PLEASE Bioware Fix my Mercenary's DPS!!

TheCasterTroy

Dear Bioware,

Please for the love of god fix the mercenary dps. there are alot of problems with Mercenary's before but you guys decided to listen to all the whiners getting tracer missile in there Butt. just listen to what you did real quick and tell me how you think it is ok, and then i will tell you at the end how to fix it. First you decided to shorten the range on our MAIN AOE (death from above) and lower the damage of it as WELL. Second you ALSO weaken'd Tracer Missile AND made it so we are able to vent less heat off of it and increased acitivation time(so you lower or dmg and make us overheat faster) are you kidding me? we have NO DEFENSE! NON! and you took our dps away and still gave us no defense so what are we good for? do not even say that 12 seconds of a 25% dmg reducer of energy shield counts as defense because compared to a all of the marauder defenses( Cloak of Pain, Saber Ward, Undying Rage, Disruption and Force Charge to name a few) i mean come on saber ward compared to energy shield??? really? 50 melee/range defense PLUS 25% dmg reduction agains force/tech attacks... hmmm i wonder what mercenary's attack are classified as? could it be tech attack? i think so! so you made mercs far weaker and marauders far stronger with more defense. my last complaint about the mercenary is that with all the activation times we are HIGHLY susceptible to interrupts. you guys made mercenary's a stationary dps.

ok my complaining is done, now on how to fix it.

My suggestion on top of bringing tracer missiles dmg back up is, which im sure the community of mercenary's out there will agree with, is make Tracer missile an Instant cast(no activation). and give us another defensive ability, nothing overpowering. something similar to undying rage or lengthen energy shield duration and dmg reduction .

This will NOT make the mercs overpowered because we still have to balance heat, and if you get a tracer missile spammer he will over heat after 4 tracer missiles if he does not use a rotation.

something long these lines would be great. any thoughts fellow mercenary's?

I agree, we need more balance in our defense. The nerf to our entire tree was way to great. The other night we were doing the new Raid zone. We went with 3 mercs. One was a healer the other 2 were DPS. It was insane, the healer kept overheating, the DPS died and did way to little damage. The fact is, the Nerf was way to great on all tree's for Merc. Sure others got hit too, but this post is about the Mercenary Tree nerf's. The real question of the day, will BioWare listen or shall they continue to do what they wish and Nerf away until there are only Jugg's and Marauders left on the servers and then nerf them?

Riddle, Barrage and Unload should be your best friends. With Muzzle Fluting you can spam Tracer Missile as before only with 10% less dmg and now you can use Unload much often. There's no issue with Arsenal dps.

Riddle, Barrage and Unload should be your best friends. With Muzzle Fluting you can spam Tracer Missile as before only with 10% less dmg and now you can use Unload much often. There's no issue with Arsenal dps.

they took muzzle fluting away, doesn't do anything now. used to drop heat from tracer missile now it does not do that, it only takes off .5 secs of activation time. but they bump activation time to 2.0 seconds, so in sense all they did was make it cost more heat to do the same exact thing it did pre 1.2 patch

they took muzzle fluting away, doesn't do anything now. used to drop heat from tracer missile now it does not do that, it only takes off .5 secs of activation time. but they bump activation time to 2.0 seconds, so in sense all they did was make it cost more heat to do the same exact thing it did pre 1.2 patch

as sorta stated earlier, merc dps didnt really change, they just spread the damage out so you actually have to use more varied abilities than just spamming tracer missile.

as sorta stated earlier, merc dps didnt really change, they just spread the damage out so you actually have to use more varied abilities than just spamming tracer missile.

I rarely agree with this guy, but he is 100% correct. Playing a DPS Merc was too easy. Really, all you had to do was spam tracer missile & occasionally vent heat.

Edited by Distracted

No, you are wrong. Tracer Missile before patch was 1.5 sec activation time, 25 heat cost and 16 with Muzzle Fluting (reduce 9). Tracer Missile now is 2 sec activation time, 1.5 with Muzzle Fluting and 16 heat cost. With Muzzle Fluting it works perfectly the same (with little less dmg).

And trust me, TM, TM, Unload, TM, TM, Unload (+ Fusion Missile, Heatseeker Missile and Rail Shot if available) is much better than TM, TM, TM, TM...

