Right + Left Click Movement Bug? Please Help!

Insurgo

Hello,

I am pretty new to MMORPGs so I am trying to stop being a "clicker". I have heard the first step in this process is to master the art of moving your character by using your mouse clickers, and not from your keyboard (w,s,a,d).

Unfortunately, when I right + left click on my mouse it seems very bugged. It stutters 90% of the time, and sometimes my character stops even though I am holding them both down ...

This has been happenining to me the entirety of my SWTOR adventure, so it's not something that just started with 1.2.

Anyone have a clue on what's going on? Is it my settings? Is it my mouse (I use a Logitech laser mouse from like 2006).

Thanks, any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated :D

Is it a wireless mouse? If so it's very possible a connection thing. If not a wireless mouse, have you actually had your mouse since '06? Because the buttons may very well just not be very sensitive anymore thus making it not register you're holding down the buttons.

Is it a wireless mouse? If so it's very possible a connection thing. If not a wireless mouse, have you actually had your mouse since '06? Because the buttons may very well just not be very sensitive anymore thus making it not register you're holding down the buttons.

Yes its a wireless mouse. And yes, I've had it since at least 06 :D

Sounds like its a "me" issue and not a game issue. Thanks

If you're serious about being a more skilled gamer, eliminate any wireless mice / keyboards you're using. Even the "best" wireless products (and that's fairly subjective) introduce a noticeable lag, stutter, and the possibility of having a dreaded "battery died" moment.

I'd recommend you pickup a good standard keyboard and a wired mouse - you don't need to buy into dropping $250+ on a mechanical keyboard and Razer Naga Epic either, tried-and-true mice like the Logitech G400 (a re-release of the legendary MX-518) and a basic Microsoft Digital Media Keyboard were enough for an entire generation of pro gamers, and the both of them together won't cost you more than $50 from an online retailer.

I hope you are familiar with 'lag" because my mouse works just fine in another well known mmo game with the same mechanics for walking

is the problem mouse only or keyboard also?

and a last tip, dont use a wireless mouse for any game where you need to hold the mouse buttons down for long periods e.g. for walking

imagine this: you are in a very intense boss fight with a few other players and things aren't looking very good for your group and suddenly your battery runs dry, it's why i quit using a wireless mouse for gaming 'cos very often pressing 1 or more mouse buttons for long periods on end drains your mouse and then suddenly there's just not enough power to generate a stable signal

you can simply find out if that's the case by moving the receiver very close to your mouse and see if it improves

I hope you are familiar with 'lag" because my mouse works just fine in another well known mmo game with the same mechanics for walking

is the problem mouse only or keyboard also?

and a last tip, dont use a wireless mouse for any game where you need to hold the mouse buttons down for long periods e.g. for walking

imagine this: you are in a very intense boss fight with a few other players and things aren't looking very good for your group and suddenly your battery runs dry, it's why i quit using a wireless mouse for gaming 'cos very often pressing 1 or more mouse buttons for long periods on end drains your mouse and then suddenly there's just not enough power to generate a stable signal

you can simply find out if that's the case by moving the receiver very close to your mouse and see if it improves

My mouse seemed to work just fine when I briefly tried WoW. I am familar with lag, and its not lag. It's likely that my mouse has just gotten too old and is probably not functioning at 100% anymore

I have a question about holding left and right click together to run.

I find this super helpful to do while I am drinking, eating or scratching things etc.

But in SWTOR after about 10 seconds of mouse running my character gets locked in a direction and I can't steer him anymore and the only way to break him free is to left click a couple of times to stop him.

Is this "feature" or a bug? Have tried on multiple mice.

edit: and wireless mouse these days are fine for gaming, unless your playing a FPS and your super good, your not going to notice

Edited by Stuntdubs

I find this super helpful to do while I am drinking, eating or scratching things etc.

But in SWTOR after about 10 seconds of mouse running my character gets locked in a direction and I can't steer him anymore and the only way to break him free is to left click a couple of times to stop him.

edit: and wireless mouse these days are fine for gaming, unless your playing a FPS and your super good, your not going to notice

Yes! This happens to me too ...

It certainly isn't something I've noticed, and I always mouserun. The only thing I can think of that might cause this problem is wierdness with keybinds and opening chat windows, or problems with your mouse driver. Maybe some sort of "accessibility" feature in Windows or the mouse software that you are unaware of (and don't hit in other applications).

• 10 months later...
Hello,

I am pretty new to MMORPGs so I am trying to stop being a "clicker". I have heard the first step in this process is to master the art of moving your character by using your mouse clickers, and not from your keyboard (w,s,a,d).

Unfortunately, when I right + left click on my mouse it seems very bugged. It stutters 90% of the time, and sometimes my character stops even though I am holding them both down ...

This has been happenining to me the entirety of my SWTOR adventure, so it's not something that just started with 1.2.

Anyone have a clue on what's going on? Is it my settings? Is it my mouse (I use a Logitech laser mouse from like 2006).

Thanks, any advice or comments would be greatly appreciated :D

What you should try on your mouse, if you can, is to turn down your DPI. I was having the same trouble, but it seems lately after turning it down the problem has dissolved. I'm not 100% yet, but it seems like it's a fix for me!