Remove the rakghoul plague now

Nope; Safe Zones are supposed to be Safe, I believe. And I did vacinate and play elsewhere; still forced to participate by a Griefer.

It is quite horrible that you were forced to participate in a server wide event, in which a deadly plague is spreading across populated space. Simply horrible.

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I imagine a few are. So what?

Go and PvP - when you inevitably get killed while PvPing, you'll no longer have the plague.

You keep saying, "Reports are..." - do you have any first-hand dealing with this event?

Haven't qued since this started as I don't want to deal with it. I can completely understand why that may seem silly to you, but it's just something that is important to me as far as the game is concerned. I don't want to be infected EVER.

Edited by Sireene
quote of edited post

I still haven't had the infection progress past light-headed, and haven't been stunned in combat yet. This event has literally had 0 impact on me what-so-ever and I'm literally doing nothing differently than I normally do.Sounds like a problem of needing to grow up to me.

Actually that's a lie, I had to kill containment officers on the way to my ship :eek:

Somehow I managed to fly by them on my speeder. I have no idea how I got away with that.

You're safe for 6 hours, yay!

Besides, with the energy you have invested in this thread - I know you have more than a level 10 BH to have this sort of knowledge in the game. I suspect you have other characters with far more than the origin world starting credits. If not - then you need to be more concerned with getting away from the populated Fleet and getting out in the middle of the zones to experience your character's story quests. Even if you were infected with a stim, so what? you die one time 20 minutes later with no durability loss. You get 5 DNA to sell and then just carry on.

It's not like someone is going to be standing over your corpse, stealthed, out in the wilds of Dromund Kaas just waiting for you to rezz before they explode all over you again.

Yes; I have a 50th that is currently on hold in quarantine, as I wish nothing to do with this Event. And I did male one brief stop to Mail some credits to the BH in case more serum is needed.

Still, this does not alter the fact that my 10th was coerced into spending 2k for a serum that should have been uneeded. This is Griefing, and should be considered actionable if left to continue.

Haven't qued since this started as I don't want to deal with it. I can completely understand why that may seem silly to you, but it's just something that is important to me as far as the game is concerned. I don't want to be infected EVER.

Is it like a RP thing? Why are you so terrified of being infected that you are actually letting it ruin the game for you?

I'm glad we're getting this sorted out. It's not the mechanics of the plague and the world event that are ruining this game. It's whatever self-admittedly silly hang-ups you have.

Somehow I managed to fly by them on my speeder. I have no idea how I got away with that.

Yeah, I'm kind of wishing they were slightly more difficult. There is a major virus outbreak and they put two mobs in there that easily be nuked. Did they forget they had Sith Lords wandering the fleet?

I don't want to be infected EVER.

I want to roll a character on your server just to run up and explode all over you...

I'd just watch with delight knowing you were freaking out IRL because your character in a video game is all green and gooey, what a pitty,

Edited by Nakazia

Is it like a RP thing? Why are you so terrified of being infected that you are actually letting it ruin the game for you?

I'm glad we're getting this sorted out. It's not the mechanics of the plague and the world event that are ruining this game. It's whatever self-admittedly silly hang-ups you have.

Yes, it's RP. I'm sorry, but if a deadly plague that were going to turn me into a monster were about, I'd do my best to avoid it. My character will as well.

So ASK FOR A COUPLE IN GENERAL CHAT. On my server, we hand them out freely to the lower levels. We know they don't have a lot of cash. I have over 20 of em. if someone asks for one, I don't mind giving them one, and apparently it's the case on most servers. Those of us doing the dailies aren't really using them anyways lol. And if you see us just blowing up, you know we aren't using them.

And for those asking, what if BW is giving you a way for permanent vaccination... the Contamination Suits from the dailies. they are orange moddable. What if having one of those suits (complete set) grants you immunity. So next time, you don't even have to worry about it. not quite sure what the complete set will do. Won't know for a few more days.

And for those lower levels as well, if you get infected and explode, that's 5 dna samples. people WILL pay a minimum of 2k each (some will pay a lot more) for the samples. So that's at least 10k for 5 antidotes that last 6 hours a piece. Can't we just enjoy someting in the game for one :D

I do not use Chat except for Companion translations and emotes; not interested in Social play; less motivated to try it now.

