I have so much respect for the Devs

RDeanOU

Perusing the Dev tracker for the last few days makes me have so much respect for the Developers in this game. I wouldn't want to put up with the way they are often treated by posters on these forums. So many people think that having a "dialogue" with the developers means screaming at, talking down to, or belittling them until they get what they want. There is so much entitlement on these forums that it blows me away.

The Devs handle themselves with professionalism in the face of all of this rage and I for one respect what they are doing.

Players treating devs like trash isn't new... I hate such behavior. I've MMO player for more then 10 years and this type of players were always here. Thank god that instead of ignoring the devs show what's to be a PRO.

Good job!

I agree totally.

Most of the complainers are of the generation that get the completion trophys at school. They are not tought what it takes to win or loose. So they have no clue what it takes to make anything from scratch.

People should voice there concerns sure but they need to doit in a way that can be used by the dev team to fix it.

If all your gonna do is complain you get no love from me and i suspect the devs will just ignore it.

Everyone thinks that there issue is the worst in the world. IT ISNT.

Perusing the Dev tracker for the last few days makes me have so much respect for the Developers in this game. I wouldn't want to put up with the way they are often treated by posters on these forums. So many people think that having a "dialogue" with the developers means screaming at, talking down to, or belittling them until they get what they want. There is so much entitlement on these forums that it blows me away.

The Devs handle themselves with professionalism in the face of all of this rage and I for one respect what they are doing.

indeed +1

Why should people accept bugs, bad design and marketing lies just to be nice?

They don't have to, they also don't have to act like children. Move on to the next game where you will do the exact same thing because you cannot be satisfied. This isn't towards you personally, just in general.

Do you own your own company, if the answer is yes, can i have a job please.

I would love to have boss with so low expations, so i could just slack off all day.

You should maybe investigate more how hard it is to be a dev.

Im 100% sure they have a hard job and are under constant pressure.

If we would let you develop that game you'd probably **** up on first opportunity

Until you know that you can take a nice hot cup of ****

Edited by Magisch

You can talk about the bugs (which they make every effort to fix for you), the design that you don't like (calling it bad is only your individual opinion), and your belief that they did not fully deliver what was promised without being rude. It's called constructive feedback. It really is an option......I promise.

As someone that deals with the public, I can assure you that I want to help you more when you aren't a total jerk.

What I am amazed by is how professional and patient the devs are despite the fact that people are total jerks to them most of the time.

Do you own your own company, if the answer is yes, can i have a job please.

I would love to have boss with so low expations, so i could just slack off all day.

I was going to ask if you own your own company, but clearly you don't. If a boss treated his employees with as little respect as you seem to think people ought to be treated with no one would work for them.

Your business also wouldn't make any money if your employees had to bow to every whim of the public the way people on these forums expect Bioware's devs to bow to their whims.

Respect doesnt mean you have to be nice to them all the time, it just means you understand the situation they are in. Some people have far too little of that around the forums. You can give feedback in a respectful manner, you know. Granted that it is not very common on this forum.

Edited by Gokkus

It will take some time, but I think the craziness will die down a bit in the future. BW will hit their stride eventually. No one really can comprehend all that goes into something as big as a major MMO.

I have to agree, BW has handled themselves well given some of the stuff said to them.

I agree totally.

Most of the complainers are of the generation that get the completion trophys at school. They are not tought what it takes to win or loose. So they have no clue what it takes to make anything from scratch.

People should voice there concerns sure but they need to doit in a way that can be used by the dev team to fix it.

If all your gonna do is complain you get no love from me and i suspect the devs will just ignore it.

Everyone thinks that there issue is the worst in the world. IT ISNT.

I could turn this around and say these are the people that protest unjustice all over the world. They don't sit idly by and allow the destruction of something they love. And the thing is, many people DID politely give their opinions etc. They've predicted things that will happen because it's so blatantly obvious what would happen. But then BW goes and ignores it...hardly tests it....puts it in and ta-da...the issues mentioned arise.

And i'm pretty sure people don't give a crap about getting your love.

And you are right...there are worse things.

I think many people need to relax a little as well but that's just what I think. Obviously, in that moment, people feel differently. Maybe they feel they aren't being heard so they take more drastic measures. At least they aren't going around hurting people because of it. All they are doing is complaining ... and guess what? We don't need to read it if we don't want to.

So why people complain about complainers just absolutely baffles me. If you don't care, don't read.

I could turn this around and say these are the people that protest unjustice all over the world. They don't sit idly by and allow the destruction of something they love. And the thing is, many people DID politely give their opinions etc. They've predicted things that will happen because it's so blatantly obvious what would happen. But then BW goes and ignores it...hardly tests it....puts it in and ta-da...the issues mentioned arise.

I think many people need to relax a little as well but that's just what I think. Obviously, in that moment, people feel differently. Maybe they feel they aren't being heard so they take more drastic measures. At least they aren't going around hurting people because of it. All they are doing is complaining ... and guess what? We don't need to read it if we don't want to.

So why people complain about complainers just absolutely baffles me. If you don't care, don't read.

Can't we say the same thing to your post? Why do people complain about complainers complaining about complainers?

I stopped reading at "unjustice".

Greetings,

We do appreciate your words of support, thank you!

Since our goal with these forums is to provide a place for our community to discuss Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ and not the people who work on the game, we are going to go ahead and close this thread.

Thank you for your feedback.