Remove the rakghoul plague now

while 2k isn't a big deal,its that i have to go to tat, and some quest, to get it free, and there are a bunch of greifers purposely sitting at fleet spawn in, to give the rakghoul disease to you.

that is just inconsiderate, of Devs, to not think of that people,do greifing stuff like camping the fleet load in.

as for 2k, for some of you, credits,are easy, but we have been running ops, and hms, and repair costs, are draining my credits. Stop the credit sink repair costs, and i might be less inclined to care about a 2k stim

I'll keep repeating this.

Death by plague = zero repair cost.

Jump off railing at Fleet and "fade to black" = cured and zero repair cost.

You don't have to spend a credit here. Just die or jump. Done.

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

since 1990 or so?

No, if people want to be able to totally avoid being griefed by other players, they should play on a pve server in any quality mmo...

This isnt being griefed. Its the intention of the plague and the questline. I dont see why people have an issue with a WORLD EVENT that isnt going to be around for long. I hope BioWare continues fun things like this and doesnt give into one guy being inconvenienced by this.

while 2k isn't a big deal,its that i have to go to tat, and some quest, to get it free, and there are a bunch of greifers purposely sitting at fleet spawn in, to give the rakghoul disease to you.

that is just inconsiderate, of Devs, to not think of that people,do greifing stuff like camping the fleet load in.

as for 2k, for some of you, credits,are easy, but we have been running ops, and hms, and repair costs, are draining my credits. Stop the credit sink repair costs, and i might be less inclined to care about a 2k stim

Blowing up costs nothing, not even a run back as u can res in the spot u died

The Plague is becoming annoying not to mention the Fleet station is becoming a lag fest due to all the people trying to infect each other....

By giving people 5 DNA samples each time they explode your encouraging people to grief other players... I would be pissed if I was a low level player and had to pay 2k a pop each time so joker exploded on me...

Obviously Bioware didn't think this one out.... If your going to allow people to grief, then make it so when they are about to explode other players can shoot them and put them out of their misery without them exploding on us...

The OP has a valid point. It's disappointing to see the amount of inconsiderate people posting to this thread. And some wonder why others do not like teaming in this game. I for one avoid teaming 95% of the time with strangers as I don't enjoy putting up with people that act like a lot of the posters to this thread do. Edited by Stugotz

This isnt being griefed.
Sure it is.

I dont see why people have an issue with a WORLD EVENT that isnt going to be around for long.
I suspect that it's because they're one of the griefees rather than one of the griefers.

I hope BioWare continues fun things like this and doesnt give into one guy being inconvenienced by this.
I hope that bioware continues to do fun things but prevents player griefing in the future.

The Plague is becoming annoying not to mention the Fleet station is becoming a lag fest due to all the people trying to infect each other....

By giving people 5 DNA samples each time they explode your encouraging people to grief other players... I would be pissed if I was a low level player and had to pay 2k a pop each time so joker exploded on me...

Obviously Bioware didn't think this one out.... If your going to allow people to grief, then make it so when they are about to explode other players can shoot them and put them out of their misery without them exploding on us...

No..it takes 45 minutes to explode, clearly anyone can see the eyes glowing and bright green around them..and I don't know what else to say. You are playing a VIDEO GAME. Why are some of you being uptight snobs. It's a virtual game.

You do not have a problem with everything else in the game expect this even though the event is a limited time event. Really...well why don't you PVP. I'm sure it's not as difficult as you are making it sound to distance yourself from these people in game.

I'll keep repeating this.

Death by plague = zero repair cost.

Jump off railing at Fleet and "fade to black" = cured and zero repair cost.

You don't have to spend a credit here. Just die or jump. Done.

Why the hell should we be forced to kill ourselves because some Dev's don't have a clue... I'm so sick of Bioware handing out warnings about griefing other players, YET they design an event that Griefs people on purpose.... Bioware is nothing but a hypocrite....

Im weeping, i really am.

"BIOWARE GIVE US MORE CONTENT, THERE IS NOTHING TO DO, NO ENDGAME"

"THIS GAME IS A JOKE, CANT WAIT TILL GW2 COMES OUT"

"OMG REALLY? DYNAMIC WORLD EVENTS? THIS ISNT GUILD WARS 2"

This is so bad really, i can't believe this thread...

level 10's spawn on the lower level of the fleet, if they chose to go to the main level of the fleet, they will see the news reporters. A curious person might click. Proceeding to click it, the figure out there is an outbreak and they should avoid contact. OK COOL - easy, run to the opposite side of the fleet seamlessly, and go to the next leveling zone - done, easy. If you have a ship, you should be able to afford 2k. Who cares? dont buy the 2k? Its not a big deal, this barely affects gameplay and for 99% of the swtor community it is fun. I bet this OP would be same guy who would complain that there is nothing dynamic in swtor.

