PvP is fine?

NoTTaShoT

Nothing is bad about it.

The tears are from healers who thought being able to tank damage while healing the rest of their team was acceptable pvp balance.

Now PvP is actually fun and people die, instead of the whole warzone degenerating into a healing contest.

I do think warzone credits should be increased.

Edited by LoKiei

You dont see how not getting a single reward of any kind for being thrown into a losing wz anywhere near CLOSE to half over isnt a prblem?

You dont see how working your *** off in a losing effort because your teamates suck and getting zero rewards of any kind for your time isnt a problem?

You dont see how pvp'ing in fresh level 50 gear nets you zero rewards of any kind because its hard as **** to get the minimum required medals with everyone else in BM gear as a problem.

Because heres a hint. The vast majority of everyone else does.

You dont see how not getting a single reward of any kind for being thrown into a losing wz anywhere near CLOSE to half over isnt a prblem?

You dont see how working your *** off in a losing effort because your teamates suck and getting zero rewards of any kind for your time isnt a problem?

You dont see how pvp'ing in fresh level 50 gear nets you zero rewards of any kind because its hard as **** to get the minimum required medals with everyone else in BM gear as a problem.

There is a distinction between the changes to warzone credits and rewards, and PvP itself.

Your concerns aren't on PvP but warzone rewards, it's a different issue.

I havent had an issue with getting at least 5 medals in games I've joined already in progress.

Team play = quick medals

There is a distinction between the changes to warzone credits and rewards, and PvP itself.

Your concerns aren't on PvP but warzone rewards, it's a different issue.

different issue huh? Can you point out to me where pvp exists besides wz's now?

On Ilum? oh wait

In questing areas where there are so many instances that you might see someone of the opposite faction once every 30 mins or so? oh wait

in the many various world pvp areas spread generously throughout the game? oh wait

:rolleyes:

i actually posted a rant about how much i hated it earlier, then i played it again for another couple hours and loved it. the PvP is TERRIBLE if u lose, but GREAT if u win. they should just up the reward for losing if u as a single player still did good

I like how you dont get something if you dont win, more games should not do freebies so easy.

I don't get whats so bad about how PvP is now?

The buff/nerf cycle is subjective, with a main that specs 21 points deep into his healing tree I won't comment on that angle as its going to be a somewhat biased opinion.

Folks however are also up in arms over the shift in reward allocation at the conclusion of a warzone. This system that significantly ramped up the gap between winning and losing really showed itself as a representative item of the ranked/unranked warzone system of separation.

Unfortunately, without ranked warzones hitting live what you have are players that would have queued for ranked ones having their grind significantly increased because they can;'t queue for ranked warzones for the appropriate commendations while those who would have remained part of the unranked queue system are now forced to fend with the ranked-type players who are far more organized and quite likely have a gear/skill edge benefit.

This means that they are losing far more often in far more brutal and uneven fashions, leading to negligible rewards.

Between the lack of ranked warzones to queue for and significant difference in win loss rewards both groups have essentially had their commendations rates cut down to about a 1/3 of what item costs were budgeted towards.

i actually posted a rant about how much i hated it earlier, then i played it again for another couple hours and loved it. the PvP is TERRIBLE if u lose, but GREAT if u win. they should just up the reward for losing if u as a single player still did good

annnnnd this statements just undermined everything you have ever said or will ever say in the future. It shows you are short sighted, ignorant, your feedback is based on emotions rather than logic conclusion.

Gj.

annnnnd this statements just undermined everything you have ever said or will ever say in the future. It shows you are short sighted, ignorant, your feedback is based on emotions rather than logic conclusion.

Gj.

The reasoning is flawed but the ultimate conclusion may just still be viable. It is not a matter of being rewarded on equal footing, but the old 65:100 loss:win ratio felt commensurate to me, but right now it is more akin to a 30:80 ratio.

To me why not just do a system kind of halfway between what is and what was, 10 commendations per medal up to 4, 10 per two medals beyond that up to 8 with a flat +20 for victory.

The other option is just tweak the multiplier to do 10 commendations per medal in a win, 10 commendations per 2 medals in a loss. You'd only see a rather small bump in the rewards for a loss, but it would be enough of one to feel more satisfying without over rewarding those that are unsuccessful.

The current formula just feels funky. I had 93 commendations from an 8 medal victory, 83 commendations from a 10 medal win, 43 commendations from a 12 medal loss. As the same player, same character, fairly close degrees of effectiveness in each warzone the variety of reward felt out of whack.

No.. PvP is broken. Period.

I had hopes and gave BW the benefit of the doubt..

My commando is useless in pvp now, while my sage, who was OP prior to 1.2 is just as good as always..

I'm sorry BW.. I have too much vested into my commando to start over because you're too *********** stupid to get this **** right.

There's plenty of new games coming out soon.

Ban my acct, whatever.. **** you, suck my *********** dick.

Gj.

:rolleyes:

Everything you have ever said or will every say in the future? I love forums.

Logical conclusion.

Gj.

Actualy it makes more sense to me how the players feel while playing a warzone then whats the logic behind the mechanics, if they are broken or not. I mean what is important is to have a fun, i couldnt care less about the rest. So far pvp is fun to me, sometimes can be frustrating to get the dailys done, but hey its an MMO right grind is always there. If i feel bored i just drop it for a while.

Just because a person dont care about nipicking everything and actualy cares to have fun playing it, doesnt mean its ignorant or short sighted.

My commando is useless in pvp now, while my sage, who was OP prior to 1.2 is just as good as always..

then you dont know how to play a comando.

You just need to adapt a bit, dont just heal, dps a litle, it works wonders for me.

Edited by Spartanik

Bioware managed to destroy the PVP in this game with one fell swoop. That coupled with pulling rated WZs just hours before the patch caused me to unsub. I hate to say it but it's pretty clear at this point Bioware has no clue what the hell they are doing. Edited by Cereyeth

Bioware managed to destroy the PVP in this game with one fell swoop. That coupled with pulling rated WZs just hours before the patch caused me to unsub. I hate to say it but it's pretty clear at this point Bioware has no clue what the hell they are doing.

I'll be watching the boards for your name.