got a pop and was like "wow these guys seem squishier" with my ambush and series of shots hitting harder. Crazy thing is I was bored of lethality a few days ago and swapped to MM, I think I am stickin this time.

Useless buff is useless... Marksman is not viable for PvE-operations due to their bad energy-regen and Lethality-Snipers are still 100-150 DPS behind Sorcs in raids.

I'll disagree with you on marksman being useless in pve. My guild was within top 10 clearing HM EC with two marauders, and two of us snipers as marksman spec at the time. A little extra damage to MM's main abilities is welcome.

I'll disagree with you on marksman being useless in pve. My guild was within top 10 clearing HM EC with two marauders, and two of us snipers as marksman spec at the time. A little extra damage to MM's main abilities is welcome.

It doesn't matter in the laughably easy Ops, but my Sorc easily out-DPS my Sniper and even my Merc is doing allmost the same DPS as my Sniper.

I'm just comparing characters I play myself, and my Sniper is the most useless DD in an operation, especially when skilled as MM.

If you have energy regen issues as MM you are doing it wrong.

I play lethality now , but never had to even look at energy when I played MM.

In my experience the difference between any MM spec and Lethality post-1.2 is a lot more than 5%. While this is a step in the right direction, I think Lethality is still ahead of the other specs.

My initial tests show MM to be up around 1350ish now on the target dummy, but my lethality spec is still about 100 dps higher, around 1450-1500 dps. I need to do more tests to really confirm this. Part of the problem with my testing is the fact that this patch does buff Lethality too in a small way, primarily with SoS, so this patch helps all snipers but does not close the gap between MM and Lethality as much as you might expect.

... so this patch helps all snipers but does not close the gap between MM and Lethality as much as you might expect.

The patch was likely aimed at addressing the damage reduction snipers get from armor debuffs not stacking, rather than trying to change talent tree balances and such.