Why is all the WM gear so ugly?

GrigTrinivar

I was so anxious waiting to see what the new gear would look like. Boy what a let down! The JK looks like something rejected by the costume designers from the 1930's Flash Gordon covered in pastels. Is this stuff really the best they could come up with? I don't want to wear any of it! Every class I've looked at is uglier then the last.

BW has responded to this. They are aware that it is terrible and they ask for time to slowly try and make it better in coming sets...

My opinion: Only a group of idiots would let these textures past concept art.

BW has responded to this. They are aware that it is terrible and they ask for time to slowly try and make it better in coming sets...

Tbh that answer just isn't good enough, the shadow stuff makes me want to throw up. They should at least make the armouring mods transferable regardless of set bonus to any orange gear.

I was so anxious waiting to see what the new gear would look like. Boy what a let down! The JK looks like something rejected by the costume designers from the 1930's Flash Gordon covered in pastels. Is this stuff really the best they could come up with? I don't want to wear any of it! Every class I've looked at is uglier then the last.

At least the JK gear is much better than the BM version. An improvement is an improvement. Consulars, on the other hand...

Because there has to be a drawback to the ridiculous advantage expertise now give to the ones who already have better than average stuff while commendations only go to the winners, and even clear winners since even winning 51/49 with the use of 3 medpacs or stims you don't gain anything to buy BM gear, let alone WH.

So, what the actual PvP rewards is farming understuffed toons like mobs, not PvP play at all... you have to have some sort of drawback for that, and it's an ugly look, not that it'll have any impact on WH stuffing anyway.

HEY! IV GOT AN IDEA!

Maybe they should show the concept art/early designs to the player base and ask for feedback before they implement... considering they failed twice on armor textures and the community are their costumers it might be time to do some polls.

You know its amazing that they need negative feed back on the class sets in the first place, its like the designers never watched a Star Wars movie.

There is not a single set in game that remotly looks like it belongs in a SW setting.

All I know is my BH pvp mods are gonna get put in my lv40 pvp gear so I can look like a bounty hunter again... Was so pissed when I had to ditch it for the 50 pvp sets Edited by Vakaar

Bingo, it's a time/credit sink to replace the RNG of the bags. And force the PvPers to interact with the crafters.

Not to mention it's probably harder now than ever to "find" some augments...

We used to have some good proto/artefact augments directly through short missions, now we need to do those same missions to have a chance to find a schematic, then you need materials to chain-RE till you get the artefact schematic, since the proto won't be bought by anyone.

That's clearly not what I would call a crafting "up", it's a nerf. Only the day the best stuff available will be craftable will crafting become something else than an useless cash sink.

Edited by JMCH

Can you link to that response? I hadn't seen it yet & am looking forward to it.