And again, some like myself may not be aware that Death was to be profitably exploited; thought the point was to evade Death. I have buckets of Commendations that are unusable already, and do not require more.

Yeah, I'm kind of wishing they were slightly more difficult. There is a major virus outbreak and they put two mobs in there that easily be nuked. Did they forget they had Sith Lords wandering the fleet?

I found it kind of funny that the imperial marines thought it would be easier to kill a bunch of sith lords instead of simply administering the vaccine they have...

I didn't even get attacked. I saw 'em, got the "red circle", the droid moved to target and by that time, I was past the green barrier and at the door into "main level".

And that was on a little 90% speeder. I guess I just lucked out.

I think they made it that easy so as not to hinder people going about their business even if they happen to be infected. People are already complaining about something that does not hinder them at all. Imagine the complaints if there was an actual downside to the infection?

Yes; I have a 50th that is currently on hold in quarantine, as I wish nothing to do with this Event. And I did male one brief stop to Mail some credits to the BH in case more serum is needed.

Still, this does not alter the fact that my 10th was coerced into spending 2k for a serum that should have been uneeded. This is Griefing, and should be considered actionable if left to continue.

Yeah, the people in my raid group last night on Toth and Zorn kept making me die and have to repair. Darn griefers. :rolleyes:

Fyi, you didn't have to buy the vaccine you chose to.

Yeah, the people in my raid group last night on Toth and Zorn kept making me die and have to repair. Darn griefers. :rolleyes:

Fyi, you didn't have to buy the vaccine you chose to.

lol made everyone in the raid last night take the vaccine first.

I think they made it that easy so as not to hinder people going about their business even if they happen to be infected. People are already complaining about something that does not hinder them at all. Imagine the complaints if there was an actual downside to the infection?

Yes, very true, this is why I know it won't happen.

Yes, very true, this is why I know it won't happen.

I'm just waiting for the surprise announcement (you all like surprises, you've said) that anyone infected over X number of times loses 100 primary stat as longterm damage from the infection.:D

I do not use Chat except for Companion translations and emotes; not interested in Social play; less motivated to try it now.

And again, some like myself may not be aware that Death was to be profitably exploited; thought the point was to evade Death. I have buckets of Commendations that are unusable already, and do not require more.

It sounds like you were already avoiding people like the plague. BioWare noticed this and made the event just for you, to give you a real reason to avoid others. It's a shame you weren't better at it by now.

Yes, it's RP. I'm sorry, but if a deadly plague that were going to turn me into a monster were about, I'd do my best to avoid it. My character will as well.

That totally makes sense, I just don't see why you wouldn't take this as an opportunity to make your RPing new and exciting instead of running on the boards and complaining about it.

Not to mention the fact that from a logical point of view it makes absolutely no sense that your character was fine going to battle with the large possibility of dieing, but now that there's the possibility of being infected with a virus that is curable all of a sudden your character is terrified of the battlefield.

You're not being consistent with your RP and instead of truly RPing and being excited that something unpredictable is happening which should open you up to really flex your RP muscles, you hide and troll the forums.

This is why we can't have nice things.

It really doesn't matter how many times you call it such.... in today's parlance, griefing does not mean what you claim it means. People standing around exploding in the middle of the fleet, while silly, does not meet the definition of griefing, as the word is understood in regards to multiplayer gaming. Therefore, there is nothing to enforce. You don't like it, I get that, but that doesn't make it any more egregious.

Personally, I think the mistake BW made was making it profitable to contract the plague. You can make far more DNA samples standing in the fleet than doing the daily quests. This encourages people to stand in the fleet exploding over and over, rather than participating in this really fun event.

Standing around in a Rest/ Safe Zone on a PvE server waiting to setonate ain't the same as out flowers at the airport. The latter makes some uneasy, so the former will more likely be problematic.

Did they know they would spoil my play? How would I know, as they did not ask; they simply did it. Griefing happens....

You have well over 100 posts on this thread alone, Whats the use of debate anyways? Do you think Bioware is going to sift through 100+ of your posts to make you happy and change it to what you'd like? I doubt it. The pro-plaguers are only speaking for the majority and trying to give the correct perception of what's happening in-game, that the players as a whole love this event.

Majority = correct? :rolleyes:

Events are good; Griefing bad.