pvp ranking with operatives

meelays

So I've been trying pvp in 1.2, and I'm still not completely satisfied with it. I'll leave out most of grumps as I do think this is a big improvement for my little healer. There is one issue that I'd like to get some opinions from the operative community on.

My operative is still nearly worthless in hutt ball. Are they really going to rank us for warzones when one of the warzone's designs puts the class at such at a disadvantage? Seriously, we got no leap, no knockback, no pulls. I feel like dead weight compared to other classes. What do you guys think about being ranked based on your performance in a warzone that is designed for everyone but you.

You need to find your place in that game, either help hold the middle, heal the ball carrier, stealth to the endzone, remove annoying dps from the bridges that stand to close to the edge, or root people in traps. By about the second half of the game people hate me so much I can usually get 3 people to chase me around the zone if i am out of stealth trying to kill me and ignoring the objective. Yeah youre gonna get knocked off but a good 50% of the time you know the person is gonna blow there knockback as soon as you open and can position yourself fairly well. Anyways be a nuisance it makes huttball pretty fun actually.

You need to find your place in that game, either help hold the middle, heal the ball carrier, stealth to the endzone, remove annoying dps from the bridges that stand to close to the edge, or root people in traps. By about the second half of the game people hate me so much I can usually get 3 people to chase me around the zone if i am out of stealth trying to kill me and ignoring the objective. Yeah youre gonna get knocked off but a good 50% of the time you know the person is gonna blow there knockback as soon as you open and can position yourself fairly well. Anyways be a nuisance it makes huttball pretty fun actually.

Definitely. I got that part down. I guess I'm just not happy about being ranked with hutt ball as a consideration, if all I can do is be a nuisance. Occasionally I do turn the tide in hutt ball just by being a healer, but imagine if I were a sorc healer or even a merc. Just seems like crap that we're put on an uneven playing ground and then ranked at it.

I'm a rank 78 operative and Huttball is easily my favorite wz. Huttball is all about reading the play and smart positioning and it usually doesn't turn into a boring slugfest like the other wz's.

Here are a few pointers if you're having trouble in huttball:

-Stay ahead of the ball carrier, especially if it's a jug. Get to open areas to receive a pass if necessary and/or be a good option for a jug to jump to. Get good at doing this and you'll find yourself scoring a lot goals, and adding good tanks to your friends list.

-If you find yourself at mid with a neutral ball, drop flash bangs and debilitate and don't be afraid to grab the ball if you have to. Healer operatives have the tools to stay alive long enough to make a good first pass out of mid.

-Pick your spots. For example, if someone is out of the play and fighting don't stop and heal them, especially if you aren't in combat. A lot of the time it's more important to keep sprint up so that you can get back into the play and heal the ball carrier or the people who are trying to kill the opposition carrier.

-2 points in slip away and evasive imperative are must haves in a pvp healer build. Some people like to have the improved stealth skills in the concealment tree, but imo the sneak ability is enough to get behind enemies or to have enemies walk right by you if you're camped out at a spot to set up a jump, or to receive a pass.

-Debilitate is one of the most powerful tools you have, learn to use it well offensively and defensively. For example one of my favorite things to do is to use debilitate on someone right before a fire trap so that I can just make it across with the speed buff before the trap goes off. This usually results in me being a good position to do several things such as heal without risk of interruptions, receive a pass, or be a good target for an intercede.

Do I sometimes get jealous when I see a sorc bubble up and sprint across a fire trap? Yeah I do, but at the end of the day if you play well people will notice and want you on their preform, regardless of the class you play.