I rarely agree with this guy, but he is 100% correct. Playing a DPS Merc was too easy. Really, all you had to do was spam tracer missile & occasionally vent heat.

its easy mechanics to play a mercenary. and if you unload tracer missile with no return fire your fine but 1v1 you stand very little chance with every class having interrupts and any movement nudge interrupts you as well, your tracer missile is useless, and a mercenary's whole arsenal relies on tracer missile ( activating Barrage and venting heat with critical hits ). its like taking rage from marauders. you cant do any huge abilities without it.

Edited by TheCasterTroy

Single target damage is fine, I don't really get the death from above/ mortar volley changes myself though.

Sentinels/Marauders are way harder to play than trooper, they need some of their defensive cooldowns to stay up with all the knockbacks in this game. Commando/Merc is a ranged class capable of single target spike damage, giving us defense would be a bad idea.

Tracer/ grav round definitely doesn't need to be made instant. I would say that we do need an instant ability or two more than we have for when melee closes in on us and we have to turn fight, but even still we kind of need to be at a disadvantage in those situations.

Single target damage is fine, I don't really get the death from above/ mortar volley changes myself though.

Sentinels/Marauders are way harder to play than trooper, they need some of their defensive cooldowns to stay up with all the knockbacks in this game. Commando/Merc is a ranged class capable of single target spike damage, giving us defense would be a bad idea.

Tracer/ grav round definitely doesn't need to be made instant. I would say that we do need an instant ability or two more than we have for when melee closes in on us and we have to turn fight, but even still we kind of need to be at a disadvantage in those situations.

i agree with most of that, but we do need something more to keep them at bay, with force charge able to disrupt action with a 15 second cooldown and jet boost on a 30 second cd, how is a fight even? definatley not with marauders/knight, you cant even touch them with all of their dmg reduction and they give good dps. we need more defense or alot more ablities to keep them at a distance.

Edited by TheCasterTroy

how about an ability called "Jet pack overload" with a 30 second cooldown usable only at 5 meters(close combat) that pushed the bounty hunter 10-15 meters away from target(or targets) and either hindering their movement or slowing them down?

Not being completely familiar with the Mercenary class, the one issue I do see with this post is comparing the defense abilities of a melee class in medium armor, to a ranged class in heavy armor. They should not be equal, because as long as the ranged is away from the melee, they can continue to damage where the melee needs to pop a defensive to buy them time to get back to the ranged. I do believe the idea of the nerf to Tracer Missle though was stated to give Mercs a rotation instead of a one button spam, because I know it was possible for my friend to go up in arsenal just to get tracer missle, then go up into bodyguard for the heals, and could burn people down with tracer missle spam while maintaining his health with the uninterruptable shield from bodyguard and big heals pre-1.2. Edited by Trietxan

..... Second you ALSO weaken'd Tracer Missile AND made it so we are able to vent less heat off of it and increased acitivation time(so you lower or dmg and make us overheat faster) are you kidding me? we have NO DEFENSE! NON! and you took our dps away and still gave us no defense so what are we good for? ...

...My suggestion on top of bringing tracer missiles dmg back up is, which im sure the community of mercenary's out there will agree with, is make Tracer missile an Instant cast(no activation). and give us another defensive ability, nothing overpowering. something similar to undying rage or lengthen energy shield duration and dmg reduction .

This will NOT make the mercs overpowered because we still have to balance heat, and if you get a tracer missile spammer he will over heat after 4 tracer missiles if he does not use a rotation.

something long these lines would be great. any thoughts fellow mercenary's?

Tracer missile WAS too powerful. Get over it. It's done. I still kill stuff on my DPS merc faster and better then the other team members all the time both in PVP and PVE. The scoreboard in PVP WZs shows that a lot and frequently in FPs I'm the one killing nearly everything.

If tracer missile was to go instant - they would obviously put a longer cooldown on it to be refired. The cooldown would be at a minimum what the currest channeling time is. Don't expect Bioware to make it remotely spammable again, part of the change was intend to encourage us to use a wider rotation of our abilities and be more aware of heat management.

On my lvl 50s, we have recently completed hard mode flashpoints with both DPS and heal mercs and they can manage their heat just fine to take down Karagga, SOA, and the other hard bosses. Maybe you should be adaptive and learn the class a little better, cause all it sounds like you want is to be able to spam tracer missile again.

Besides, do you really want Grav Round to be overpowered again too? :p