I always wanted a pet, Legacy?

ColorOfGrey

I am a casual player. I get lost a lot. I get confused often. I have one character, a level 32 bounty hunter.

One thing I've always wanted is an in-game pet. I've looked in the trade market for months, never seen a single one.

Now the legacy patch promotion says I can get a free Tauntaun this weekend only.

How? Where? I don't understand the legacy stuff, but I really just want the pet. Do I need to get a level 50 character? That's not going to happen any time soon----I'm enjoying the game at my pace and without help.

Is there anything I can do? Help a casual n00b.

I am a casual player. I get lost a lot. I get confused often. I have one character, a level 32 bounty hunter.

One thing I've always wanted is an in-game pet. I've looked in the trade market for months, never seen a single one.

Now the legacy patch promotion says I can get a free Tauntaun this weekend only.

How? Where? I don't understand the legacy stuff, but I really just want the pet. Do I need to get a level 50 character? That's not going to happen any time soon----I'm enjoying the game at my pace and without help.

Is there anything I can do? Help a casual n00b.

What is your legacy level? Is it 6?

What is your legacy level? Is it 6?

I don't even know what that means.

I get the SWTOR emails and read their facebook page. I read them, but they've never explaned legacy to me. I ask for help in the game and it's like begging for taunts, but I don't know where else to find help. I'm a casual player. That's not going to change. I don't know if I have any "legacy level" because it sounds like you need a level 50 to get legacy? I really just don't know what "legacy" means, and the only reason I WANT to know is because I finally found a pet in the game.

I don't even know what that means.

I get the SWTOR emails and read their facebook page. I read them, but they've never explaned legacy to me. I ask for help in the game and it's like begging for taunts, but I don't know where else to find help. I'm a casual player. That's not going to change. I don't know if I have any "legacy level" because it sounds like you need a level 50 to get legacy? I really just don't know what "legacy" means, and the only reason I WANT to know is because I finally found a pet in the game.

Well then chances are you don't qualify for the legacy Tauntaun pet.

You unlock your legacy by completing Act I on any character. Most people get to this point around level 30. If you haven't even reached this point then you haven't met the qualification requirements.

Edited by Datamonger

You unlock your legacy by completing Act I on any character. Most people get to this point around level 30. If you haven't even reach this point then you haven't met the qualification requirements.

OK, thank you----they didn't mention anything about acts or level in the SWTOR announcements.

So do I just keep dong the character level quests for my story? I'm 32 now and I got there from questing-----I don't PVP much at all, maybe only 5 times total.

In order to make sure that you receive your in-game Legacy Tauntaun Ram, your account must meet the following criteria by April 12, 2012 ,12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT or April 21, 2012, 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT:

You must have purchased the game and redeemed an official Game Product Registration Code at the Code Redemption Center.

You must have signed up for a recurring subscription using a valid payment method OR redeemed a Game Time Code.

Your account must not be banned.

Not an active subscriber? Purchase the game and activate your account on or before April 21st at 12:00PM CDT, 5:00PM GMT and you will receive the Legacy Tauntuan Ram pet*!

This was pulled from http://www.swtor.com/news/news-article/20120412-1.

So after the 21st they will probably just show up in your in game mailbox.

You unlock your legacy by completing Act I on any character. Most people get to this point around level 30. If you haven't even reach this point then you haven't met the qualification requirements.

That is incorrect. The page states that the only requirement for the tauntaun ram is to have an active account. Nothing more.

That is incorrect. The page states that the only requirement for the tauntaun ram is to have an active account. Nothing more.

I have an active account, I have logged in since the latest patch, but I haven't figured out how to get the tauntaun. I definitely don't have a "legacy" name, so that may be the only requirement. I wonder if there's any way to find other casual people who don't have a legacy name because they aren't hardcore playing?

He was only going off of what the OP had initially given him for info. Especially with the new stuff added w/ 1.2 the whole pet thing, outside of the Tauntaun free gift, has left a few people scratching their heads asking similar questions.

I have an active account, I have logged in since the latest patch, but I haven't figured out how to get the tauntaun. I definitely don't have a "legacy" name, so that may be the only requirement. I wonder if there's any way to find other casual people who don't have a legacy name because they aren't hardcore playing?

Its not a requirement thing. they just havnt passed them all out yet they said everyone would have thiers by the 24 of this month.

Some follow up things:

1) You say you're not sure if you've finished Act 1. When you log into your character it will tell you which act you're on, prelude, act 1, act 2, act 3 or interlude. You can tell from there.

2) At level 32 you've likely completed Act 1. Have you been doing your class story missions? Those are the ones that will take you through the acts . (I know the first one for the BH revolves around the Great Hunt. I haven't done enough BH to tell you more)

3) If its a pet to follow you around that you're looking for, you can go to the Light Side or Dark Side vendors. When you're high enough level & have enough LS/DS points you can buy a droid to follow you around. DS gets an interrogation droid and LS gets a mini sandcrawler.

Some follow up things:

1) You say you're not sure if you've finished Act 1. When you log into your character it will tell you which act you're on, prelude, act 1, act 2, act 3 or interlude. You can tell from there.

2) At level 32 you've likely completed Act 1. Have you been doing your class story missions? Those are the ones that will take you through the acts . (I know the first one for the BH revolves around the Great Hunt. I haven't done enough BH to tell you more)

3) If its a pet to follow you around that you're looking for, you can go to the Light Side or Dark Side vendors. When you're high enough level & have enough LS/DS points you can buy a droid to follow you around. DS gets an interrogation droid and LS gets a mini sandcrawler.

Well, when it loads it says "chapter 1" so I guess I am level 32 and I only play single player and somehow I still haven't gotten far enough. Weird.

I also don't have enough "dark side" points for anything but I'm only level 32. It feels like forever for me, but I understand for most people level 32 is "noob."

I just cancelled my subscription, not because of any of the legacy stuff, but because I think the legacy stuff finally got me thinking, this game isn't for me. It was fun at first. I played with friends.

But they all have at least one level 50 character by now. I never see them anymore and I get lost a lot because the missions and worlds are sometimes incredibly confusing but asking for general help is a brutal experience. I don't get new abilities (just "upgrades") when I level up anymore, the market is bare on my server, I never made an item modification, my armortech went nowhere, I made some ok money because I never spent it...but then I learned you can get a speeder at level 25 and there it all went, pvp I never really figured out how to do anything with the ball or how to get into the games that are objective-based, I found out my class gets at jawa friend but I never found him, I stumble upon level 50 enemies on the massive world of Alderaan, can't find groups (no offense, eventually stopped asking), but I loved being a bounty hunter for a while.