THIS IS STAR WARS - A FICTIONAL ENTITY THAT IS DYNAMIC - EVER CHANGING

Without events like this, it wouldnt be star wars, so really, please stop crying. To me, this should be a treat to RPers.

#firstworldproblems #diversityinmymmo

Edited by Shibbywan

I personally am expecting something in my mailbox soon. Something like this...

"We've noticed an outbreak of the Rak-Ghoul virus on the Fleetship. We urge all to seek vaccines to stop this outbreak. Here is a courtesy vaccine. Please look at medvac vendors for more. And we also sub you some credits for any outbreaks you may have witnessed."

Or something like that!

Seriously.... All you whiners about this.... WHY?

I logged in Sunday afternoon, and I was like WOW! Something new!

Everyone I've personally talked to LOVED THIS. Even those with no money still levelling.

WHO ARE ALL YOU WHINEY PLAYERS?

I see no reason to complain. Or is buying a 2k 6hr buff too much for you? Or is taking part in an event too much for you? Do you realise putting up with this event and dying every once in a while will net you 5 tokens that even if you don't want YOU COULD SELL.

Oh, or are you to angry to buy the vaccine (2k each a pittance)? Is it interfering with your normal gameplay? Fine. Buy the vaccine. If your FPing or OPSing, the vaccine will do.

Well Welcome to MMO'S my friend. And THANKYOU BIOWARE!!!! I suggested Live Events to you and I'm sure a lot of others did too. Thankyou for this, and I hope you will continue to surprise us!

OMG I'm infected! RUN AWAY!

Edited by DarthHoob

Really? You must have missed all the posts that the mods just removed as they cleaned up...

PvP game, so irrelevant

Pvp game, so irrelevant

pvp game, so irrelevant

no, I play lots of them.

Where what I QQ'd about the event?

haha, don't backtrack now. You play any D&D? Do you complain when the DM sticks you with some debilitating curse or affect?

And let me point out again that SWG used to have cool events until the Criers shed oceans of tears and washed the cool events away.

I for one hope BW doesn't cave in to the hysterical few who can't deal with these fun events.

Every single MMO I've every played has done some kind of 'plague' event. WoW stole it from someone else.

And it's STILL a dumb idea forcing a debuff on players who don't want to participate. I got over a million credits so it's just an annoyance. But I've already spent over 20k curing myself because you lose immunity every time you die in a warzone. That's a lot of credits to a low level player saving for their speeder training, crafting, skill training, etc. It's obvious from some of the posts a LOT of people don't find this fun. It's straight up griefing, that's EXACTLY why people are standing in the stations purposely infecting people.

since 1990 or so?

No, if people want to be able to totally avoid being griefed by other players, they should play on a pve server in any quality mmo...

you sir are wrong.

How about this, BW will make you and your friends a PvE(safe zone/single faction) server just for you. Everyone will be in their own phase to keep from possibly ruining the others experience.

Ya, not gonna happen. Singleplayer games are for you.

Here's the point.

How much "grief" is there in something that makes your character puke a few times, keel over, and respawn (right where you are, in fact) with no penalty whatsoever?

It's a little more complex than when I drive-by scan people with my cyborg- only I don't hand them 5 tokens for "feeling a little vulnerable".

No..it takes 45 minutes to explode, clearly anyone can see the eyes glowing and bright green around them..and I don't know what else to say. You are playing a VIDEO GAME. Why are some of you being uptight snobs. It's a virtual game.

You do not have a problem with everything else in the game expect this even though the event is a limited time event. Really...well why don't you PVP. I'm sure it's not as difficult as you are making it sound to distance yourself from these people in game.

Then fine turn on Free for All so I can shoot all the infected players... after all it's just a Video Game right...

How much "grief" is there in something that makes your character puke a few times, keel over, and respawn (right where you are, in fact) with no penalty whatsoever?
A non-zero amount of grief, since it interrupts what they're doing and costs them time.

The situation is no different than exploiting a bug in the game that allows you to autoflag someone as pvp and then kill them.

as for 2k, for some of you, credits,are easy, but we have been running ops, and hms, and repair costs, are draining my credits. Stop the credit sink repair costs, and i might be less inclined to care about a 2k stim.

the whole rakghoul thing is a crock,in my opinion, anyway. they had deathtroopers in swg, and it was just stupid. if i wanted to kill zombies, or vampires, or otther malignant creatures, i would play left4dead or some other zombie rip off

If credits are so hard to come by... stop dying in HMs and Ops? They aren't that difficult. More so why waste 2k when it costs nothign to simply die from it or by jumping down the fleet openings? See... no credits wasted.

You're playing a Bioware SW game and expected there not to be a Rakghoul invasion eventually?