Devs please explain where all the new schems are.

MosesMercury

What is rubbing salt in my wound is the fact that I AM getting schematics. The problem is that I am getting the same ones that I have already. Apparently, everyone on my servers have them too, because they don't sell on the market. :mad:

I would really like for a Dev to post and say whether the darn things are in game or not.

• Replies 268
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The only Gloves/Boots schematics that currently seem to exist are the pvp ones. So if you want Light armor, check out the Inquisitor/Counselor pvp vendors.

Thank you, I'll check those out. But since I don't pvp at all , I fear I won't be able to buy them or wear them because of some expertise/valor/rank whatever thingy.

What is rubbing salt in my wound is the fact that I AM getting schematics. The problem is that I am getting the same ones that I have already. Apparently, everyone on my servers have them too, because they don't sell on the market. :mad:

I would really like for a Dev to post and say whether the darn things are in game or not.

haha, yes, some schems seem to be common and everybody has them already. This morning saw some low and mid level schems selling for 500 ~ 1000, The ones that, apparentely, still sell good are augment ones

Not only that, but we were led to believe that Armormech and Synthweave would be getting Augment Recipes. We have had our slicers working overtime and still haven't found any. And I mean on the entire server.

i have already gotten every kind of augment schematic

Not only that, but we were led to believe that Armormech and Synthweave would be getting Augment Recipes. We have had our slicers working overtime and still haven't found any. And I mean on the entire server.

I thought that too, I do armormech and cybertech - I actually thought at least one of those would be able to craft augments. Oh and be able to reverse engineer them for schematics - but when I try to reverse engineer an augment with my armormech, it says I dont have the right crew skill to do it. Same for Cyber. =(

So the question remains, how the heck do you craft augments??

I thought that too, I do armormech and cybertech - I actually thought at least one of those would be able to craft augments. Oh and be able to reverse engineer them for schematics - but when I try to reverse engineer an augment with my armormech, it says I dont have the right crew skill to do it. Same for Cyber. =(

So the question remains, how the heck do you craft augments??

You get augment schematics (and their mats) through slicing missions. Or maybe I should say the other way around. Looking for augment mats (Slicing) you have a small chance of getting an augment schem.

I have been UT-ing for a few days now, and I have received lots of orange schematics, however they were all Synthweaving and as I am an Armormech, useless to me. Seriously, I have about 10 schematics in my bags which don't sell on the GTN. I haven't checked to see whether they are new (1.2) schematics, but I'm assuming they aren't, hence why noone is buying them.

Where are my Armormech schems???

I feel your pain. since lvl 10, my Armormech has only received maybe 10 Armor and the rest Synth.:mad: I have gotten so many Synth schems, I am more familiar with Synth armor than my armor:mad:

So, as of right now, i have not seen any new Orange Synth schems:)

Are any Synth's with UT getting the reverse problem? if so, we could work a deal;)

In my personal opinion, I think this entire function for augments is a dead end. I am a Synthweaver with Underworld Trading and Archeology crewskills. I read on the earlier patch notes that I would also be able to craft augments, but if I need to obtain them from drops or slicing missions, it is a completely failure as I can't slice and I've received no drops for them since the patch.

'Counterproductive' is the word that comes to mind with the way BW is changing things around. It appears someone is not thinking through the processes sufficiently enough to make sure the crafters who are supposed to be able to craft augments are "Allowed" access to those recipes in the first place.

In my personal opinion, I think this entire function for augments is a dead end. I am a Synthweaver with Underworld Trading and Archeology crewskills. I read on the earlier patch notes that I would also be able to craft augments, but if I need to obtain them from drops or slicing missions, it is a completely failure as I can't slice and I've received no drops for them since the patch.

[...]

It's easy and fast to get a toon to the point where you get a ship. That's around level 15, which means 2 deployables. With droids being "afectionable" now, and the ability to spam gifts, you can have 2 a max efficiency. I'm taking it a bit further and pushing a toon to 25 (you still level fast) to get a 3rd deployable companion (the cheap 2nd tab in the cargo hall is also nice :) )

And even if you have 8 crafters on your server, with all the overlapping between gathering skills, dropping one to take Slicing to provide all the others with mats and schems, well, I don't see the harm in that.

Edited by wainot-keel

I think only the existing schematics are there for Underworld Trading. I have 112 of the 151 Repulic Modable schematics from UT so far. Not unexpected, the only thing I recall reading about them was that the rate to obtain them has increased.

