Set bonuses not transferring with Armor mods.

Beakertanks

We were promised this.
We were not. The developers specifically stated on multiple occasions that existing armor sets would not boast this mechanic.

New equipment sets, added in 1.2 and beyond, will have the set bonus tied to the primary modification. This is what we were promised, and what was delivered.

I read the notes repeatedly, and if it's there, it's in the fine print.

Also, with the gear this stupidly ugly, it would have been better to wait a day and make it work on all endgame gear.

If you aren't going to make GOOD gear, then all the set bonuses should transfer. And since, based on the aesthetics of the new gear, there's no plans to make good-looking armor, or even interesting-looking armor, or color schemes on armor (not unify to the chestpiece, but actually change), then transfering the set bonuses for all the endgame gear is a big deal.

So please.. make it happen for all the endgame gear. Right now it's just a tease, and it's going to irritate me for ages. If not the entire lifetime of the game. I'd honestly rather not be able to do it at all then have this half-way thing. At least then it wouldn't be like a sliver in my heel.

I agree, the set bonuses should transfer with all armor sets in the game, not just the post 1.2. I doubt they will change this feature though, not sure why but they wont.
Limited resources and better use of time; why focus on a single group of old equipment that is already outdated when you can instead move forward and add to the game.

Honestly? Having done major development work before... improving old gear is a GOOD use for resources. Something that irritates early on... will mean people won't care that it is no longer an issue later on. Especially because of rolling alts and such.

Honestly? Having done major development work before... improving old gear is a GOOD use for resources. Something that irritates early on... will mean people won't care that it is no longer an issue later on. Especially because of rolling alts and such.
Yes, but 1.2 and even 1.3 are "early on". The initial sets don't need addressed right now, especially when they're working to shape the game into its mature state. I'm sure they'll get around to the past sets, but right now there are better things to work on.

Yes, but 1.2 and even 1.3 are "early on". The initial sets don't need addressed right now, especially when they're working to shape the game into its mature state. I'm sure they'll get around to the past sets, but right now there are better things to work on.

I'm going to have to disagree with you a 2 fronts. It would make sense for them to just lay it across the board that set bonuses transfer for all armor. If you take a new player and put them in the SWTOR world, give them the opportunity to crit craft gear and use it right away (with any gear that has a set bonus) they have a better chance of enjoyment of both game and crafting. Also, they have stated they need to add more "money sinks" into the game. This is evident with many of the additions you see on the market and especially with legacy. When you start ripping mods out of your gear, multiple times as you acquire new gear, that is a massive money sink and an easy win for BioWare with the community.

I know the patch notes stated that only the gear added in 1.2 will have this. I would have liked to see this work for Tionese/Columi/Rakata/Centurion/Champion/Battlemaster due to the fact that there has already been a lot of time spent GETTING the gear that we already have. I have a Shadow and as has been put up in other threads, the Shadow gear sets look ridiculous...seriously, the pve hat looks like I am wearing a d*mned broom on my head. I would like to rip all the mods out and put them into gear that looks a bit more like I would LIKE to look. What is the point of making the armoring able to be taken out of pre-1.2 gear if you get no benefit for doing so? Now I can take the armoring mod out of new gear that looks like junk and look like I am wearing my old gear that looks like junk? Thanks!

TLDR: Time has been spent getting pre-1.2 gear, please allow us to take the armoring mods out with the set bonuses so that we can look how we WANT to look!