United Kingdom - Which retailers offer time codes in store?

Tikigit

I've decided to let my auto renewal expire and instead start using game time codes to ensure things like website maintenance don't end up seeing me billed for another 3 months if I decide at the last minute to take a break, but am curious if anyone in the UK knows what retailers still stock game time codes in the stores themselves and not just storing them in a warehouse, so I know what stores to try first?

I seem to recall just after launch GAME had boxes of time codes on display, but given the recent GAME group problems I am not at all confident they will still be offering them as I doubt they are reordering when existing stock has run out.

HMV offer the time codes on their website for delivery, but what they offer online to be shipped from a warehouse is different to what they offer in store... so anyone seen HMV stores have the time codes on display to buy?

Any other suggestions on larger retailers I am likely to find?

Will give the local store a try and see what ETA they can give me on ordering one, but unfortunately subscription is up for renewal today and was hoping to switch to time codes for the upcoming months... would be a shame to lose a few days or even a week of playing whilst waiting for the time card to arrive.

Sucks how the larger UK retailers shun time cards and PC gaming entirely nowadays... but will try my luck with various stores later today and see if I luck out and find somewhere with stock left over from the initial launch supply hype. :(

Edited by Tikigit

For any other brits who may find this useful, I popped into GameStation and they still had a healthy number of Game time cards on the shelf in the PC section right alongside the game. (So I grabbed two as who knows how long it will last. :p)

Can't speak for GameStation in other parts of the UK as it seems where DiabloDoom is they don't have any in stock, but the Bristol/Bath area still stock them in quite a few numbers for the time being.

Edited by Tikigit