Do You want cross server LFG tool?

Msicr

Actually rift went down because dungeon tool took too long, and they even had the balls to make it single server at first when it was needed to be cross server right away. But hey, let's just keep telling ourselves some more fairytales.

• Replies 409
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes, granted they add certain tools to keep the ninjas etc from running rampant.

Id also much rather have a cross server pvp queue.

For Operations they allready have system to combat that. Just a matter of making it that way for all cross server grp runs. And cross server LFG for PVP is allready in the works and coming soon.

The one and only. Rift went down the ******* as soon as the LFD came in. Dungeon nerfs for the bads, more nerfs, handing gear out to anyone who logs in.

Do not let your enjoyment of TOR be dependent on them adding a cross server LFG tool then. You will get disappointed and I predict they will eventually add one or lose a lot of subs. The feature ( no matter how bad some think it is. ) has been very successful in MMO's. With WoW, Rift and now even LOTRO having it. It is the trend for any MMO coming out in the future now.

I don't want a cross-server LFG, I want a server LFG, and server merges / transfers.

A tool to look for in-server people is truly positive, and strengthens that servers' community, you get to know them, befriend them, and even join / make guilds with them.

A tool to look for people anywhere in all servers is pointless, I'm not gonna befriend someone from another server.

I probably wouldn't either. But I'm more of a "we'll get the boss eventually, even if it's not until we overgear the encounter by a little bit." I just wanna have fun and let people play the way that makes most sense to their playstyle(provided they choose talents/skills that augment their style). If you wanna be a healer, don't take 5 points down that tree and 36 in DPS trees..... But I don't care if you aren't the cookie cutter spec, if it makes sense and you are performing that spec as good as it can go, then go for it. The difference won't mean THAT much either way. Edited by LexiCazam
Rude - quote

Do not let your enjoyment of TOR be dependent on them adding a cross server LFG tool then. You will get disappointed and I predict they will eventually add one or lose a lot of subs. The feature ( no matter how bad some think it is. ) has been very successful in MMO's. With WoW, Rift and now even LOTRO having it. It is the trend for any MMO coming out in the future now.

Sorry but no it was anything but successful in WoW and Rift it was a disaster.

Its why I stopped playing WoW with all the X server crap that ports you to the instance. WoW went from being a mmorpg to some type of loby game where you never leave the city and you just q for anything you want to do.

Also they nerf all the content for the dungeon finders and raid finders to the point that the game just about plays itself.

Rift on the other hand it wasnt so bad as wow as they have open world content with the rifts and some of the 5 mans have master modes that you cant q up for x server.

Even still the nefs to 5 man content when the dungeon finder came in was crazy in Rift and server pop seem to drop once they put one in as a lot of players didnt want one and the ones that did were wow players and they just went back to wow anyway so it was a very bad move on Trions part puting a x server tool in.

As for LOTRO from what I have read as I dont play the game people dont even use the thing.

Edited by lorelthesecond

Sorry but no it was anything but successful in WoW and Rift it was a disaster.

So the LFD in WoW was unsuccessful because you left? And it resulted in a disaster for them? Keep telling yourself that. It was such a disaster that they came out with a LFR.

Its why I stopped playing WoW with all the X server crap that ports you to the instance. WoW went from being a mmorpg to some type of loby game where you never leave the city and you just q for anything you want to do.

It's personal choice if people want to stay in a city while in que. Don't blame a tool for others actions. Also, not everyone stays in the city while in que.

Also they nerf all the content for the dungeon finders and raid finders to the point that the game just about plays itself.

They nerf content months after release to allow the more hardcore to claim their prizes first (which is what hardcores mostly care about).

Yes, granted they add certain tools to keep the ninjas etc from running rampant.

Id also much rather have a cross server pvp queue.

Well, look how long Wow has a LFG and now LFR...and they still fail on the loot part.

So please no x-server LFG.

Well, look how long Wow has a LFG and now LFR...and they still fail on the loot part.

So please no x-server LFG.

I've geared out 4 toons on WoW using LFR and LFD since TOR came out. I've played TOR equally in that time too and have yet to run all the FPs. A bad loot system is better than no loot system at all.

So the LFD in WoW was unsuccessful because you left? And it resulted in a disaster for them? Keep telling yourself that. It was such a disaster that they came out with a LFR.

They nerf content months after release to allow the more hardcore to claim their prizes first (which is what hardcores mostly care about).

Actually they came out with LFR because end game raiding is the only model WoW has and they needed to get people who were struggling to raid into one. Those of us who didn't ever want to raid took the hint and left.

Since when do 'hardcores' care about loot in a dungeon/flashpoint. If you are talking about raids/operations the LFR has never been nerfed as I understand it because it was so easy in the first place.

Since when do 'hardcores' care about loot in a dungeon/flashpoint. If you are talking about raids/operations the LFR has never been nerfed as I understand it because it was so easy in the first place.

Ya, I wasn't talking about LFR there. Dungeons and Raids get nerfed down the road. It's Blizzards way of appeasing the hardcores upon release and than giving the Casuals a shot later.

Yes, oh please YES! Server only LFG tool would not help much. Server side LFG would still struggle to get a group together because of server population. And I don't think this will screw up the community, it will keep them together.

It's always fun to meet new people :D Maybe a cross-server friendslist would not be too bad either?

With Cross LFG it would be much easier to get at group together FAST!

Don't listen to the whiners Bioware. A Cross-Server LFG tool is much needed. :D

General Chat: LFG for HS!

*crickets*

General Chat: LFG for HS!!

*crickets*

General Chat: LFG for HS!!!!

*crickets*

/log

/logs back in

General Chat: LFG for HS

*crickets*

General Chat: LFG for HS!!

General Chat: (Spiffy) I'll go, I'm dps.

General Chat: LF2M Tank and Heals for HS

*crickets*