Why the nerf

lord_cheesus

i seen a few people complaining about nerf for all classes from dif updates.

the main one im focussed on is the 1.2 update nerf for sith sorc

before 1.2 i could hold my own in a fight, against almost any prof, some nuked me like hell (commando)

but now after 1.2 i literally lose 15-16k health withing 3-4 seconds

has the sorc received a major defensive and offensive and healing nerf, cos i cant even get my 2.5k damage crit any more

and if so, why the hell was one of the weakest classes made weaker, sorc dps spec has to deal with cast timers on 90% of our attacks unlike BH who have 90% cast timer free etc

can someone shed some light on whats gone on with this

i haven't used my sorcerer since the update but... weak? the Sith sorcerer was nothing if not overpowered, mine can or could (not sure) keep a constant stream of damage on any opponent and most of the time on several at the same time...

before 1.2 i could hold my own in a fight, against almost any prof, some nuked me like hell (commando)

has the sorc received a major defensive and offensive and healing nerf, cos i cant even get my 2.5k damage crit any more

and if so, why the hell was one of the weakest classes made weaker, sorc dps spec has to deal with cast timers on 90% of our attacks unlike BH who have 90% cast timer free etc

people who never played sorc kept complaining that we were op because they didnt like that we could heal ourselves in wz. enough people complained the bioware said f*** it and cut all the stats in half, and changed the skill tree so make pve healing a nightmare

i Agree, before the patch i could hold up against a singel opponent for a while, but now i can barely fight a same level mob without losing all my health, didnt bioware say that every class were supposed to be able to fight multiple mobs...

well they had a decent stream of dps, more like a do with cast bar

but the dps per hit was low, for example top of lightning tree, force blast last time i looked was damage 600-800 i think - maybe bit higher but not over 1000

and a 3 sec cast timer, while wearing light armor so lower defence, against a dps BH, who can pop 3k crits with no timer, and at a 3k crit can kill me in 5-6 attacks

sorcs were good for average damage from a range, and able to keep the low hit coming, but it took too long to get someone hp down

maybe its cos im a casual gamer and didnt hit bm or war hero straight away, so i am def under geared for most of my fights

but still, kinda back to origional point

can you clarify, did the sroc get a major nerf?

people who never played sorc kept complaining that we were op because they didnt like that we could heal ourselves in wz. enough people complained the bioware said f*** it and cut all the stats in half, and changed the skill tree so make pve healing a nightmare

Exactly, people complained, on these forums, and got what they wanted. Now they are literally screaming at BW to turn it back before 1.2 came out. The old adage applies here, "Be careful what you wish for". The Nerf Hammer came out and BW played some Whack-a-Mole.

I now have to deal with these new circumstances on multiple characters and am just going to have to relearn a style of play that I can make do with all of the changes. It may not be easy, but I have suffered this before on other games and overcome the deficiencies that arose.

I will only point out that the majority of players do not come to the forums as they are actually playing. This means that the people complaining mostly are the same ones that complained to bring about these changes. BW said that they listen to the people and regularly check the forums. They listened and reacted to the input of the posters on the threads.

I may be upset, but I can't help but to find a lot of (sadistic?) enjoyment of the predicament, I will make the best of the situation.

This nerf was Karma, pure and simple. Guarantee they monitored as premade after premade of 3-5 sorc teams went into warzones, focused fire and sync healed, then said "yeah this is broken."

I'm sure it was fun while it lasted, but it's time to develop new tactics.