Stop changing my unify colours setting

Bomyne

I don't know if this is a bug or bad design decision, but I have all my armour/clothes unified to chest piece on all characters, but when I change an item, it removes the unify setting for that item or all items if it's the chest piece. I think it should stick and automatically unify if it's set that way.

Some people like to see what a new piece looks like "un-unified", so it's not really either a bug or a bad design decision. However, it wouldn't hurt to add an option to lock the unify setting.

That will not be the best way to do it

That will not be the best way to do it

I don't want to make a two word post just to ask "why not?" so I'm quoting you and saying that I don't want to make a two word post...

But hey, at least I'm not being snarky and saying "Thank you for that well reasoned post explaining why you think my idea is not a good one, that was very valuable input!", like some people would.

[edit] I mean, if you know that's not the best way to do it, you obviously must know what is the best way to do it?

Edited by JakkFrost

Some people like to see what a new piece looks like "un-unified", so it's not really either a bug or a bad design decision. However, it wouldn't hurt to add an option to lock the unify setting.

Maybe it's an oversight then. If it's intentional and not a bug, maybe it's an oversight that a lock wasn't added. I personally want my unify setting to be locked unless I manually change it.

Maybe it's an oversight then. If it's intentional and not a bug, maybe it's an oversight that a lock wasn't added. I personally want my unify setting to be locked unless I manually change it.
It's not an oversight. The developers mentioned this functionality, specifically, several times in the day leading to 1.2's implementation.

It's not an oversight. The developers mentioned this functionality, specifically, several times in the day leading to 1.2's implementation.

So what you're saying is that it's a bad design decision?

It's one of the two. Either it's an oversight and they didn't include it by mistake or it's a bad design decision and they did it on purpose because the current functionality is bad. I'm sorry but that's how I see it.

It's one of the two. Either it's an oversight and they didn't include it by mistake or it's a bad design decision and they did it on purpose because the current functionality is bad. I'm sorry but that's how I see it.
This may be your opinion, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. I think it's a good design, and warranted given the finalized state of the match to chest subsystem.

This may be your opinion, but that doesn't necessarily make it true. I think it's a good design, and warranted given the finalized state of the match to chest subsystem.

The function of the system is fine, I think what Bomyne means by oversight is the lack of an option to lock the unifying if the player so chooses.