having two effects on one key

MechaPakMei

Im not going to complain about not having macros, but could we have the ability to have two effects on one key?

For instance a jedi sentinel could have leap attack and sweep on the one key, as they are usually used together. If you are far away, it leap attacks, close and with focus, it sweeps.

You could then have a key that uses strike by default, and another key that uses slash by default as your "GOTO" keys, and when you build focus, you can trigger more powerful attacks on the same keys.

This would free up alot of space on your toolbar, and streamline combat.

So how about it? Does this sound like a good idea?

Im not going to complain about not having macros, but could we have the ability to have two effects on one key?

For instance a jedi sentinel could have leap attack and sweep on the one key, as they are usually used together. If you are far away, it leap attacks, close and with focus, it sweeps.

You could then have a key that uses strike by default, and another key that uses slash by default as your "GOTO" keys, and when you build focus, you can trigger more powerful attacks on the same keys.

This would free up alot of space on your toolbar, and streamline combat.

So how about it? Does this sound like a good idea?

Leap and sweep are actually not usually used together. If you do, then you are hurting yourself especially in PvP so I can't agree with that example. So far, I haven't missed having a macro option and I really don't think it's needed and this is coming from a player who had everything macro'd in WoW.

I should be more clear why you wouldn't use them together to help you understand. If you use your leap first, you can get knocked back immediately. If you just used Sweep, there goes that damage out the window. Leap should be used after your knockback or when someone is kiting and you need to close the gap.

He didn't say anything about using them at the same time. He wants to use them on the same key with a condition modifier check.

i.e. far away? press "y" to clear focus and press button 1 to leap.

need to sweep? press "x" to focus target, button 1 to sweep.