Why is new moddable PVP easy, but pve... not so much

Grazingcattle

So I guess my actual question is how long do you think it will take before we see Crafted (with or with out augment slot) Campaign shells?

Does anyone know if the rate is still 20% on this?

How much would they likely go on your server?

I want my trooper armor because i really like the new look...

Having to RE raid gear to get the schematics is a really poor idea, especially when you consider you can outright buy the PVP versions.

I guess their PVE and PVP teams are run by entirely different people in different buildings or something.

You're missing the point on the War Hero crafted gear - it has a 70 Valor requirement. There are also no crafted mods or enhancements that have expertise. So the only real use for those schema is to attempt to crit-craft for people who can already wear them...and since there's no craftable expertise mods/enhancements they're also paying the 75k or so per mod/enhance to rip it out of the regular War Hero gear...

which they still have to pay for via commendations.

It's by no means a free ride.

You're missing the point on the War Hero crafted gear - it has a 70 Valor requirement. There are also no crafted mods or enhancements that have expertise. So the only real use for those schema is to attempt to crit-craft for people who can already wear them...and since there's no craftable expertise mods/enhancements they're also paying the 75k or so per mod/enhance to rip it out of the regular War Hero gear...

which they still have to pay for via commendations.

It's by no means a free ride.

Except as a raider AND a pvper (valor 77), my best way to a best in slot (stat wise) PVE set is to buy the orange pvp augment gear (already flooding my servers GTN) and stick my raid gear in it.

I think that is his complaint, if you exclusively raid you will have a much harder time getting augments on your gear simply because people aren't going to be RE'ing raid gear for awhile.

Except as a raider AND a pvper (valor 77), my best way to a best in slot (stat wise) PVE set is to buy the orange pvp augment gear (already flooding my servers GTN) and stick my raid gear in it.

I think that is his complaint, if you exclusively raid you will have a much harder time getting augments on your gear simply because people aren't going to be RE'ing raid gear for awhile.

I see his point, but Valor 70 is a significant time investment - it's not as if these things are being handed out for free. People will be REing raid gear for shells in 2-3 weeks. I understand wanting to get best in slot items but that is still possible right now if a player is willing to forgo some eye candy for a few weeks and reslot some other orange gear.

Really, I get where he's coming from, I just think it's something that will rapidly work itself out.

geez. I'm glad I quit playing in January. I quit mainly because of the crafting taking too much time from the gameplay. Learning new items every two levels, one craft per character, endless missions for materials. And on top of all that, everything you craft looks the same for the most part.

The game needs two crafts per character, much better space combat/travel, and alot more variety in crafted items. Then I will consider returning. It's just too bad I am subscribed till July for no reason.

geez. I'm glad I quit playing in January. I quit mainly because of the crafting taking too much time from the gameplay.
Crafting is 100% optional, it can take as much or as little of your game time as you want.

Learning new items every two levels, one craft per character, endless missions for materials.
Gathering while questing means no gathering skill missions needed. Besides, missions can be setup before logging off or joining a warzone / raid, etc (this is when I start 5 missions for the mission skill) - they don't require active participation so I don't see the problem.

And on top of all that, everything you craft looks the same for the most part.
The only visible crafting skill I have done is armormech, which has many different looks. The point is moot for my main though who is a biochem.

The game needs two crafts per character, much better space combat/travel, and alot more variety in crafted items. Then I will consider returning. It's just too bad I am subscribed till July for no reason.

It doesn't need 2 crafting skills per character. By "better" space I assume you mean "completely different", as in changing it from a on-the-rails shooter to a completely 3D space game with a proper physics engine, etc. While I certainly wouldn't be against that it's hardly a small change.

Crafted items don't need more variety imo, they just need more use. Let us R/E any visible item into an orange schematic so we can wear crafted armour that we like instead of the generic end-game gear where we all look the same.

Edited by Jestunhi

You have to understand the intent. Crafting is not meant for everyone now. If you want to craft you're either going to make things for pvpers who are very high level or you're going to have to raid to get items to RE.

In other words, you work for the PvP elites now unless you are one of the PvE elites and are lucky enough to get the schematics before others who raid.

The problem is, in order to get shells you have to raid... Lets say for arguments sake that My crafter isnt close to being able to do the new op on HM (he is pretty close but its a hypo) Even if I am level 10 and for some reason have 400 armormech I can make the new pvp schmatics with aug... So How come the Huge diff in required time? It seems like this benefits those who are pvp or manage to do both successfully