Remove the rakghoul plague now

Standing around in a Rest/ Safe Zone on a PvE server waiting to setonate ain't the same as out flowers at the airport. The latter makes some uneasy, so the former will more likely be problematic.

Did they know they would spoil my play? How would I know, as they did not ask; they simply did it. Griefing happens....

Those bastards were just standing around waiting to explode just when you walked by. They should have known you would come around, and therefore should have left to make sure your poor character didn't catch a cold. What heartless jerks. At the very least they should have asked if they could continue to stand there when you walked up.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Standing around in a Rest/ Safe Zone on a PvE server waiting to setonate ain't the same as out flowers at the airport. The latter makes some uneasy, so the former will more likely be problematic.

Did they know they would spoil my play? How would I know, as they did not ask; they simply did it. Griefing happens....

Um... what?

Sure, a big group of glowing green people standing on the fleet intermittently exploding did not ask you if it would spoil your play. I will concede that point. However, while I can understand it might be difficult to spot said group, did you try to avoid them? I know I haven't had any trouble avoiding the plague parties that have sprung up, when I chose to do so.

I'm also curious how much grief this causes you? The game play mechanics are pretty minor in terms of their affect. I can certainly understand the RP implications, people don't like the fact that you can "work the system".... though, keeping with the theme of irony... wouldn't asking the mechanics to be changed sort of meta gaming the system also? Not sure how that fits in with the whole RP thing.

Edited by Dralanna

Remember some people just don't like this event and there is no reason to cricitize them that don't.

I hate rakghouls and nothing in this event is fun for me so I don't do it. I do not want a rakghoul pet at all.

My time is very limited and having to deal with a infection I do not hve time is something I rather not do.

In addition the lagging on the fleet is horrible.

Yes I know some of you like this and that is great for you but remember there are some that don't. Try giving them the same consideration you want.

I am glad that some of you like it and I have been avoiding the fleet because of the reasons I mentioned.

Cricitizing somone for not liking something is not right. People have different tastes and that what makes the game interesting.

I agree it would be easier if the ones that have no interest in getting infected had a way of not becoming infected but from what I understand there isn't.

I am not saying stop this because I know people like it but show a little consideration for everyone, those that like it and those that dont'.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

If it was restricted to PvP and since we can't access the other faction's Fleet/Capitol planets - just how would the plague spread from planet to planet? (which seems to be what Bioware wants to happen)

Dunno where the PvP areas would be on a PvE server, but I might start looking outside safe Zones as a starter.... :cool:

Remember some people just don't like this event and there is no reason to cricitize them that don't.

I hate rakghouls and nothing in this event is fun for me so I don't do it. I do not want a rakghoul pet at all.

My time is very limited and having to deal with a infection I do not hve time is something I rather not do.

In addition the lagging on the fleet is horrible.

Yes I know some of you like this and that is great for you but remember there are some that don't. Try giving them the same consideration you want.

I am glad that some of you like it and I have been avoiding the fleet because of the reasons I mentioned.

Cricitizing somone for not liking something is not right. People have different tastes and that what makes the game interesting.

I agree it would be easier if the ones that have no interest in getting infected had a way of doing that but from what I understand there isn't.

I am not saying stop this because I know people like it but show a little consideration for everyone, those that like it and those that dont'.

You can completely avoid it by buying a 6 hour vaccine for 2k (or acquire it through the quests, but you don't seem like you'd want to do that). The alternative is to let the plague take its course and only be affected for a few seconds every 5 minutes or so, and eventually explode. Surely you can spare a few seconds of your playtime here and there.

As long as a 6 hour immunity stim remains easily purchasable for almost no credits at all from nearly every medical droid in existence, this is not griefing.

2K does not equal almost none, esp to a PC with only 6k total. Hence, my original complaint.

I do not use Chat except for Companion translations and emotes; not interested in Social play; less motivated to try it now.

And again, some like myself may not be aware that Death was to be profitably exploited; thought the point was to evade Death. I have buckets of Commendations that are unusable already, and do not require more.

Lolwhut? Why are you playing a MMO then? I'll admit I'm not a social butterfly but how do you do FP and heroics?

2K does not equal almost none, esp to a PC with only 6k total. Hence, my original complaint.

1) What level are you?

2) How do you only have 6k?

I'll admit, I drop under that w/ heavy spending, but about 10 minutes later, I'm up well past that, even on my semi-low characters...

It is quite horrible that you were forced to participate in a server wide event, in which a deadly plague is spreading across populated space. Simply horrible.

Nope; the horrible part is being forced. Period.

Events are fun; being Griefed is not.

Majority = correct? :rolleyes:

Events are good; Griefing bad.

Damn right the majority is correct and they're loving this event. Do a search on Tatooine on your server, you'll see. Look at the pile of people on the fleet trying to get infected, it's fun embrace it.

Right. So you lose about 1-2 minutes (depending when you die and respawn) at most and then you go on your merry way and get 5 DNA sample that you DON'T want and just toss on GTN (which again take another 1-2 minutes depending where you are)

can you not spare 5 minutes to make the money to BUY a stim and then ignore the event? is 5 minutes play make THAT much of a difference? (depending on your planet 5 minutes is just pure travel time now it is travel time + money maker)

So I'm baffled.

Majority = correct? :rolleyes:

Events are good; Griefing bad.

Just because an event affects the playerbase does not mean it is griefing.

If you had to opt in to the event (which you do by exposing yourself to Tatooine or the Fleet), then there would not be much "threat" to the playerbase.

Nope; the horrible part is being forced. Period.

Events are fun; being Griefed is not.

Again you are not forced... higher level players tend to gladly give the vaccines away for FREE if you just ask for them. Then you can completely avoid it if you want.

Dunno where the PvP areas would be on a PvE server, but I might start looking outside safe Zones as a starter.... :cool:

While the Fleet and Coruscant are "safe" from PvP - the only real "safe" zone during the world event is your ship.

Yeah, the people in my raid group last night on Toth and Zorn kept making me die and have to repair. Darn griefers. :rolleyes:

Fyi, you didn't have to buy the vaccine you chose to.

Your right; my choices at that time were to either spend 2k or ???

Again, being forced into that decision was griefing.

What a dumb statement. you spend literally 10 sec rezzing and get 5 items you can sell for 10-50k together depending of server.

Making lots of money for o work at all.

The people in this thread surely are a sad bunch.

"BW turn of a event that millions enjoy because i am an egoistic *** that only cares about me.

Spending 10 sec calling a medical probe?!? unplayable, getting 50k worth of items for those 10 sec is not important, i do not want anyone around me havinf fun."

Now you know. You know people are trying to detonate and spread the plague - mostly for the DNA but also for the Daily quest to infect 10 other players. Protecting yourself against the plague is rudimentary, it's easy. I wish there was immunity stims to prevent real life inventions - I'd willingly pay the 5 bucks (which is what 2000 credits feels like) to keep from getting the common cold, allergies or the stomach flu.