Remove the rakghoul plague now

Fact: You can't make EVERYONE happy. It would be exhausting trying to please each and every person.

Personally, I am loving the whole event. It's fun! Tatooine has never been so exciting!

I went through the dailies on Tatooine with my Smuggler yesterday, went to the fleet, never used a serum, and have yet to get infected. It seems more difficult, from my experience thus far, to get infected.

With my Commando I am avoiding the event altogether, for the time being anyway. I've seen the infected toons on the fleet, and avoided them. It's easy enough.

In regards to warzones though, I have to agree with those who have mentioned it. Something should be done to keep the virus from being in there. Sure, it goes away when you die, but why do we need a event in the wz?

Starter planets should be kept clean as well, imo. I admit, I was a bit unhappy when I had my shiny new toon for less than five minutes and I find a pack of infected lvl50s blocking entry to a starter location, trying to infect the new characters.

Griefing I can deal with. Put an ops group together, and eat them all for supper!

The idea of letting people take out infected toons on the fleets is a good idea, imo.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I can't beleive ppl are whinging about bioware doing something awesome. Your arguments basically sum up to "I am slightly inconveinienced so I want it stopped for everyone!". For the original poster who said remove it or I quit, seriously, with your ridiculous sense of self entitlement, the community will be better off without you.

Without us, the game dies, eventually. Everyone who leaves is one less person keeping BW's bills paid.

Please make no mistake. I have no dillusions that I am so important that they will drop the product without me. The point I am making is simply that every last subscription is important, and it's tremendously shortsighted of you to say something like this.

I'm sorry that I do not constantly stare at my debuffs.

If you're hitting raid-level mobs and don't check your buff/debuff bar at least ONCE in the 20 minutes it takes to go from infection to explosion, you are a bad raider and should feel bad about not doing so.

It's a big honkin' green symbol AND you're randomly puking and stunned multiple times from infection to explosion. Failing to notice this the entire time would require being immersed in a sensory deprivation tank and playing by blindly flailing on your keyboard like a lobotomized monkey.

And you, sir are not a lobotomized monkey. That would be an insult to same.

Well, that's what happens when you make choices which cause an increasing number of people to become contentious.

Many players are already pissed off and are prepared to vent their frustration at every opportunity.

The world event was a great concept but poorly executed. While infected players have been encouraged to explode/infect as many other players as possible, there should be a counter balance mechanic that let's us kill infected players trying to do so on places like fleet.

Or, go out and enjoy the content. Each quest gives you a free vaccine and currency to buy rewards with.

Stupidest threads I've seen QQ over other than the new PvP Thread QQing.

I like this event, it's fun and different.

It also gives me a reason to stay logged in longer than doing dailies on a off-night in my raiding guild.

Anyway, so people are QQing over this event...I hope BioWare doesn't listen to you guys because then just MAYBE we'll get Seasonal Events.

Also, I understand the fleet situation, I lag like crazy with the amount of explosions but you don't see me making a thread and Raging.

No, I'm pretty sure that they've never done a warzone or are being disingenuous. Whether they're trying to do a quest or not isn't really relevant to that point.

It is relevent...very much so. Your assuming their intentions. It's not good for either of us to do

Sigh... I think half the problem is that people do not actually take the time to read and consider what those of us who do not like the plague are saying.

If you had, you would know that most of us, and certainly myself, have said repeatedly that everything about the event is fine or great except for the way the infection works. That is our problem. We largely support the event itself.

I prefer this style of event.

Why should you be able to ignore something like the rakghoul plague spreading?

It is something that could affect the entire galaxy after all.

You went to Taris and realized SW did it first?

It's a Sith-made genetic mutation plague. Been around in TOR since the first KOTOR game. Heck, there's even Dark Horse SW comics where Vader ends up having to deal with them- and not all of them are crazed mutants (which they are- rakghouls aren't "dead" by any definition). Uncontrolled "spawn" are ravenous beasts, but deliberately created "ghouls" are intelligent, dangerous opponents unswervingly loyal to their creators. Heck, they can even breed more of their own kind and pass down memories from one generation to the next.

Needles in the Trooper questline makes his own "Nekghouls", a rakghoul line of deadly, smart servants- and the Murr Talisman in the undercity of Taris waits in-canon to be picked up again to create still more like it by Dark Side power rather than twisted science.

Taris was fun. It fits and I understand what's there. But lets just keep them there and don't spoil the game.

Also, it is hard to avoid what I don't like with this event.

I guess I'll hide in a hole in the cargohold on my ship till it ends.

Space missions FTW!

There is an FAQ thread which lists all the ways to be infected. This is one of them.
Wrong. To be infected by another player, he has to damage you. Just being near him when he dies won't infect you (unless he explodes, of course).

Only problem I have with this plague. When you die like in a warzone, the antidote that you took goes away so if you want to play WZ's and other **** the vaccine is a waste, just fix this if you haven't already and its all good. I mean its still funny to watch people self destruct from a plague, but it is a tad annoying now if the vaccine doesn't last more than 5 mins.

Well, there is the hassle of exploding during a OPs, Flashpoint if you don't invest in the cure.