I get them pretty reliably (1 in 5 maybe) on Moderate difficulty missions, and not on other difficulties. On our server at least few are systematically looking for them, as a result pretty much only tier 1 and tier 6 ones are typically sold on the GTN, as those are the tiers people often run Moderate missions. Tier 6 ones pretty much don't sell, and make up 90%+ of the modable schematics on the GTN. Tier 2-5 sell for pretty high prices.

Wish more people on the server ran Moderate missions, so I could buy as well as sell !

Sure you aren't confusing Underworld Tradeing with scavenging? There's no reason to have scavenging on a synthweaver.

Oh really? Except for all of the METAL required in some of the synthweaving recipes? Herp!

I too would like to know where these new schems are for orange gear as well as why we are not able to RE drops and campaign gear to learn the schems. This is what we were told we could do: "Armormech crafters may now reverse engineer almost any modifiable outfit into an empty custom (orange) shell of the same name and appearance". Personally i am sick of being lied to about what they say they are adding/doing. Many things that Bioware said they would add/do in 1.2 were not added/done with these schems only being part of it. Now, I love this game and the potential it has but this is getting down right rediculous. Not only are we not seeing these additions, we dont seem to be worthy of a dev response to our concerns either. Would it be too much for you to asnwer some of these questions since you clearly owe us an explanation? Between all of us subscribers we are paying more than enough to have our concerns addressed. We asked where these schems were and where our ability to RE went and have been met with silence. The community deserves some answers. Edited by Xxantak

Yeah, getting agitated a little. During beta, there were a lot of threads asking for an appearance tab. I was all for this modification system. I could see how wonderful it would be if implemented correctly. After the past couple months, I just want to say I am sorry to all those who argued for appearance tab. You were right.

Oh really? Except for all of the METAL required in some of the synthweaving recipes? Herp!

You mean those higher level ugly looking and more expensive orange armors?

Yeah, I'll stick with what I said. No reason to have scavenging on a synthweaver.

I've read many of you asking where the new schematics are, and I was wondering myself until I began grinding my missions skills the other day. Yesterday I got orange moddable schematics for lightsabers and double lightsabers (got them from both Investigation and Treasure Hunting), several new armor recipes from UT, and from Investigation I got recipes for orange blasters, assault cannon and vibro blade - all within a few hours of doing missions. I know I probably hit a lucky streak, but I just wanted to say to those of you who are frustrated with the lack of new recipes - keep running missions, the new recipes are in the game :) Edited by Redskiesrpg

They're asking specificaly about armormech & synthweaving recipies. We already know they added a bunch of weapon (force and non-force) orange schematics.

So far, you are the ONLY one reporting new armormech/synthweaving recipies from UT. And I for one strongly suspect that while they are new to YOU, they are not actually new in general, just that YOU hadn't seen them before.

I've read many of you asking where the new schematics are, and I was wondering myself until I began grinding my missions skills the other day. Yesterday I got orange moddable schematics for lightsabers and double lightsabers (got them from both Investigation and Treasure Hunting), several new armor recipes from UT, and from Investigation I got recipes for orange blasters, assault cannon and vibro blade - all within a few hours of doing missions. I know I probably hit a lucky streak, but I just wanted to say to those of you who are frustrated with the lack of new recipes - keep running missions, the new recipes are in the game :)

Can you give us the names of some of these armortech and synthweaving schematics so that we can verify that they were new with 1.2?

Edited by Karl-Just-Karl

I've gotten tons of the elegant assault guns/blaster pistols/sniper rifles from investigation.

I'm looking for the elegant modified assault cannon - would you mind sharing exactly which grade level investigation mission you were running to get it and were you doing it for the researched compounds or companion gifts?

I'm looking for the elegant modified assault cannon - would you mind sharing exactly which grade level investigation mission you were running to get it and were you doing it for the researched compounds or companion gifts?

I got one too, mine was from a tier 6 compound mission. I am pretty sure the custom ones are from tier 1.

Experiment with some low level scavenging missions, I got one orange synthweaving (light armor) schematic that looks like the comm chest on Tython. I crafted the augmented version on the second try. At first I tried to sell it but no one was buying so I threw it on my lowbie. (From archeology btw)

(I think this is what is being asked in this thread, it's kind of confusing)

Is it Scavenging or Archaeology??? I mean those are 2 different professions...