New Race Hint?

Sleggar

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yay to another human race with different tattoos and hair colour..

anotherhumanvariationyaycantwait!

I hope we don't get to many more 'alien' races that are identical in every way to human's except for skin colour/tattoo's/face paint etc.

Because that would kinda suck.

Not that i expect to see any races that stray from the basic humanoid appearance, ie i have no doubt all races we get to play will stand upright on two legs with two arms and a head :p

Also i wouldn't expect to be able to play as anything that can't speak basic.

But adding an extra slider like say in cyborg and calling its a different race is somewhat lame (regardless whether or not races like that exist in star wars, which i am well aware that they do, for whatever dumb reason)

[Edit:]- Prepares for the rage this post may likely attract!

Edited by DZid

I suppose they could have a placeholder image for the character's portrait that they have had since early development, but I thought it was interesting since the hint and graphic of the rest of the actionbar are both post 1.2.

Nice catch. You're right, since the hint is post-1.2, that makes me more curious to see if your theory is right.

So long as i have seen, they already had done, in the form of "secondary characters" or "enemies" (that are fully humanoid, two legs, two arms and a mouth):

Rodians

Biths

Cathar

Ithorians

Wookies

Devaronians

Jawas

Gamorreans

Geonosian

Ughnaughts

Neimoidians

Duros

Trandoshan

Chagrians

Niktos

And sure much more i don't remember...

WHY CAN'T WE PLAY THEM????????

Speak Basic? Come on it would be even EASIER to do a hundred of "wookie lines" just combining a dozen sounds!!

And a lot of the species i have posted here CAN speak basic normally!!!

So long as i have seen, they already had done, in the form of "secondary characters" or "enemies" (that are fully humanoid, two legs, two arms and a mouth):

Rodians

Biths

Cathar

Ithorians

Wookies

Devaronians

Jawas

Gamorreans

Geonosian

Ughnaughts

Neimoidians

Duros

Trandoshan

Chagrians

Niktos

And sure much more i don't remember...

WHY CAN'T WE PLAY THEM????????

Speak Basic? Come on it would be even EASIER to do a hundred of "wookie lines" just combining a dozen sounds!!

And a lot of the species i have posted here CAN speak basic normally!!!

I call BS, when have you ever seen a Jawa's mouth.

After I got over my love affair with my sith character i went to make an alt and I absolutely loathe the character creator now. For the love of all things SW please add some more race options that aren't muscle bound fat guy, tall guy, medium guy and skinny guy.

I want to play a wookie smuggler, I want to play a jawa tank. PLEASE.

that is all

After I got over my love affair with my sith character i went to make an alt and I absolutely loathe the character creator now. For the love of all things SW please add some more race options that aren't muscle bound fat guy, tall guy, medium guy and skinny guy.

I want to play a wookie smuggler, I want to play a jawa tank. PLEASE.

that is all

I want to be a Rodian smuggler, I was one in that "other" Star Wars MMO ;) if they could do it anyone can lol

It's not Bioware's fault George Lucas made most of the species in SW humanoids.

It IS Bioware's fault they picked some of the the lamest and least iconic races, while ignoring Mon Cal, Trandoshians, Rodians, Wookie, Sullustans, etc.

Most of them are already in the game, and just require a few more head options. All speak basic except wookies. The wookie voice can be dealt with the Czerka universal translator and just using the normal voice run through a filter (include an check box option for people who dont want a bunch of growls in the cut scenes). Trandoshians might require you hide the boots/gloves, but again, the model is in game and ready to go.

If whatever new race is just another recolored human...

It IS Bioware's fault they picked some of the the lamest and least iconic races, while ignoring Mon Cal, Trandoshians, Rodians, Wookie, Sullustans, etc.

Most of them are already in the game, and just require a few more head options. All speak basic except wookies. The wookie voice can be dealt with the Czerka universal translator and just using the normal voice run through a filter (include an check box option for people who dont want a bunch of growls in the cut scenes). Trandoshians might require you hide the boots/gloves, but again, the model is in game and ready to go.

If whatever new race is just another recolored human...

You are an SWG player? Arent you. Yes, those races are iconic, Admiral Ackbar, Bossk, Greedo, Chewbacca, now THOSE are Icons, and it would be nice to play characters similar to them, a BH Trandoshan would be nice =3

You are an SWG player? Arent you. Yes, those races are iconic, Admiral Ackbar, Bossk, Greedo, Chewbacca, now THOSE are Icons, and it would be nice to play characters similar to them, a BH Trandoshan would be nice =3

Yes, those races were iconic. While SWG had twi'leks for their fans, and nothing against the species mind you, how much screen time did Rodians get in the OT compared to Twi'leks? There were what, two of them in ROtJ? One was a freaky albino pervert and the other was Rancor-chow, yet Rodians were everywhere in the background and A wookie and a Mon Calamari had major roles.

I get Bioware saying that they would need unique stories, but why? Something tells me that's overthinking it a bit. A dialog blurb here and there would cover the differences without having to reinvent the wheel. What is weird and freaky to us is common and mundane in the Star Wars universe considering that even in TOR these species have been coexisting for thousands of years.

You seem to be thinking of Star TREK. Star Wars has a much more varied collection of alien species. Bioware simply did not choose to use any of them for playable species because story-wise it's more difficult for the typical player to relate to their character if it's not mostly humanoid.

Or so they say. IMO, if you arent likely to relate, you wont pick that race. But for those of us that do care, they should open up the options.

Or so they say. IMO, if you arent likely to relate, you wont pick that race. But for those of us that do care, they should open up the options.

IMO they simply didn't choose the other races for gear: they have done ONE kind of gear and had no way to adapt it, i am sure. I can't believe how my bounty hunter helmet makes look my LITTLE bounty hunter as a BOBBLE HEAD. That's because they designed ONE helmet. Have you seen how jedi robes make your MALE character look like if it has **** and female bottom???? They just did ONE. I feel like most of the problem it's been about hurry. Something like: leave it as it is, we don't have time for more adapted gear... or more voices for aliens... or more ALIENS, let's use some hairstyles and that's all.

• 2 weeks later...