2000 credits is nothing. I have over 7 million....and that is AFTER I purchased a bunch of legacy stuff. I made 15 mil very easy with very little time investment just selling things on the GTN.

If you're hitting raid-level mobs and don't check your buff/debuff bar at least ONCE in the 20 minutes it takes to go from infection to explosion, you are a bad raider and should feel bad about not doing so.

It's a big honkin' green symbol AND you're randomly puking and stunned multiple times from infection to explosion. Failing to notice this the entire time would require being immersed in a sensory deprivation tank and playing by blindly flailing on your keyboard like a lobotomized monkey.

And you, sir are not a lobotomized monkey. That would be an insult to same.

Nice to see that you can argue intelligently without resorting to insults.

I also must question you as to when I said I was fighting raid level bosses, or even spoken of others doing so? I have not said that in any case whatsoever.

Without us, the game dies, eventually. Everyone who leaves is one less person keeping BW's bills paid.

Please make no mistake. I have no dillusions that I am so important that they will drop the product without me. The point I am making is simply that every last subscription is important, and it's tremendously shortsighted of you to say something like this.

Every last subscription IS important. However, if BioWare starts folding to every ninny who cries on these forums about how he is displeased, then this game will be nothing and soon there will be no subscribers.

When something is awesome for the VAST majority of the people, suck it up or learn to enjoy it.

Wrong. To be infected by another player, he has to damage you. Just being near him when he dies won't infect you (unless he explodes, of course).

So in warzones, infected players are not damaging you?

Further, I urge you to take this up with the FAQ post, which clearly states that killing and infected player can lead to infection yourself.

yes, because being damaged by a player in pvp never happens...

:rolleyes:

This is just failed WOW GHOUL PLAGUE event redone.

pandemics would spread.

Read the forum...this would not be considered a "fail". Never, in my life, have I seen a game where no matter what is done, there will be droves of people furiously complaining about it. I don't have a problem if you state why you don't like it, but just don't act like a spoiled teenager about it and expect everything that you don't like to be changed. I was really bummed out that ranked wz's didn't make it to 1.2 but I didn't take to the forums and demand heads to roll.

Well, that's what happens when you make choices which cause an increasing number of people to become contentious.

Many players are already pissed off and are prepared to vent their frustration at every opportunity.

The world event was a great concept but poorly executed. While infected players have been encouraged to explode/infect as many other players as possible, there should be a counter balance mechanic that let's us kill infected players trying to do so on places like fleet.

This! ^

So in warzones, infected players are not damaging you?

Further, I urge you to take this up with the FAQ post, which clearly states that killing and infected player can lead to infection yourself.

I'm just correcting the wrong assumptions you make - proving that you are actually whining about an event you know little about.

And player made FAQs are... player made FAQs. If that one pretends you can be infected by just being near a player being killed in PvP (=not exploding from the plague), then the FAQ is wrong.

I prefer this style of event.

Why should you be able to ignore something like the rakghoul plague spreading?

It is something that could affect the entire galaxy after all.

Because when I signed up for the game and pay my monthly fee, I do not do so to be constantly debuffed or to have the game function differently from how it did in the first place.

I think its cool as hell my self, it still allows u to go about your business infected or not, it also goes with the story line of the RakGhoul FP, adds a quest or 2, plus after killing so many rakghouls or getting infected u collect their dna, which i was able to use that to get a little slippery, spiky, vicious, bad@^%, pale and one ugly little S.O.B. mini Rakghoul you'll ever seen. its so cute watching him bite the ankles off of my enemies.........:D

On the 30% estimate, I have an anecdotal story:

I remember a particular fun discussion in the summer of '09 here on the boards.

BioWare was just at E3, and the forums were ERUPTING with discussion over the role of companions. OMG, you would have thought that people were being crucified. Thread after thread were popping up on the General forum. BioWare couldn't close them fast enough. So much hate directed at the companions. So much. People didnt want them, and they were standing up en mass.

And serendipitously enough, this was at a time when you could make a poll. Guess what the percentage was that hated the companions and what was announced? 7%.

A whole 7% of people on the forums, but it was so much traffic from them you would have thought it was by far the vast majority.

So i would temper that feeling you have

On the "Everyone is important":

WoW had a similar event, as everyone knows. And it was much more polarizing because it was directed at a LOT less of the player base because it was meant for only those lvl 50+ characters, AND, there was no way to opt out with a vaccine, nor was there a monetary compensation for those who get caught up that didnt want to.

Having said ALL that....WoW's event was actually the precursor to the release of their most successful expansion to date.

Edited by Scar

It is relevent...very much so. Your assuming their intentions. It's not good for either of us to do
No, I'm not assuming anything about intentions. People either understand how warzones work, and why a single vaccine isn't sufficient (and are therefore beign disingenuous when they pretend not to understand why 2k isn't sufficient), or they don't.

Every last subscription IS important. However, if BioWare starts folding to every ninny who cries on these forums about how he is displeased, then this game will be nothing and soon there will be no subscribers.

When something is awesome for the VAST majority of the people, suck it up or learn to enjoy it.

But you see..there is a way to please both sides and it is not hard at all. We are not talking about any major game or event breaking change afterall.